Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Electronic Communication (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Spirit/Ghost Box? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=86547)

LavenderMoon 31-05-2015 06:46 AM

Spirit/Ghost Box?

Hello all, :)

I'm seeking an opinion or two on buying a spirit/ghost box... are they worth the extra dollar? Very interested in buying the P-SB7 off of a friend; I'm semi-serious about investigation, and for years have been using my trusty little EVP recorder.

Thank you!

Shrek 31-05-2015 07:46 AM

For our own hobby, everything is worth. I mean as long as that good one.
Some people spent dollar for games, clothes and so on.

but, what is Spirit/ghost box?

dream jo 13-06-2015 08:51 PM

hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by LavenderMoon
Hello all, :)

I'm seeking an opinion or two on buying a spirit/ghost box... are they worth the extra dollar? Very interested in buying the P-SB7 off of a friend; I'm semi-serious about investigation, and for years have been using my trusty little EVP recorder.

Thank you!

do it u dnt no wot u get tillll i try itt

CandyLight 14-06-2015 04:28 PM

Those things are EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. I would not touch one.

Spirit Seeker 15-06-2015 06:11 PM

Only dangerous in the hands of somebody who has poor / bad intent.

I have been investigating for years and I have a P-SB7 and our group uses them and nobody has ever been attacked or run over by a negative energy for using one. Been using it ever since its release and before that a couple of versions of radio hacks.

Now I have been scratched, touched, poked, had energy drained, headaches and all the othere negative issues with investigating, but that comes with the territory of investigating and is not exclusive to using a Spirit/Ghost Box.

If you are using one at home and attempting to summon in negative entities or things or doing it without taking some basic precautions (asking for protection from bad things, asking that only spirits with good intent come through) then you could be asking for trouble.

Watch the Youtube videos of those that use the spirit boxes and see what they do and you will have a good template of what to do and what not to do.

Shivani Devi 12-11-2015 06:08 AM

I'm happy to be on a forum actually discussing these things, instead of continually trying to debunk them.

I don't think the Spirit Box is dangerous whatsoever, and here's why.

Think of the Spirit Box as an internet chat room, forum or any kind of social media.

Spirits tend to be more 'anonymous' than humans could ever be on the internet.

So, we go back to the idea of a chatroom or facebook etc.

If you consider that spirits were once human, they'll still carry around with them all their little 'human eccentricities' and just like there are 'trolls' on message boards and facebook, there are also 'trolls' on the Spirit Box.

I have had them come through and tell me they are 'demons' or 'Satan' or 'evil' (I don't know if that's just a 'self admission') and they all swear like a drunken sailor.

Anyway, I don't need to call down my guides or angels...I simply tell them to just cut through all the bull and talk to me, because I am way more curious than scared of them.

After that, I never seem to have any problems whatsoever.

I go into haunted locations with a 'go on then, scratch me, poke me, drain my energy...bring it on' attitude.

Suffice to say, I have never had an experience of any kind relating to this.

These spirits aren't really dangerous (well, the ones I talk to are not anyway)...they are more mischievous and annoying than anything else. lol

They are friendly overall, despite having a huge chip on their shoulder, but I guess 'being dead' will tend to do that.

Spirit Boxes are only 'extremely dangerous' if you go into it with any sort of fear or negative emotion....if you go into it with 'scientific curiosity', then it should all be good.

DaiBach 12-11-2015 07:27 AM

Spirit boxes are dangerous - to your bank account. Design and make your own out of scraps, and you'll save a fortune. A local lady who is interested in ghosts, got her husband to make one out of parts of an old radio, and a biscuit box. It doesn't look as good as a professional Ghost Box, but it's cheap, uses materials that would otherwise go to landfill, and works as well as a bought box.

She's now thinking of fitting a cone-shaped, orange-coloured indicator from a Moggie Thousand. When her box discovers a wraith, the box will buzz and the indicator will blink rapidly - very Doctor Who, and most impressive for her audience, especially when she investigates the public bar of 'The King Arthur'.

Shivani Devi 12-11-2015 07:53 AM

Making your own box is totally awesome! and I wish I had the expertise and skill with a soldering iron to do it.

If I made my own, I'd build it along the lines of a Raudive germanium diode box.

I just bought my spirit box for convenience and $70AUD gave me some fun 'entertainment' for a few months now, so I'd say that was money well spent imho.

However, I have also studied all of Frank Sumpton's designs...and one day, I may either pick up or build an Andy's Box when I get more electronically minded.

There's a video on Youtube (I cannot make a link yet) but it's by Kieth Weldon at Chillseekers...

He gets an old Sony Walkman he paid like $10 for, and with the use of a small clamp attached to the tuning mechanism, showed how it can exactly sweep through like a Spirit Box and get exactly the same responses!

I had to laugh...when he did this and got 'who ya gonna call'? from Ghostbusters. lolz

falcor 06-01-2016 06:53 AM

i wanna get a shackhack. currently working on a portal, its half built. Been having lots of fun with the echovox. And i do get lots of responses sometimes.

You can buy the sab-55 on ebay for like 20$. Seems about the easiest and cheapest hack i can find. I have yet to buy it thou

Shivani Devi 08-01-2016 07:27 AM

A "Shack Hack" is really easy to make!

All you need to do is to adjust the screw on top of the 'mute switch' attached to the tuning mechanism on any scanning Radio Shack radio. ;)

I've seen Steve Huff use a portal, but I remain unimpressed, really. I don't know why it is, but if reverb or echo is added to a response, I have more trouble hearing it instead of less trouble, as others seem to have.

I just use a P-SB7 Spirit Box and an Ovilus (app on my PC), but I'd like to get an Andy's Box, as mentioned before.

It's nice to have fellow ghost box users post on here. I feel less isolated and alone when I read them.