Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tarot and Oracle Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Can someone tell you the future? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16062)

ConanSlo 17-05-2011 09:53 PM

Can someone tell you the future?

Hello can someone tell you the future, is this exsist and it is real?

thank you!

daisy 17-05-2011 10:43 PM

I don't think so, I think they can tell you of a possible future in readings and such, but this can be so easily changed.

ivy71983 18-05-2011 01:48 AM

I don't thinkl many people realize that it's the choices you make that define your future. You may be walking one path where someone can predict what will happen but if you choose to walk away from that path it will change the outcome.

ConanSlo 18-05-2011 07:49 AM

thank you daisy and ivy for reply! yea I think in this way too...
Ivy, Yes it should me more logic that you can change paths.
Still it is interest subject, that why I asked.

Thank you!

psychoslice 18-05-2011 07:59 AM

No, there is no future, they may be able to sense something in the NOW, which most see as the future, but i would say that most of their predictions would be a 99.9% lucky guess.

astroboy 18-05-2011 09:05 AM

Whoever is telling you of the future. especially those who do fortune telling and the like, are actually doing it using two different methods simultaneously. They use the common sense on the general trend of cause and effect. Secondly, they use ambiguous words presented in a hypnotic way that will instill within your subconscious, key words from their spoken sentences. During the course of living our daily life, these very words will surface from your subconscious mind and we tend to link these with the 'astrologer's prediction'.

psychoslice 18-05-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astroboy
Whoever is telling you of the future. especially those who do fortune telling and the like, are actually doing it using two different methods simultaneously. They use the common sense on the general trend of cause and effect. Secondly, they use ambiguous words presented in a hypnotic way that will instill within your subconscious, key words from their spoken sentences. During the course of living our daily life, these very words will surface from your subconscious mind and we tend to link these with the 'astrologer's prediction'.

I like that, it really makes a lot of sense.

Chrysaetos 18-05-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisy
I don't think so, I think they can tell you of a possible future in readings and such, but this can be so easily changed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoslice
No, there is no future, they may be able to sense something in the NOW, which most see as the future, but i would say that most of their predictions would be a 99.9% lucky guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by astroboy

Great replies! :smile:

Animus27 18-05-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConanSlo
Hello can someone tell you the future, is this exsist and it is real?

thank you!

Personally, I do think prophecy can exist. But I think it's so amazingly rare and exceptional that is it probably best to consider it impossible :wink:

I pretty much second all of the replies so far.

norseman 18-05-2011 10:29 AM

Telling the future ? Doubt it ! Put it down to an instinct for human psychology and backwoods trendspotting. Most people are relatively easy to read in broad strokes in face-to-face situations.
Think about an Employment Interview or a serious romance - same difference as predicting the future.