Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   I don't know what to believe in anymore... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132359)

GoldenEmbers 09-11-2019 01:59 AM

I don't know what to believe in anymore...

Hello,
I am in a great state of confusion and I am very unsure of what to believe in.
In childhood, I believed in Jesus and I had even saw him as my own father.

There were so many Ideas that turned me away from religion. One being, that anyone who committed any sin of any sort, would be cast into hell. This one was the driving motivation of my fear at that time. I was only 12 and really scared of going to hell!

Another idea that had turned me away from religion was the idea that, as a christian, you would have to spread the word to others. I was very shy and found this to be too "preachy", though If you did not even do this, you would go to hell because the person, (if they passed away) would have their blood on your hands and that especially scared me.

Over all, I think I found all of this to be way too much work. To fully know jesus, you would have to repent every one of your sins and be an avid christian. I found that extremely daunting.

Recently, I have come across videos that say, psychics, loa and the entire idea of spiritual practice is all demonic. Of course, this scares the **** outta me! I guess I just got curious and fell down the rabbit hole with such videos.

One that really changed my point of view was Doreen Virtue's conversion from spirituality to religion. It really caused me to think about things and Alot!

A few days ago, I was in meditation (i might have fell asleep partially) and asked my guides if they were there and these really creepy, demonic voices responded. "Yes, we're here!" It could have been a dream, but man, did that scare the **** out of me!!!

It made me rethink this whole spiritual thing. It terrifies me to think that our spirit guides are actually demons in disguise and trying to decieve us. (at least that's what i think at the moment.) It just makes me wonder if psychics are even real. I don't know, are the beings that they are talking with demons or are they actually people who have passed on??? I'm so sorry, I'm just really afraid and confused.

Another question I have is, why do so many people report having ndes that involve hell? A lot of psychics and spiritual people don't believe in hell, but if so, then why are there so many people with near death experiences that report hell? Is hell really just a place of our own energy at the time of death. (hence, do we create it through manifestation?) I'm just really scared.

I hope someone could help me to understand this. I'm sorry, I don't mean to challenge anyone's beliefs, but my own. I guess what I'm searching for is clarity.

BigJohn 09-11-2019 03:03 PM

WOW, WHAT A POST!

What helps me is trying to get a good, historical on such subjects as you have mentioned.

For example:

When did Hell first appear in the Bible? Did various translations promote the Hell people are familiar with?

One I found interesting is when Guides were first introduced into historical writings? Why are Guides not found in older writings?

What was the catalyst that caused Doreen Virtue to change?

When did Angels first appear in the Bible? Why is it the Hebrew word commonly used for Angels,not always translated in some translations, not as Angels but by different words?

and the list goes on and on......

GoldenEmbers 09-11-2019 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
WOW, WHAT A POST!

What helps me is trying to get a good, historical on such subjects as you have mentioned.

For example:

When did Hell first appear in the Bible? Did various translations promote the Hell people are familiar with?

One I found interesting is when Guides were first introduced into historical writings? Why are Guides not found in older writings?

What was the catalyst that caused Doreen Virtue to change?

When did Angels first appear in the Bible? Why is it the Hebrew word commonly used for Angels,not always translated in some translations, not as Angels but by different words?

and the list goes on and on......

You made me rethink things A bit. Those are the questions I should really be asking first.

enaid 09-11-2019 04:16 PM

I feel bad about those who’ve been fed abusive ideation about hell, punishment, etc. That kind of indictrination can really spoil a potentially profound and miraculous experience of the spirit and it’s ongoing role as our ‘enlightener’.

I consider myself a Christian even though I dont go to church, do not believe in hell or punishment and am fiercely against proselytizing (spreading the word).

I’ve never repented my sins; I’ve only felt remorse for various things I did that hurt myself. Never felt particularly bad about things I did to other people although I kind of wish I hadn’t, and could claim a clean record in this regard.

I don’t think I’m a religious person at all and I certainly don’t conform to the ‘profile’ of one.

I pick and choose what to believe in and that I consider to be the way of a mature person.

