Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Religion (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   bible interpretations (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=69423)

elisi 04-06-2014 06:16 PM

bible interpretations

there is always such controversy of the bible and there are so many interpretations i thought it'd be fun to speculate on what some of the passage actually mean-or look at alternate explanations.

ie eve was supposedly made from adam's rib.

perhaps god or the gods were just advanced extraterrestrials who had the technology of cloning? a rib would be a good place to start.

and i've always had a problem with noah supposedly having 2 of EVERY species on earth on that one ship. but i'll bet he could have done it if he had the dna from them all?

yes, i'm a very imaginative person. :)

Ecthalion 04-06-2014 06:26 PM

The Bible is a wonderful piece of mythology. Second only to the Iliad and the Odyssey,

Squatchit 04-06-2014 06:33 PM

Fun? General religion? Ha!

:D

LadyTerra 05-06-2014 01:34 AM

OK...let's be controversial...here is the question that got me dismissed from Sunday School when I was 6 years old;

If Adam & Eve were the first people on Earth and Cain & Abel were the first children--then where did Cain's wife come from?:confused: :dontknow: :wink:

elisi 05-06-2014 01:44 AM

it makes sense if you believe adam & eve were the genetic experiment between extraterrestrials and prehistoric man. there were two races of men on earth in those days.

'the sons of man lay with the sons of god' (paraphrased)

innerlight 05-06-2014 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elisi

perhaps god or the gods were just advanced extraterrestrials

Of course god/gods were extraterrestrials if you used the bible as your source code. Extraterrestrial means not of earth or its atmosphere. In the bible God created the heavens and the earth.. He couldn't have been a part of it if he made it.

innerlight 05-06-2014 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyTerra
then where did Cain's wife come from?:confused: :dontknow: :wink:

IKEA...... :D

LadyTerra 05-06-2014 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innerlight
IKEA...... :D

LOL...it is so good to see you (again) InnerLight!:hug: :D

However...my Sunday School Teacher was married to Father Keyling...and she was not amused!!!:icon_eek: LOL

elisi 05-06-2014 03:12 AM

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread412917/pg1

scientific explanations of the biblical plagues.

elisi 05-06-2014 04:18 AM

Amos Nur in New Scientist (1991 July 6 pp. 39-42) attributed the stopping of the Jordan River (Joshua 3) and the falling of the walls of Jericho (Joshua 6) to earthquakes.

In 1927 an earthquake measuring 6.5 on the Richter scale had its epicentre under a plain 15 kilometres north of Jericho. Over thirty destructive quakes have hit the region since 117 BC. Josephus, for example, mentions the destruction of the town of Qumran (of Dead Sea scroll fame) in 31 BC with 10,000 dead.

Joshua chapter 3 records that the Jordan River stopped flowing and this enabled the Israelites to easily cross over into the Promised Land.

The 1927 quake caused a mud-slide which stopped the river. This also happened in 1906, 1834, 1546, 1534, 1267 and 1160.

Probably, therefore, a timely earthquake explains the "miracle" of the Jordan ceasing its flow for the Israelites. The Bible says the Israelites set up twelve stones to mark the location as a memorial. (Joshua 4) This could be future additional confirmation when archaeologists find them!

Nur suggests an earthquake leveled the Jericho of Joshua's time:

There is little doubt that the walls of Jericho have collapsed several times in its 10 000-year history. (p. 42)

However, Bible chronology puts the demise of the Jericho of Joshua's time to the mid 14th century BC. But in the 1950s the late British archaeologist Kathleen Kenson gave 1550 BC. The discrepancy was used by many critics as proof that the Biblical record is mythical.