Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Films (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Spiritual Films (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37963)

knightofalbion 28-06-2012 09:44 AM

Spiritual Films

Seen any films with a spiritually enlightening and/or uplifting theme to them?

Two I'd highly recommend are:

The Lovely Bones

and

What Dreams May Come

Squatchit 28-06-2012 10:45 AM

I like both those films knight. What Dreams May Come is awesome. :smile:

Having a big interest in dreaming, Vanilla Sky rocks my world.

norseman 28-06-2012 10:55 AM

"Dogma" ! Hard-core spiritual without all the religious drivel.

Arcturus 28-06-2012 12:19 PM

i thought the film Stigmata had some good messages...for instance

Frankie: Jesus said... the Kingdom of God is inside you, and all around you, not in mansions of wood and stone. Split a piece of wood... and I am there, lift a stone... and you will find me.

it reminded me of the J Krishnamurti quote::

Go down to the sea of an evening when the fresh breezes are blowing and all the blades of grass are in motion and the particles of sand are flying about and the trees are waving their branches, and the waves of the sea are breaking over each other. You want to gather and bind all that beauty into a narrow temple. You need have no beliefs in order to live nobly. An yet you say, "I must worship gods, I must perform rites, I must go to shrines, I must follow this and do that". It is an eternal must. That way of living is not living at all.

merrie 05-07-2012 12:09 AM

A different kind of spiritual movie

I was eager to see the movie, "The Tree of Life" when it was released to HBO. It is quite an unusual spiritual movie. The actors were Brad Pitt and Sean Penn.

I would like to know if anyone else viewed it and what they thought about it.?

It was almost poetic in its presentation of beautiful background music and lovely scenery.

Reading reviews, it was not everybody's "cup of tea".

It talked about "grace and nature" and how it helped to shape the life of a man who uses his childhood memories to awaken him spiritually.

Joseph123 05-07-2012 11:57 PM

You'll think that this is stupid, but a movie from which I received a great amount of enlightenment was the Adam Sandler picture, "Click."

Sarian 06-07-2012 06:19 PM

I did not see the movie The Lovely Bones, but read the book. It was okay. I didn't find it uplifting, however. Just very sad.

I have What Dreams May Come, but honestly I hated the movie oddly enough.

I remember watching "Always" with Richard Dryfuss and Holly Hunter and loved that movie.

I'm sure there are movies that I found greatly uplifting in a spiritual sense, but right at the moment, I'm drawing a blank. I did just finish watching a documentary on youtube that Topaz posted and found that extremely uplifting for me.

amy green 14-07-2012 09:19 PM

Here is a soundbite (7 mins) called:

Spiritual Awakening - get ready for earth changes (kind of a wake up call)

http://www.youtube.com/user/eclairsd...?v=PXqCLZE0NdA

knightofalbion 14-07-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarian
[font="Century Gothic"][size="4"][color="Indigo"]I did not see the movie The Lovely Bones, but read the book. It was okay. I didn't find it uplifting, however. Just very sad.

I have What Dreams May Come, but honestly I hated the movie oddly enough.

What Dreams May Come is a film for incurable romantics!

The Lovely Bones has a dark side. It explores all aspects of the human condition - good and evl, joy and sorrow, life and death. But if you stay with it to the end it is ultimately a very positive, uplifting film.

Both films made full use of advances in cinematography and were beautifully done, the afterlife scenes especially.

knightofalbion 14-07-2012 10:33 PM

And we can't forget the 1946 classic 'It's a Wonderful Life' with James Stewart. The ultimate feel good movie.
A reminder of the differences we can make to people's lives, for the better, by simple acts of kindness.