I think you’re very impressionable and tend to believe damaging things that you read; and I also think that is the way you’re meant to be at this time and that it will lead eventually to something very fruitful for you. This is the path you’re on and best of luck to you while searching for answers.

GoldenEmbers 09-11-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaid
I feel bad about those who’ve been fed abusive ideation about hell, punishment, etc. That kind of indictrination can really spoil a potentially profound and miraculous experience of the spirit and it’s ongoing role as our ‘enlightener’.

I consider myself a Christian even though I dont go to church, do not believe in hell or punishment and am fiercely against proselytizing (spreading the word).

I’ve never repented my sins; I’ve only felt remorse for various things I did that hurt myself. Never felt particularly bad about things I did to other people although I kind of wish I hadn’t, and could claim a clean record in this regard.

I don’t think I’m a religious person at all and I certainly don’t conform to the ‘profile’ of one.

I pick and choose what to believe in and that I consider to be the way of a mature person.

I think you’re very impressionable and tend to believe damaging things that you read; and I also think that is the way you’re meant to be at this time and that it will lead eventually to something very fruitful for you. This is the path you’re on and best of luck to you while searching for answers.

Thank you! I hope to find the answers and I hope that It will benefit me.

GoldenEmbers 09-11-2019 08:21 PM

Wow, I just realized something, my title changed to knower. Isn't that Ironic?

BigJohn 10-11-2019 01:51 AM

I like to do research on various subjects.

What I find is the Bible does not necessary say what people say it says.

For example: virtually all Bibles say Moses wrote Genesis but the Bible does not say that. When I look at Genesis in Hebrew, I see many authors writing. Each has their own style of writing and peculiar language that identifies each group. To me, Genesis seems to have been written when the Jews were in captivity in Babylon. The Babylon Talmud was written in this time period. Noting that I suspect Genesis was a style of writing that later evolved into the style the talmud is written. If that is true, then Genesis is a book of opinions which makes sense.

soulforce 10-11-2019 03:36 AM

Hey there GE,

you've asked a few thought provoking questions. If you continue to seek the answers they will come and you will see you have nothing to worry about.

Quote:

Being confused is okay. It's okay not to have all the answers, because you're growing and still maturing physically as well as emotionally. There is no rush to find out what happens on the other side. The main thing that's important is that your curiosity grows stronger every day.

If Jesus is your father that's great! Don't let others define what your father means to you. Ask the father to reveal himself to you and let his light shine on you. :smile:

Quote:

There were so many Ideas that turned me away from religion. One being, that anyone who committed any sin of any sort, would be cast into hell. This one was the driving motivation of my fear at that time. I was only 12 and really scared of going to hell!

Your inner voice is saying something is wrong with this "truth". This "truth" is not the home that you remember, and what you remember conflicts with what your experiences has been so far in religion (Christianity). However remember that you're loved and will always be loved by God no matter what religion you choose to follow. It's all for you because God lives in you. So listen to his voice.

Quote:

Another idea that had turned me away from religion was the idea that, as a christian, you would have to spread the word to others. I was very shy and found this to be too "preachy", though If you did not even do this, you would go to hell because the person, (if they passed away) would have their blood on your hands and that especially scared me.

I did a mission trip once in Japan. And I learned that the most Godly type of Evangelism is showing your love to others. Love dear GoldenEmbers needs no words. It's an action that invokes a feeling of belonging in others. Why is that so complicated? Because unconditional love is so rare humans have made it their mission to build a stairway to heaven when in fact heaven is a place they've never left.

Quote:

Over all, I think I found all of this to be way too much work. To fully know jesus, you would have to repent every one of your sins and be an avid christian. I found that extremely daunting.

It's okay to feel that way, but whether or not you think you know Jesus, Jesus knows you.

Let me ask you this question. What language do we speak in heaven? If the body is made of flesh and bone, and you move on in spirit, what's the need for a human language? So by through each other's mind we communicate with each another. And that kind of communication is instantaneous.

So repentance, let's talk about repentance. What is it really? It's knowing did something wrong and you feel a sense of shame/sorrow over it. That's the only kind of repentance that matters to the soul. When you know that you did wrong and you wish you hadn't I tell you the truth you've already repented.

