Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Religion (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   How can stretch a wonderful moment? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=122632)

Flexi-Girl 13-05-2018 01:04 PM

How can stretch a wonderful moment?

Ever have those moments, for whatever inexplicable reason feel wonderful.

It's a little after 8 AM this Sunday morning. The air is Springtime cool but not chilly, slightly cloudy but with hints of the blue sky. I am sitting in my bed looking out my window. I see and hear these lovely birds and watch squirrels scamper about the trees. There is nothing particularly special about this Sunday, but it feel so promising. Promising of what I don't know. Moments like these always seem so fleeting.

Is there a way to stretch these moments out? I could sit in bed all day, still the day marches on, and with it, this moment. Everything passes. Is there a way to capture this magic more often?

sky 13-05-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
Ever have those moments, for whatever inexplicable reason feel wonderful.

It's a little after 8 AM this Sunday morning. The air is Springtime cool but not chilly, slightly cloudy but with hints of the blue sky. I am sitting in my bed looking out my window. I see and hear these lovely birds and watch squirrels scamper about the trees. There is nothing particularly special about this Sunday, but it feel so promising. Promising of what I don't know. Moments like these always seem so fleeting.

Is there a way to stretch these moments out? I could sit in bed all day, still the day marches on, and with it, this moment. Everything passes. Is there a way to capture this magic more often?

Everything is in flux, nothing lasts forever. Your ' Wonderful moment ' has touched you because it felt different from previous moments, happier or content etc: but that also comes to an end, and life goes on :smile: Each moment can be wonderful, it depends on how you perceive your moments....

Flexi-Girl 13-05-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Everything is in flux, nothing lasts forever. Your ' Wonderful moment ' has touched you because it felt different from previous moments, happier or content etc: but that also comes to an end, and life goes on :smile:

Yes. This is so true that nothing lasts forever. I was reflecting on this a little while ago. Maybe the moment is something to be treasured while it's here but gently released.

Quote:

Each moment can be wonderful, it depends on how you perceive your moments....

I think it depends on your state of mind. Sometimes the daily monotony overshadows those perfect moments.

sky 13-05-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Yes. This is so true that nothing lasts forever. I was reflecting on this a little while ago. Maybe the moment is something to be treasured while it's here but gently released.

I think it depends on your state of mind. Sometimes the daily monotony overshadows those perfect moments.

Everything comes from the mind even wonderful/monotonous :smile: They are just thoughts.

Flexi-Girl 13-05-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Everything comes from the mind even wonderful/monotonous :smile: They are just thoughts.

Seems a bit nihilistic way looking at things.

sky 13-05-2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Seems a bit nihilistic way looking at things.

No :smile: not at all, if your feelings don't come from your thoughts where do they come from?

The mind is everything, you become what you think.

Flexi-Girl 13-05-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

No :smile: not at all, if your feelings don't come from your thoughts where do they come from?

The mind is everything, you become what you think.

Partly internal, partly external.

sky 13-05-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Partly internal, partly external.

Internal/external what?

Jyotir 14-05-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

How can stretch a wonderful moment?
Is there a way to stretch these moments out? [...]
Everything passes. Is there a way to capture this magic more often?

Hi Flexi-Girl,
One word:
gratitude.

~ J