Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Paganism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   I feel like praying!!! (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=131664)

Antikai 05-10-2019 12:32 PM

I feel like praying!!!

A friend of mine who is a pagan once said to me, "I sometimes do feel like praying."

I believe that many pagans have this feeling from time to time.
My question, why do they get this feelings?:rolleyes:

Honza 05-10-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antikai
A friend of mine who is a pagan once said to me, "I sometimes do feel like praying."

I believe that many pagans have this feeling from time to time.
My question, why do they get this feelings?:rolleyes:

Maybe because they are curious about the "One God". Maybe because they are curious about who Jesus was.

My personal experience is that there is a lot of holiness associated with Yahweh/Jehovah and Jesus.

People cannot help but be interested.

55Degrees 05-10-2019 03:48 PM

You'd be surprised at how many pagans do actually pray (pagan prayer beads are a 'thing').
Some pray to deities they are drawn to or nature/animal spirits and also during ancestral work, offering prayers to ancestors.

JosephineB 05-10-2019 03:57 PM

This is what happens when people restrict themselves to a certain religion/set of rules. Follow what feels right within yourself forget the dogma.

ImthatIm 06-10-2019 12:26 PM

Maybe the whole "Life" thing is about relationship.

To have a relationship you should communicate AKA praying.

Also there are many forms of prayer.

EbonyDoe 25-01-2020 08:25 AM

Usually when I pray it's for guidance, calmness, patience, or just to communicate with my deities

Altair 25-01-2020 08:59 AM

Although most of 'paganism' tends to be more ritualistic there's nothing saying you can't pray or that prayer is never there.
Prayer is not exclusive to monotheism. If you wanna pray then pray!!

Bruce 25-01-2020 10:08 AM

What is Prayer?

Something I heard many moons ago is that praying is talking to God, meditating is listening.

As a Druid / Christian / Pagan / Buddhist who worships Odin among many others. I appreciate all life force streams and try to open lines of communication with any life force stream that wants to communicate with me.

sky 25-01-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce
Something I heard many moons ago is that praying is talking to God, meditating is listening.

As a Druid / Christian / Pagan / Buddhist who worships Odin among many others. I appreciate all life force streams and try to open lines of communication with any life force stream that wants to communicate with me.

Buddhist and Christians do not worship Odin....

Altair 26-01-2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Buddhist and Christians do not worship Odin....

And why not...?

Early Christianity in Scandinavia as well as England mixed with, and lived alongside, 'pagan' beliefs. Some people may have used a prayer to the Biblical God alongside paying respect to Freya or Odin. Similarly, some Buddhists in Asia worship gods or goddesses. There's nothing stopping a European Buddhist (or anywhere else) to worship Odin along practising Buddhist teachings. It might go against any sort of purist attitude of other practitioners but on an individual level it should not matter.