God does not need you to speak in the language of a human being and say that you're sorry "please forgive me". Your heart has already done that for you. God needs no time to hear your prayer he has heard it the moment you thought it. The very instant you cried out "PLEASE FORGIVE ME!", it has been forgiven before the moment the first sound has left your lips. :hug3:

Quote:

Recently, I have come across videos that say, psychics, loa and the entire idea of spiritual practice is all demonic. Of course, this scares the **** outta me! I guess I just got curious and fell down the rabbit hole with such videos.

It's human nature to fear what we don't understand. When some one talks about conditional love, we all know it and left it up as truth. But the minute some one exemplifies unconditional love, then it's the uncanny valley (an unsettling feeling when some one does not know if it's human or not.

A psychic is nothing more than just an interpreter or medium between the spiritual world and ours. However you are totally capable of connecting with your loved ones without the need of a medium. When you pray to God, you're listening for an answer are you not? If you hear one than you are a medium the same way that mediums are when they connect with your loved ones on the other side.

Quote:

A few days ago, I was in meditation (i might have fell asleep partially) and asked my guides if they were there and these really creepy, demonic voices responded. "Yes, we're here!" It could have been a dream, but man, did that scare the **** out of me!!!

Remember the uncanny valley feeling I was talking about. Your brain is trying to translate what it's sensing and it might come across as very strange. Hence we label it demonic. However people who have never heard before hear voices in a strange way until their brain has time to adjust to that frequency.
It's the same with spirituality. BUT, your guides, your true guides won't ever try and scare you. It could be possibly that you picked up the signature of other spirits around you. And they were just playing with you. Don't fear them, they cannot hurt you because your guardian spirit and higher self is will never leave you.

Quote:

It made me rethink this whole spiritual thing. It terrifies me to think that our spirit guides are actually demons in disguise and trying to decieve us. (at least that's what i think at the moment.) It just makes me wonder if psychics are even real. I don't know, are the beings that they are talking with demons or are they actually people who have passed on??? I'm so sorry, I'm just really afraid and confused.

Hahaha no. Your spirit guides aren't demons, and I personally don't believe in such things that religion teaches, because the notion a being exists purely for the pleasure of negativity ignores the natural duality of the universe. Where there is darkness their is light, and where there is light there is darkness. They are the same because we are all connected.

Quote:

Another question I have is, why do so many people report having ndes that involve hell? A lot of psychics and spiritual people don't believe in hell, but if so, then why are there so many people with near death experiences that report hell? Is hell really just a place of our own energy at the time of death. (hence, do we create it through manifestation?) I'm just really scared.

Actually very few people who report NDE's experience a hellish one. Normally they always experience a positive or neutral outcome even if the NDE starts out negatively.

The reason why some people report a hellish NDE has more to do with their need to experience darkness so they can understand that there is light. Remember light and darkness are two sides of the same coin.

Do not worry though, we experience hardships so that we can learn and grow in the light. When you were small your parents must have said no to you once in awhile. When they said no you felt rejected and pain, and you cried, but as you grew older you came to understand that it was for your benefit and you grew to have a greater appreciation for the thing you couldn't have. Love is the same way. Some of us experience a lot of hardship so we understand more what love is by knowing what it's not.

God Bless

sf

inavalan 10-11-2019 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenEmbers
Hello,

One that really changed my point of view was Doreen Virtue's conversion from spirituality to religion. It really caused me to think about things and Alot!

I hope someone could help me to understand this. I'm sorry, I don't mean to challenge anyone's beliefs, but my own. I guess what I'm searching for is clarity.

You may receive a lot of advice ... which to believe? Truth isn't decided by majority. The only exit from this dilemma I know, is to get in touch with your inner knowledge for guidance. The more you do it, the better you get at it. Surely, you have to leave behind all your existing beliefs, and not to distort the messages you receive.

There are no demons other than the ones you create yourself through your beliefs and expectations. There aren't many who NDE and report hellish experiences. I believe you're misinformed about that.

One of the main reasons you're here, alive, now, is to learn to not be afraid, as you can't function in the afterlife as long as you're afraid. Over there (as well as over here) your fear creates nightmarish situations. They won't do anything to your soul, but you won't be able to function over-there.

