Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Films (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Which A-list Hollywood actors have a progressive spiritual orientation? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130405)

inavalan 17-07-2019 08:51 PM

"progressive spiritual orientation" ... Both adjectives are loaded with unsupported assumptions about good/bad, true/false, and have a connotation of activism/dogmatism. You may have a great book there, but I wouldn't give it attention just because of that description. On the other hand, I believe there might be others who would be interested in it just because of those adjectives, as they consider themselves progressive and spiritual, by their own definitions.

It is also surprising that you firstly wrote your book ("I've written a self-help book ..."), and now you're looking to back/pad it with celebrities.

Are you a published author? If so, what have you already published?

By the way, many A-listers swear by TM (transcendental meditation), e.g. Jerry Seinfeld attribute his successful career to that. But, that might not be progressive spiritual ... (?)

ZenHollywood 17-07-2019 10:28 PM

How can you say that I have "unsupported assumptions" based on a few words I wrote without reaching out to me in order to better understand my intentions? That is the very definition of "unsupported assumptions" so you might want to really think about your comments before contradicting yourself. But really, that fact that you feel the need to pass judgment says a lot about the insecure place you're coming from. I don't need to justify my book or expertise, but thanks anyway...

By "progressive spiritual orientation", I intended to communicate that my beliefs go beyond mainstream religion, which can be quite conservative. There is no good/bad, true/false implied, though there are many religious beliefs I personally consider to be false. No dogma here for that matter---all projections on your part.

inavalan 18-07-2019 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenHollywood
How can you say that I have "unsupported assumptions" based on a few words I wrote without reaching out to me in order to better understand my intentions? That is the very definition of "unsupported assumptions" so you might want to really think about your comments before contradicting yourself. But really, that fact that you feel the need to pass judgment says a lot about the insecure place you're coming from. I don't need to justify my book or expertise, but thanks anyway...

By "progressive spiritual orientation", I intended to communicate that my beliefs go beyond mainstream religion, which can be quite conservative. There is no good/bad, true/false implied, though there are many religious beliefs I personally consider to be false. No dogma here for that matter---all projections on your part.

I must've touched a sore spot ... So you're insulting me. This is typical of many self-entitled "progressive" or "spiritual".

You're selling something (wrote a book to publish), so the burden to convince is on your side. You need to justify your expertise if you want to communicate, and to sell your product.

You can be an atheist, have new age or whatever flavor of spiritual beliefs and still be dogmatic. Considering your self above / beyond / ... could be a telling sign.

I guess when you asked for help, you wanted help only the way you expect it, no critical suggestions.

Can you point to something you've already published?

To act one needs to have an opinion, and to form an opinion one has to pass judgement. People cry "judgmental" only when they don't like the judgement.

ZenHollywood 18-07-2019 01:51 AM

In the spirit of staying on topic, I'm going to pass on your comment. Sorry you're so unhappy you feel you need to troll.

ocean breeze 20-07-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoOne
I don't think Hollywood and spirituality mix very well.

I find the opposite. I find it hard to separate the two. Perhaps the Hollywood actors are only one step ahead. They know they are acting even when they are being serious. Deep down they know its only an act.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoOne
Hollywood actors are by definition shallow and materialistic.

Just by that comment is it safe to assume that spiritualist are extremely judgmental about people they know nothing about? I've made that observation about 8 months ago on this forum and people seem to be proving me right more and more.

It appears as though the OP is looking for Hollywood actors who read spiritual books and probably meditates. This correct?

MDBdivinity 21-05-2020 06:58 PM

Britney Spears is reliable in Kabbalah

Arjhan 03-09-2020 10:04 AM

Benedict Cumberbatch is a practicing Buddhist and vegan. In the US, he'd be called a Progressive, but my guess in his home country, he's merely a Liberal (or Labour) :smile:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benedi...#Personal_life

Tarkan 29-04-2021 04:06 AM

hope you got your answer :)

Sir Neil 12-11-2021 10:27 PM

Will Smith and Jim Carey have an interest in the Law of Attraction, as does Oprah.

Dezzy67 11-02-2022 01:53 AM

bruce lee love