Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Religion (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Learning to worship the universal I AM. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=122384)

Honza 01-05-2018 04:22 PM

Learning to worship the universal I AM.

It's important. People on the whole have a terrible relationship with their own selves. Me too. I'm learning that it's unhealthy not to respect the universal I AM.

I have a very healthy respect for God, but when it comes to me I fall flat. As I say it's important to learn.

Rah nam 01-05-2018 11:15 PM

Worship of any kind will keep you imprisoned.

sky 02-05-2018 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
It's important. People on the whole have a terrible relationship with their own selves. Me too. I'm learning that it's unhealthy not to respect the universal I AM.

I have a very healthy respect for God, but when it comes to me I fall flat. As I say it's important to learn.

To worship you separate, one is higher than the other and you blindly accept this, no questions asked.

Honza 02-05-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rah nam
Worship of any kind will keep you imprisoned.

The notion was that 'love sets you free'. Replace the word worship with love.

Honza 02-05-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
To worship you separate, one is higher than the other and you blindly accept this, no questions asked.

Replace the word worship with love - there is not much difference between the two IMO.

sky 02-05-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
Replace the word worship with love - there is not much difference between the two IMO.

For me there is a big difference, I love animals infact all sentient beings but I worship nobody.
To worship is to put someone on a higher level than others, seperating into categories, everyone is equal in my opinion.

Eelco 02-05-2018 11:18 AM

Worship for me anyway allows me to connect with feelings of divinity and devotion. Those connections are worth the illusion of putting people on pedestals.

There's not necessarily inequality in that relationship.
If a guru/Disciple relationship id off putting somehow, some of the Hindu deities or ancient enlightened human beings can be used as objects of worship.

With Love
Eelco

sky 02-05-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eelco
Worship for me anyway allows me to connect with feelings of divinity and devotion. Those connections are worth the illusion of putting people on pedestals.

There's not necessarily inequality in that relationship.
If a guru/Disciple relationship id off putting somehow, some of the Hindu deities or ancient enlightened human beings can be used as objects of worship.

With Love
Eelco

If worship works for you then it's good :smile:

Eelco 02-05-2018 01:20 PM

It is. It's funny but I forgot how deep worship seems to enlighten parts of myself I yearn for. It happened years ago when I found my guru. I forgot and it took me 23 years to connect with her again only a few weeks ago. I felt this deep all pervading love again. Making worship part of my sadhana again.

It is wonderful.

With Love
Eelco

sky 02-05-2018 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eelco
It is. It's funny but I forgot how deep worship seems to enlighten parts of myself I yearn for. It happened years ago when I found my guru. I forgot and it took me 23 years to connect with her again only a few weeks ago. I felt this deep all pervading love again. Making worship part of my sadhana again.

It is wonderful.

With Love
Eelco

It's nice to hear something wonderful came out of your disappointment at missing the retreat :smile:

When one door closes another opens.