GoldenEmbers 12-11-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulforce
Hey there GE,

you've asked a few thought provoking questions. If you continue to seek the answers they will come and you will see you have nothing to worry about.

Being confused is okay. It's okay not to have all the answers, because you're growing and still maturing physically as well as emotionally. There is no rush to find out what happens on the other side. The main thing that's important is that your curiosity grows stronger every day.

If Jesus is your father that's great! Don't let others define what your father means to you. Ask the father to reveal himself to you and let his light shine on you. :smile:

Your inner voice is saying something is wrong with this "truth". This "truth" is not the home that you remember, and what you remember conflicts with what your experiences has been so far in religion (Christianity). However remember that you're loved and will always be loved by God no matter what religion you choose to follow. It's all for you because God lives in you. So listen to his voice.

I did a mission trip once in Japan. And I learned that the most Godly type of Evangelism is showing your love to others. Love dear GoldenEmbers needs no words. It's an action that invokes a feeling of belonging in others. Why is that so complicated? Because unconditional love is so rare humans have made it their mission to build a stairway to heaven when in fact heaven is a place they've never left.

It's okay to feel that way, but whether or not you think you know Jesus, Jesus knows you.

Let me ask you this question. What language do we speak in heaven? If the body is made of flesh and bone, and you move on in spirit, what's the need for a human language? So by through each other's mind we communicate with each another. And that kind of communication is instantaneous.

So repentance, let's talk about repentance. What is it really? It's knowing did something wrong and you feel a sense of shame/sorrow over it. That's the only kind of repentance that matters to the soul. When you know that you did wrong and you wish you hadn't I tell you the truth you've already repented.

God does not need you to speak in the language of a human being and say that you're sorry "please forgive me". Your heart has already done that for you. God needs no time to hear your prayer he has heard it the moment you thought it. The very instant you cried out "PLEASE FORGIVE ME!", it has been forgiven before the moment the first sound has left your lips. :hug3:

It's human nature to fear what we don't understand. When some one talks about conditional love, we all know it and left it up as truth. But the minute some one exemplifies unconditional love, then it's the uncanny valley (an unsettling feeling when some one does not know if it's human or not.

A psychic is nothing more than just an interpreter or medium between the spiritual world and ours. However you are totally capable of connecting with your loved ones without the need of a medium. When you pray to God, you're listening for an answer are you not? If you hear one than you are a medium the same way that mediums are when they connect with your loved ones on the other side.

Remember the uncanny valley feeling I was talking about. Your brain is trying to translate what it's sensing and it might come across as very strange. Hence we label it demonic. However people who have never heard before hear voices in a strange way until their brain has time to adjust to that frequency.
It's the same with spirituality. BUT, your guides, your true guides won't ever try and scare you. It could be possibly that you picked up the signature of other spirits around you. And they were just playing with you. Don't fear them, they cannot hurt you because your guardian spirit and higher self is will never leave you.

Hahaha no. Your spirit guides aren't demons, and I personally don't believe in such things that religion teaches, because the notion a being exists purely for the pleasure of negativity ignores the natural duality of the universe. Where there is darkness their is light, and where there is light there is darkness. They are the same because we are all connected.

Actually very few people who report NDE's experience a hellish one. Normally they always experience a positive or neutral outcome even if the NDE starts out negatively.

The reason why some people report a hellish NDE has more to do with their need to experience darkness so they can understand that there is light. Remember light and darkness are two sides of the same coin.

Do not worry though, we experience hardships so that we can learn and grow in the light. When you were small your parents must have said no to you once in awhile. When they said no you felt rejected and pain, and you cried, but as you grew older you came to understand that it was for your benefit and you grew to have a greater appreciation for the thing you couldn't have. Love is the same way. Some of us experience a lot of hardship so we understand more what love is by knowing what it's not.

God Bless

sf

Thank you for clearing all that up. I was honestly very afraid and confused. Whenever I feel that way, I will always look back at this.

I think the idea of unconditional love is awesome! Especially the part about forgiveness. Honestly, Thank you very much!