Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   "my" truth! (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=81073)

Eskay 03-02-2015 07:14 PM

"my" truth!

I constantly hear people say all the time "your" truth or "my" God. I never understood that way of thinking. That is like my blood brother calling our mother, just "his" mom when we are conversing. It's both of our moms.

The truth was my whole driving force to figuring out this life. The truth started my awakening and keeps me here in the present. So my question is how can the truth be different to one person on "Earth" and not be the same for another person on "Earth"?

2+2=4 that's true everywhere you go, but if your "taught" its anything else does that make it false?

LadyMay 03-02-2015 08:48 PM

Truth is truth but there are as many ways of interpreting that truth as there are stars in the sky. Lol.

athribiristan 03-02-2015 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eskay
I constantly hear people say all the time "your" truth or "my" God. I never understood that way of thinking. That is like my blood brother calling our mother, just "his" mom when we are conversing. It's both of our moms.

The truth was my whole driving force to figuring out this life. The truth started my awakening and keeps me here in the present. So my question is how can the truth be different to one person on "Earth" and not be the same for another person on "Earth"?

2+2=4 that's true everywhere you go, but if your "taught" its anything else does that make it false?

It is an aspect of our creative nature. We literally create what we think. In that light, is one person's truth more valid than another's? If I create my truth and you create your truth then both are valid. Free will.

Molearner 03-02-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by athribiristan
It is an aspect of our creative nature. We literally create what we think. In that light, is one person's truth more valid than another's? If I create my truth and you create your truth then both are valid. Free will.

This is right. Also it should be pointed out that truth can come in many layers. A deeper truth discovered on the same matter does not necessarily invalidate a previous layer of truth. i.e. truth can both literal, metaphoric, allegorical, etc.

Mathew James 03-02-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

So my question is how can the truth be different to one person on "Earth" and not be the same for another person on "Earth"?

It is all falsehoods and vain imaginations, there is no truth on earth. We all exist in a temporary illusion. What we think is "our truth" is only "our vanity".

mj

skygazer 03-02-2015 11:22 PM

gee, I just explained this in another thread by you, Eskay.

BlueSky 04-02-2015 12:20 AM

Quote:

It's the nature of things. The truth is that truth has no boundaries, that you can never know more than that truth can't be known.

LadyMay 04-02-2015 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capacity
It's the nature of things. The truth is that truth has no boundaries, that you can never know more than that truth can't be known.

This pretty much sums it up.

Chr1stian 04-02-2015 12:42 AM

Knowing the truth is simple. Acting in accordance with truth is the difficult part.

Shaunc 04-02-2015 01:26 AM

There's a plum tree out the back of my place. It has some big branches and some small ones. When the sun comes up in the morning it's going to shine on all of them but they'll all see it differently. Some are on the east of the tree and some are on the west. Some are up high and some are down low, some are covered by other branches. They'll all get the same sun but every branch will see it slightly differently. I hope this helps you understand why people refer to their god individually.