Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   How does an old soul live in this world? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=121151)

wanchain 05-03-2018 05:50 PM

How does an old soul live in this world?

Hi all,

I am trying to collect ideas on how an old soul can survive in this world. If you have ideas on how to manage in the corporate world, that would be even better. But would be nice to also know if an old soul can thrive in this world.

Thanks.

Wanchain

iamthat 05-03-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanchain
Hi all,

I am trying to collect ideas on how an old soul can survive in this world.

Detachment and a clear perspective. A sense of humour also helps.

Quote:

If you have ideas on how to manage in the corporate world, that would be even better.

The corporate world is a game. We play a role, knowing it is all just a game. We do what we have to do, staying true to ourselves, treating our colleagues honourably, enjoying the challenges and the rewards, accepting the failures, and always knowing that we can walk away from it whenever we want.

Quote:

But would be nice to also know if an old soul can thrive in this world.

Indeed, old souls can survive and thrive. We are old souls because we have played this game many many times. So we look within for our fulfilment, while still doing whatever presents itself to be done.

Peace.

OnAPath 05-03-2018 07:09 PM

It's like and experienced chess player against a rookie. You see the moves, but you play the game anyway. Sometimes they will surprise you! Even in the corporate world, it's the same games. The maneuvering, posturing, playing nice with others. The only difference between us and them, is that we know it's a game.

iamthat 05-03-2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Hi all,

I am trying to collect ideas on how an old soul can survive in this world.

I forgot to mention compassion for our own weaknesses and the limitations of others.

Peace.

OEN34 05-03-2018 08:54 PM

Quote:

If you have ideas on how to manage in the corporate world

IME, the more your self-actualisation path grows, the more your soul wants to be as free as possible, which includes changes in a career. Happened to me and many others. It's not even a case of stomping your feet and declaring ''I refuse to do this anymore!'' - it's deeper than that; there's a knowing - an overpowering feeling - that this path isn't in your souls purpose. This feeling never lies.

inavalan 05-03-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Hi all,

I am trying to collect ideas on how an old soul can survive in this world. If you have ideas on how to manage in the corporate world, that would be even better. But would be nice to also know if an old soul can thrive in this world.

Thanks.

Wanchain

How do you know you're an "old soul"?

OEN34 05-03-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnAPath
The only difference between us and them, is that we know it's a game.

I really like this bit. For many, it's more energising and empowering to end the game and still know you've won :smile:

FallingLeaves 05-03-2018 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OEN34
I really like this bit. For many, it's more energising and empowering to end the game and still know you've won :smile:

any more winning is a bit much. I'd rather lose :smile:

wanchain 06-03-2018 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OEN34
IME, the more your self-actualisation path grows, the more your soul wants to be as free as possible, which includes changes in a career. Happened to me and many others. It's not even a case of stomping your feet and declaring ''I refuse to do this anymore!'' - it's deeper than that; there's a knowing - an overpowering feeling - that this path isn't in your souls purpose. This feeling never lies.

I would like to know more about the career change, because I have been questioning myself about my relationship with my job for at least two years. I have no more inner strength to do this anymore, but I kind of push myself, one day at a time, to continue this "game" thinking that perhaps I am just stressed or unhappy with work, and that it will pass, but it doesn't, and I am not sure if I am just trying to escape reality or what.

I don't like or hate my job. Just neutral.

I have asked myself, if I quit, then what do I want to do? My answer has always been "nothing."

wanchain 06-03-2018 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inavalan
How do you know you're an "old soul"?

I think the easiest way to determine soul age is to ask people. :P There's a soul reader here. Also, some intuitive readers can read that too.