Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Past Lives & Reincarnation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   I'm having a hard time coping with being female (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117910)

ParanoidHippie 25-10-2017 08:20 AM

I'm having a hard time coping with being female

So I'm female during this lifetime. I know I'm not transgender. I think my body and mind is pretty feminine and yin. I just think my soul is more used to be being male. I sometimes just can't cope. How do you cope when your current life conflicts so much with past lives?

Goddessa 25-10-2017 09:03 AM

I empathise with you. I am going through the same thing, although I never considered it in terms of past lives. I just thought I was different - in general.

Like you, I'm not transgender either. I find that men also tend to be wary of women who are strongly independent - at least that has been my personal experience.

I don't know where you live but it is particularly difficult when you live in a heavily patriarchal society, which I do. Things that seem like common sense get clouded in ridiculousness just because you are a woman. An example is being a female who employs men for labour intensive work (which I am). Navigating the dynamics and delicate nature of this association in a patriarchal society has been a headache for me. An uneccessary one because I know I wouldn't have the same issues if I was a man.

I don't know too much about reincarnation and past lives, events are currently compelling me to look closer into the beliefs. One of the main theories about reincarnation is that we choose our current incarnation. So you and I have chosen to be female. We apparently choose these bodies and locations with the aim of soul growth. So maybe you can look into how being in a female body is helping you to grow and what lessons you are learning from that.

I'm going to do the same.

Goddessa 25-10-2017 09:04 AM

Double post

ParanoidHippie 25-10-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goddessa
I empathise with you. I am going through the same thing, although I never considered it in terms of past lives. I just thought I was different - in general.

Like you, I'm not transgender either. I find that men also tend to be wary of women who are strongly independent - at least that has been my personal experience.

I don't know where you live but it is particularly difficult when you live in a heavily patriarchal society, which I do. Things that seem like common sense get clouded in ridiculousness just because you are a woman. An example is being a female who employs men for labour intensive work (which I am). Navigating the dynamics and delicate nature of this association in a patriarchal society has been a headache for me. An uneccessary one because I know I wouldn't have the same issues if I was a man.

I don't know too much about reincarnation and past lives, events are currently compelling me to look closer into the beliefs. One of the main theories about reincarnation is that we choose our current incarnation. So you and I have chosen to be female. We apparently choose these bodies and locations with the aim of soul growth. So maybe you can look into how being in a female body is helping you to grow and what lessons you are learning from that.

I'm going to do the same.

I don't remember my past lives, but I really don't feel used to being feminine. When people see me as feminine, I just feel a disconnect. I'm not used to feeling so disrespected and belittled. I also retained some masculine traits that people find unsettling. So people always feel the need to correct me.

Colorado 26-10-2017 12:21 AM

Me, too...it’s the energy. Being a female, in a male dominated world, where women hate each other for being beautiful, half pay in jobs, and most of the responsibility for independence relies on you, as such for caring for family, kids, men, and holding down a full time job, and probably the worst of all, periods, emotions and craziness.....I get it, I hear ya. Loud and clear.

FallingLeaves 26-10-2017 01:19 AM

I should preface this by saying I'm male but much resonate with the feminine side. Anyway I halfway like being disrespected and belittled... yeah I agree in some ways it is no fun to be in that place, but, on the other hand it is such a relief not being RELIED ON to GET THINGS DONE that it is worth it. I've spent a lot of lives as a male when if I had my druthers... and that is one of the things that has really begun to grate on me... anyway you won't like me saying this but in my mind there is something to be said for being treated as being just a little ditzy lol!

holly1213 27-10-2017 02:42 PM

So I'm new to this past lives stuff. I was browsing online and saw this. I've been having realistic dreams for a long time. I'm not transgendered either. I'm a straight 27 year old woman (and now mother)

When I would play with other kids my age I was always the dad when we played house.

When I was able to dress myself I dressed like a boy because it just seemed right. I dressed in slacks and button up shirts when I was around 13-15 years old. Nice watches and all.

I listened to older music. Read older books. (Still do)

When I got into high school i began to get into my own. I was never pushed to be feminine or masculine. I grew my hair out longer, wore more feminine clothes, all that.

I've always had realistic dreams. Like I fall asleep but it's like I was never asleep. I'll be eating a meal with my family or golfing or having a conversation. Normal every day stuff ... It's me but it's not. The older I get. The.more I remember the little details of the dreams. Like the clock on my bedstand. So when I wake up, I check the time and then clocks not there. it wasn't ever there because it was just a dream.

I have the dream where I die. A couple months ago I had it almost every night.

I know that in these dreams Im a man And I'm in love with a woman and I have so many kids it's ridiculous. But I love em. And I wake up and still love em

I don't talk to alot of people about this because I get sick of the crazy looks I get. Yes I already know it sounds crazy but I have to tell someone.

ParanoidHippie 28-10-2017 06:48 AM

With me when I was a kid I dressed and acted hyper-feminine. I was scared people would discover how "male" I am and it was also kind of fun. I still have a lot of fun dressing up feminine, but it kind of feels like a novelty.

7luminaries 31-10-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParanoidHippie
I don't remember my past lives, but I really don't feel used to being feminine. When people see me as feminine, I just feel a disconnect. I'm not used to feeling so disrespected and belittled. I also retained some masculine traits that people find unsettling. So people always feel the need to correct me.

First you are not weird and second this totally resonates...and that is the gift of our other incarnations and of all that we are, shining through and pointing you to your true north as a soul...same as ANY soul deserves, regardless of these artificial "allowances" and "restrictions".

...and 3rd, any self-aware and self-respecting woman would certainly be running up against loads of disrespect and loads of being belittled...simply for existing. Much less for quietly and simply standing for your own dignity and self-worth.

(And wow...how obnoxious is that, others telling you how to be and who you can be, deciding for themselves what's allowed for another's expression of personality and beauty and strength and so forth.)

Being and becoming who you are certainly does seem to cause a lot of affront to many who demand power-over, and who expect to control and dominate you, and that you will allow it readily without even calling notice to the fact that it is dehumanising, misaligned with spirit, and frankly just wrong in your eyes.

You're totally sane. It's the world round us which says day is night and night is day and stuff it if you don't agree with us coz we say so.

Your truth and your insight into your own self-worth...which is absolutely equal to all those around you who say and act as if it's not...is a beacon of truth in the muck and the confusion. And that is unsettling as hell for many others.

Guess what, though? So long as you treat them with courtesy and kindness equally to yourself (and not at your own expense)...then their problem with acknowledging your humanity is just that.

THEIR problem.

It's not on you to have to educate others or to justify your worth to those who refuse to acknowledge it. Your lesson to them is in your very presence, in simply being and doing the authentic love that you ARE.

Peace & blessings :hug3:
7L

Baile 16-10-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParanoidHippie
I just think my soul is more used to be bei ng male.

Spiritual Science says we're both. When you incarnate into the Physical plane as a female, your male soul-self remains in the Spirit plane and functions as your Higher Self. And vice versa.