Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Non Duality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Acceptance (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=112384)

Joe Mc 06-04-2017 07:49 AM

Acceptance

Acceptance is another word for seeing. Acceptance is another word for stopping. It is another word for letting what is be. There is no course of action which you can ever hope to instigate or change without acceptance. Acceptance must come first at every passing and yet this idea can send waves of fear or resistance through the mind of the person ? Why ? Because it brings up ideas of victim hood and passivity, laziness and depression in general, it brings up the idea that you might be in this bracket.

God forbid that i should stop for two seconds to contemplate any deeper meanings in my life here. There is an old saying as you know, " What good is life with all it's cares if we have not time to stand and stare ". Of course this is just a hint as are words in general, you do not have to abandon life as you know it, to stop and stare. But it is a huge paradox, how it is with acceptance that you really do truely become free to instigate a pathway in your life or to change something in your life ? It is only with acceptance that you can fully understand who you really are and what it is in life that you came here for. A couple of thoughts on acceptance.

RedEmbers 10-04-2017 05:38 AM

Nice.

I've come back a few times to read your post and let it settle.

My thoughts are led to acceptance of both the good and the bad. Life's joyful experiences and also painful and trauma related experiences.

This actually leads me to thinking about "changing the past"... through acceptance we can change the energy of the past from one of powerlessness to one of comfort and strength.

More choices seem to become available upon accepting what is or was.
From personal experience with trauma I can accept the feeling of trauma but then make a choice to be empowered by it's lessons or disempowered by the pain... often it seems more like a combination of both.

So yes... I sense that acceptance asks for us to sit with what is... that action in itself can shed light on options not before seen.

Just my own ponderings on acceptance.

Joe Mc 10-04-2017 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Nice.

I've come back a few times to read your post and let it settle.

My thoughts are led to acceptance of both the good and the bad. Life's joyful experiences and also painful and trauma related experiences.

This actually leads me to thinking about "changing the past"... through acceptance we can change the energy of the past from one of powerlessness to one of comfort and strength.

More choices seem to become available upon accepting what is or was.
From personal experience with trauma I can accept the feeling of trauma but then make a choice to be empowered by it's lessons or disempowered by the pain... often it seems more like a combination of both.

So yes... I sense that acceptance asks for us to sit with what is... that action in itself can shed light on options not before seen.

Just my own ponderings on acceptance.

Hey Colourful,

Great to see you. Thankyou for your lovely ponderings on acceptance. What got me thinking about acceptance in the first place was the human, the Human Machine and Nature. How a human life unfolds if you like within nature, within life's patterns. Those patterns which seem natural, the cycle of life etc. This type of thing and how we as humans rally somehow against it all.

Not in the obvious ways although they are pretty scary, destruction of forests etc. etc. pollution etc. but in more subtle ways too, crows feet appearing on your face maybe and the complete and total unacceptance of human form. That is what it feels like to me a total unacceptance of our place within the natural world. And the paraodox that if we do accept our relationship to the natural world only then are we free to become 'human' and create. Hmmm lofty stuff lol.

Is this a radical acceptance that leads to freedom ? Like has the word acceptance lost its meaning ? His sweets have been stolen but he accepts it!! I mean 'He' in this scenario is not a child but an adult lol. Is this the level of understanding about acceptance we live with ? Anyway maybe the clouds will open again on this idea ? Hope so.

Your ideas about the past got me thinking too of how life shakes and beats little humans up lol... I mean there was this place, a field were the crazy people where i lived road horses, drove stolen cars and motorbikes around, got drunk, took drugs, had sex, burnt the farmer's corn etc. etc. beat their chest's in all manner of ways so it seems to this little imagination lol. But you know there is a factory there now built on that field and some kinda lonely yellow ragworth growing alongside some crippled trees. So i was thinking although we can be specific and i should be more specific with techniques that move us on positively from past trauma, old daddieo lol Time seems intent on beating the **** out of peoples dreams. Sorry just an abstract thought. Thankyou. hugs.

RedEmbers 10-04-2017 08:45 PM

I haven't accepted my crows feet yet so I'd appreciate you not bringing them up!
LOL!

Yes acceptance does in deed take many forms... I hadn't really thought of that until you mentioned it here... I can't believe it really lol. I was too preoccupied with my own personal take home message here but thank because I needed that.

