Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Yoga (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   YYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAA (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19732)

Spiritlite 27-07-2011 10:25 PM

YYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAA

So since I've been religiously practicing for over three or four months my body is a lot more toned, I'm a lot stronger in muscles I never knew I could be I've lost inches, I'm more relaxed, my lungs feel more healthy (I do smoke when I work part time), I feel less stressed, my blood pressure is more down, and I LOVE it. I love feeling young again I swear I feel about 28 in terms of flexibility and I'm 36 I feel really flexible and my lower back no longer hurts me so that I don't get awakened in the morning with a terrible lower back ache...I now just wake up and go. It's wonderful...no more headaches......wow I'm amazed..
Spiritlite.
:hug3:

Thinker108 28-07-2011 04:48 AM

i am happy to know that. Can you be more specific about Yoga?. Can you describe the style you adopted?

Miss Hepburn 28-07-2011 08:12 AM

Cool!
And I know, you've inspired me to do it every week at least.
My best friend is a yoga teacher for decades!

norseman 28-07-2011 04:06 PM

Spiritlite - Snap ! OK, not yoga but three gym sessions every week since April. All my blood numbers are nominal [ alright - with a little chemical help ] and I suppose I do have 8 pipes on the pump rather than the usual 4 and I am twice your age but the treadmill now feels like a meditation and I wake up with a snap to go to the gym. I know exactly where you are coming from. :smile:

Arlan Lares 28-07-2011 04:43 PM

Some hatha yoga postures and routines are great for developing strength, flexibility, and, above all, balance. I highly recommend a safe yoga practice (by safe, I mean going for what your body is comfortable with, building up slowly) for physical and mental wellbeing. I routinely practice three or four times a week.

Spiritlite 28-07-2011 05:48 PM

Yay for replies. I do DVDs of Wai Lana whom I've followed for years and I dont know what type of yoga she does

Sarian 28-07-2011 07:17 PM

I took yoga in my second semester in college and loved it. I wish I could afford to go to classes, but I guess once my life settles down, I can learn and do it at home.

Spiritlite 28-07-2011 10:38 PM

Saran. Wai Lana has a early morning show on PBS every morning. If not you can get her DVDs second hand on amazon il

Spiritlite 28-07-2011 10:40 PM

Oops on amazon or on eBay. Her beginners is great color begginers. You can also download apps for yoga if needs be. Or even buy books that is how I started

chakragal 28-07-2011 11:25 PM

YES INDEED! SCORE ONE FOR YOGA! I've been going to a Hatha class once a week for two months now. I also recently began intergrating it into my daily life, doing poses at home for about 20 minutes a day. I'm noticing increased flexibility-it's starting to show. But it feels great, and it has opened up my spirituality path. Thanks for sharing!!!