Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Do All Insects Go To Heaven? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130152)

Found Goat 27-06-2019 11:29 PM

Do All Insects Go To Heaven?

Do all insects go to heaven? Or only the righteous ones?

In all seriousness, the question to be asked is: Why do humans love animals more than they do insects and bugs?

(Technically speaking, according to entomology, an insect can be classed as an animal, but for the sake of argument, the word animal is herein used as the majority of people think of it to mean.)

In my childhood, there were schoolmates of mine who kept insects as pets. (As a boy, I always wished I had a faun or satyr as an interspecies companion, but that is another story.)

I remember one lad bringing his pet centipede to school in a small plastic container, for show-and-tell, so proud of it he was, of this uncommon insectile find. The multi-legged critter had a name, of which I forget. The lad told the class about how this tiny creature was his best friend in the whole wide world and I often wonder whatever became of this person. I picture him all grown up now, with wife and kids and presumably long-forgotten memories of the centipede that at one time was the center of this man’s entire universe.

For some grown-ups the attachment to a canine or feline is considered by the society at large to be a perfectly normal relationship for an adult to have. No one would think of suggesting to a dog-owner that she be placed on pharmaceuticals or of having her involuntarily committed. Yet for a man or woman to instead find interspecific companionship in, say, an ant or a ladybug, this is often sufficient cause to elicit reactions of utter amazement or downright derision. The ant-owner’s maturity or sanity may even be questioned. Ought it to be?

No adult in his or her right mind would ever think of hitting an animal, and rightfully so. For me, as with the majority of individuals, the very thought is unthinkable. Yet the majority of us think nothing of squashing a spider or other creepy-crawly to its guts-splattering end. Why is that? Is it a question of size? Is it a matter of looks? Is it just because some insects are minuscule to us and as such we consider them to be insignificant in Creator’s eyes? For a lot of people, hexapods give them the shivers. They’re not cute and cuddly like kittens and puppies so they think nothing of taking a swatter to them. Some people take in stray cats, but should cucarachas make it inside, it’s call in the exterminator.

Do you really think that Creator views insects and bugs as being inferior to animals, just because of their appearance and size? If “All dogs go heaven,” as the New Agey expression goes, why is the pearly gates not also open to earwigs and mosquitos, as well? Is it just because humans regard the latter as pesty bloodsuckers and hence we haven’t dreamt up a place in heaven for them? There are no sprays on the market to ward of animals or to poison them to death and rightfully so, but there are insect-repellents and lethal sprays for a lot of bugs and insects of the world.

I’ve never forgotten one article I read in a magazine years back, having to do with eccentrics. The article related the experience of a man who regarded his conscience to be of above-average human range. He took to rebuking anyone he saw harming a bug or insect, viewing such ones to be on par with murderers. The fellow ended up passing away in an asylum. It was during his confinement as a bedlamite that one day he took a pair of scissors to his hair (this in itself was a surprising enough occurrence for the hospital staff, considering the restrictions of such instruments), cutting every last strand until he was shorn of follicles. No one had understood the reason the patient did this until an analyst at the institution uncovered the motive, which had to do with the patient’s wanting his hair removed so that during his nightly repose there would be less chance of his inadvertently smothering to death a louse. Was this guy crazy, or more spiritually evolved than the rest of his contemporaries?

We often hear of “animal heaven” and dogs and cats that are spirit guides. Just once I would like to hear of a near-death-experiencer encountering an insect in the Tunnel. I reunited with my long-lost honey, and she was no longer a woman but a bee!

Altair 28-06-2019 06:07 AM

Insects are animals! :smile:
I think it's great that you are concerned about insects. They're beautiful and very important. It's easier for humans to relate to cats and dogs because they are mammals and also play around and have personalities. But that doesn't mean insects are of no worth..

By the way, there are also sprays available to ward off other animals, such as beech martens. I use one myself on the car in winter. The martens may rest on the car engine and if they're young, bite cabals. The spray I use doesn't harm them, it just smells really bad and it drives them off. There are nearly always ethical solutions. People can also sleep under mosquito nets and put natural spray on skin.

I don't know about a ''heaven'' for insects. It might be hard to imagine ((and what would one remember of such a past life anyway?)) but it could be the case that we've all been insects..

sky 28-06-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altair
Insects are animals! :smile:
I think it's great that you are concerned about insects. They're beautiful and very important. It's easier for humans to relate to cats and dogs because they are mammals and also play around and have personalities. But that doesn't mean insects are of no worth..

By the way, there are also sprays available to ward off other animals, such as beech martens. I use one myself on the car in winter. The martens may rest on the car engine and if they're young, bite cabals. The spray I use doesn't harm them, it just smells really bad and it drives them off. There are nearly always ethical solutions. People can also sleep under mosquito nets and put natural spray on skin.

I don't know about a ''heaven'' for insects. It might be hard to imagine ((and what would one remember of such a past life anyway?)) but it could be the case that we've all been insects..

What a beautiful picture :smile:

ketzer 28-06-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Found Goat
Do all insects go to heaven? Or only the righteous ones?

[/i]

No, not all. I think the mosquitoes all go to hell. But that is OK because they like it there. Lots of sinners down there and they are allowed to suck as much blood and make them as eternally itchy as their buzzy little dark hearts desire.
Lots of german yellow jackets down there as well. In fact, have you ever noticed that the yellow jackets come flying out of little holes in the ground......just sayin, think about it.

But more seriously, no things "go to heaven" unless you want them "there". I will take the dogs and cats, but the mosquitoes and yellowjackets can all go to hell. Well ok, perhaps I will need some pollinators there, but they are not allowed to bite me, buzz in my ear, crawl around in my hair, or fly up my nose. And that last one goes for pretty much anything, not just insects. The dragonflies are welcome (in my heaven, but not up my nose), however, they are not allowed to sew my eyes shut. I have a few more rules but I won't go into them now.

inavalan 28-06-2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ketzer
No, not all. I think the mosquitoes all go to hell. But that is OK because they like it there. Lots of sinners down there and they are allowed to suck as much blood and make them as eternally itchy as their buzzy dark little hearts desire.
Lots of german yellow jackets down there as well.

But more seriously, no things "go to heaven" unless you want them there. I will take the dogs and cats and the mosquitoes and yellowjackets can all go to hell. Well ok, perhaps I will need some pollinators there, but they are not allowed to bite me, buzz in my ear, crawl around in my hair, or fly up my nose. And the dragonflies are welcome, but the are not allowed to sew my eyes shut.

One's hell is another's heaven ...

Your "I will take the dogs and cats and the mosquitoes and yellow jackets can all go to hell" sounds intriguing. Maybe you missed some commas (?)

ketzer 28-06-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inavalan
One's hell is another's heaven ...

Your "I will take the dogs and cats and the mosquitoes and yellow jackets can all go to hell" sounds intriguing. Maybe you missed some commas (?)

Good point. I think I fixed it. One should be careful with punctuation when designing one's heaven or it could very well end up as a hell!

Let's eat, Ketzer.
Let's eat Ketzer.

One little mistake and suddenly one is lunch.

carebear 29-06-2019 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altair

I love your last sentence. i never looked at it that way. thanks for the new perspective.

Found Goat 29-06-2019 01:04 PM

Insects existed on Earth long before humans came along. Thus, it could be said that this is much their planet as ours.

Aside from their six or more legs, they have hearts just like us, as well as digestive and reproductive systems. That they contain blood is significant, as blood is considered to be the vital force operating within sentient beings.

Many humans are put off by their appendages and feelers, but every now and again a woman takes to the desiring of a waspish waist. (Go figure.)

For those who can sense the anima in even the tiniest of living creatures, the gallinipper’s bite may be perceived as a kiss; the bee sting, an amorous hickey.

There are one million known and named species of insect, and it is said they can perceive more of the electromagnetic spectrum than we can, from the infra-red to the ultra-violet.

The botanist may look at the plant bug or the stick insect and after witnessing these move muse as to whether these creatures evolved from plant life. Or he may simply switch from beer to water.

Technically, the spider is not an insect but an arachnid, but try explaining that to the woman too preoccupied with shrieking at the sight of a tarantula crawling atop her stilettos.

Some wonder if to advanced Space Aliens whether we humans seem like bugs to them, but are we not both made in the divine image?

In the maggot some can see only a repulsive object; for others, a housefly-to-be. Metamorphosize, dear tadpole! You may one day turn out to be a prince in disguise! The butterfly was at one time a caterpillar that has now flown the leafy coop. Leave those mosquitos, alone!, cry the bats. Got to love those bombinating pollinators, too. Their nectar goes great on morning toast.

When out on my constitutionals, I take care not to step on any ants going about their industrious business like busy bees. Onlookers may think me free-styling when all I’m really doing is performing the side-step. I open windows and doors to let flitting insects out, and wish them bon voyage.

Still, I refrain from idolizing these creatures, and putting them on a pedestal, recognizing that it is not always a warm-and-fuzzy fairytale for these lifeforms.

Am I to believe that a loving and wise God created the numerous predatory and carnivorous animals and ferocious beasts? It seems that only Walt Disney first created cute and huggable, civilized critters. Or was it Beatrix Potter? Whatever, looking at the animal kingdom realistically, one finds, alongside many pretty or adorable beings, seemingly god-forsaken bloodsucking mosquitoes, prey-stinging wasps, acid-squirting ants, ensnaring web-spinning spiders, mate-eating black widows, poisonous and creepy tarantulas, camouflaged lurking bugs, repellent rats, vicious piranhas, horrifying vampire bats, unsanitary maggots, venomous snakes, stink-spewing skunks, and slothful sloths. Some might wonder, how were these creatures ever allowed inside Noah's Ark? But I digress.

Nevertheless, one of my favorite films remains Microcosmos.

Found Goat 29-06-2019 01:09 PM

Altair: Lovely photo. A magnified image that wonderfully personalizes these beings, as do the many scenes in the aforementioned documentary. As a sci-fi buff, it also brought to mind an old Outer Limits episode (“ZZZZZ”), about a scientist into the studying of bees, who hires on a voluptuous young woman as his assistant, who is herself actually a Queen Bee in her true shape-shifting form.

Altair 29-06-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

The butterfly was at one time a caterpillar that has now flown the leafy coop. Leave those mosquitos, alone!, cry the bats. Got to love those bombinating pollinators, too. Their nectar goes great on morning toast.

Yes, important point, as it shows the interconnectedness of life..

Unfortunately too many people emphasize the 'nasties' and ignore their importance. Or people have poorly informed opinions on predators such as wolves. The wolves can leave people alone for a hundred years, but you have one incident and there will be mass hysteria. It will also depend on culture. When I was in Costa Rica it was normal for people to live with the idea that there might be jaguars on the other side of the hill. Tarantulas and snakes are common. In Europe people are scared of harmless spiders or freak out when there's a wasp..

We've created sterile environments with only creatures we deem ''superior'' ((cats, dogs, cows, horses)) because these have a social or economic value. These animals are allowed to multiply in unsustainable numbers. We keep the rest of the animal kingdom under tight 'control' yet we forget the ecosystems aren't about man-made hierarchies and the way we do things actually only cause more problems everywhere.