Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Healing (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   lack of motivation in life (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=47683)

miichelle 19-02-2013 08:41 PM

lack of motivation in life

I've been thru a rough stage in life lately and really just been questioning who I am and what life is about.. It has really drained me out to the point that I have no motivation in life anymore. Its like I have no direction and don't know where I'm heading which leaves me living in constant fear all the time. What should I do?

becomingkate 19-02-2013 09:00 PM

Whenever this happens to me, I go in search of positive energy. I usually try to stop focusing on my own life and start looking around to see if there's anyone I can help, because that will bring me positive energy.

The other day I was in such a mood and was so stressed about being unemployed! I was running errands with my daughter. While driving, I saw an elderly woman fall on the icy street, so I pulled over to see if she was okay and offered her a ride.

After we dropped her off, my mood completely changed. I felt so good that I was there and was able to help, and the next day I got word that I got the job interview I wanted. Then a second job interview came along, and an opportunity to make some cash. I could be wrong, but I really think it's because I paid it forward and that positivity came back to me.

At the very least, helping someone else could put you on the right path to discovering who you are and what you want out of life. Good luck!

miichelle 19-02-2013 09:15 PM

Wow that is such an amazing touching story thank you so much :)

amy green 19-02-2013 09:50 PM

becomingkate - that is a wonderful solution and a lovely post.

I believe the act of giving nourishes our soul and that it also helps rebalance perspective. Thank you for sharing this. :smile:

Gem 21-02-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miichelle
I've been thru a rough stage in life lately and really just been questioning who I am and what life is about.. It has really drained me out to the point that I have no motivation in life anymore. Its like I have no direction and don't know where I'm heading which leaves me living in constant fear all the time. What should I do?

Yea, life can be rough, confusing and draining and we can feel like we have no direction, then how to motivate if there's no direction?

becomingkate 22-02-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Wow that is such an amazing touching story thank you so much :)

You're welcome Miichelle! Sometimes I volunteer, and during the holidays we try to sponsor a few families that need things for their children; this past year was tight but because my daughter works in retail, we were still able to help out two families!

The positive energy we get from this is amazing, and we meet some really nice people. I hope you're feeling better soon. *hugs*

ZenGuruPaul 25-02-2013 08:36 PM

To find motivation, first get healthy, then seek wealth. Or if you can try to do them both at the same time right now.

I will tell you those two things totally changed my life. I went from smoking weed every day being depressed with no job, then I quit weed, started to eat healthier, exercise, and started working, then all of a sudden I was no longer depressed and my motivation to live is through the roof now!

Make health your hobby, and do your best to be as healthy as you can be. And find a passion you want to work in.

Starting your own business is a great way to find motivation and wealth as well.

Hope this helps!

IsleWalker 25-02-2013 09:19 PM

Miichelle--

It's odd you posted on motivation today because I was almost going to post about it, although it may not be exactly what you are going through. But it may be of help even so.

I am essentially retired (although I'd rather not be) and just finished a long period without enough energy to get out of bed (4 yrs). But that is over and now it is a constant challenge to feel motivated about anything, to get myself up and out to do things.

And there are always things I could do. If I think of the lists I have in my head, I get overwhelmed.

So I started my One Thing campaign. Each day I just think of one thing I (a) want to do and (b) would enjoy doing. That's all I ask of myself for that day--One Thing.

When I think of it in terms of "What would I enjoy doing right now? What do I feel like doing right now?" --it's a bit easier. Some days it can be going outside to sit in the sun and read. Believe it or not, when I'm in the overwhelmed mood, I don't even do that when it would do me much good.

What usually happens is I do more than the One Thing in the process because it energizes me. I try not to get too much in the this leads to this, leads to that, etc. But it is good because my One Thing ends up making feel not like a failure, like I've done something and something I enjoy.

You sound like you are more in the "Waiting for life to show you your next direction" phase. Sometimes that can't be rushed.

But if One Thing helps you get through this time, it might help pass the time while you wait for your insides to figure out what you will be truly excited by doing.

Good luck.

Lora

knightofalbion 25-02-2013 10:22 PM

Let Service be your motivation...

Tobi 26-02-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Maybe you are feeling a little bit exhausted still, and it has resulted in mild depression.
The sense of fear might be more a kind of anxiety about a sensation of being "trapped" in an essentially immobile state.
I would definitely recommend good deep, decent sleep. Healthy food, at least 50% fruit and fresh vegetables. Plenty of deep breathing and aerobic exercise in the outdoors, in Nature. Green walks, nice long ones. It's quite amazing how regenerating they can be for mind, body and Soul.
Strangely enough that might be all you need....it's amazing how, when energy starts to circulate again in a positive way, ideas will come to you, and any talents or interests you have/had will re-surface, and you may just find yourself doing them. And one thing always leads to another.
Re-charge first. Hope you are feeling better soon.