I don't know, something sits right with the way you shared here about acceptance.

It is in fact a simple act but one with much deeper... depth to it!

I've often thought in relationships I had accepted less charming characteristics of people... but now that I am feeling more aquaintented with acceptance I am starting to think I maybe just gave up on those parts of them instead... reserved myself to assuming that I was in it alone... hmmm...
Well then!
Many sides to
Acceptance... thanks!

Joe Mc 13-04-2017 02:33 PM

I'm struggling to accept I've lost that little piece of acceptance lol. And id do anything for some of your take home acceptance right now ! I knew it was too good to last. Lol. Yep not sure about the unsavoury stuff in personal relationships maybe you can bring that person to a realisation that they are behaving the way they are but I tend to lose it and go on the offensive unfortunately but had a couple of days being very close to it, god or whatever and you realise the brevity of it all here on earth ?? Anyways typing on mobile phone lol and its not helping lol

naturesflow 13-04-2017 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Mc
I'm struggling to accept I've lost that little piece of acceptance lol. And id do anything for some of your take home acceptance right now ! I knew it was too good to last. Lol. Yep not sure about the unsavoury stuff in personal relationships maybe you can bring that person to a realisation that they are behaving the way they are but I tend to lose it and go on the offensive unfortunately but had a couple of days being very close to it, god or whatever and you realise the brevity of it all here on earth ?? Anyways typing on mobile phone lol and its not helping lol

Don't sweat the small stuff Joe. :wink:

When your aware of the bigger picture it catches up to you anyway...hehehe

The brevity in being human, means we get to practice it over and over, without sweating.

Imperfectly perfect balance allows you to be less contained by your failings and more accepting of them as a human as you show. Holding your own presence lends itself to what is moving outside of yourself. What one takes is their point of awareness and readiness, so letting go to accept them as they are, is often less sweaty and more fun too.

We cant accept what we are "not seeing/unaware" of more complete. Even awareness of an issue doesn't bring lasting change until one "gets it" more complete. Its a whole integrative process that I naturally accept in others because I accept my own process in opening deeper to notice more and build it as a way of living it deeper.

Joe Mc 16-04-2017 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturesflow
Don't sweat the small stuff Joe. :wink:

When your aware of the bigger picture it catches up to you anyway...hehehe

The brevity in being human, means we get to practice it over and over, without sweating.

Imperfectly perfect balance allows you to be less contained by your failings and more accepting of them as a human as you show. Holding your own presence lends itself to what is moving outside of yourself. What one takes is their point of awareness and readiness, so letting go to accept them as they are, is often less sweaty and more fun too.

We cant accept what we are "not seeing/unaware" of more complete. Even awareness of an issue doesn't bring lasting change until one "gets it" more complete. Its a whole integrative process that I naturally accept in others because I accept my own process in opening deeper to notice more and build it as a way of living it deeper.

Yes sounds good nature, i was thinking there are so many positions and movements in this life to help anyone live in blindness tbh, i mean movements of the physical and the politic too, if you think about it. I remember speaking with this guy along while back now at a buddhist centre he said if he looked down from where he was he'd fall..maybe the trick is not to look down..but seriously you can look happy if you want lol..

I mean the simple madness of it all, politicians who are guardians of our laws etc. who make decisions in their own favours because they are invested in properties and capital etc. what a crazy world lol. So yes looking after oneself and treating those closest too you as you would like to be treated yourself is probably a good start and occasionally i attack people who treat me the way i would never treat them...lol. but there you go maybe it will help them wake up, who knows or maybe not. Actually i should really take a position of spiritual compassion within my own situation and i do. just not sure how often i live in it probably not enough. Sometimes we see our partners and wives and husbands as something other than spiritual souls, sometimes we dont even see them as such ? Society doesn't often carry this message so we have an excuse for ignorance i suppose.

What I'm driving at is the notion of being a householder or husband etc. in the 21st century as opposed to being a monk etc. So yes seeing the members of your family as spiritual beings could bring about detachment and understanding. I know it sounds obvious but its not. It may take away the guilt which comes from a false responsibility..that a child or spouse has her own spiritual destiny although they are intricately linked into you at this moment in time which can be a great joy and spiritual insight but also can be a heavy burden. Some Food for thought on this Easter Sunday Morning !

Happy Easter :hug: