Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Science & Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The small things that matter to matter. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=134428)

ketzer 24-03-2020 01:29 PM

The small things that matter to matter.

It often seems so impossible that someone as small and insignificant as me could make any impact at all on the universe. Yet there is order in chaos and sometimes even the smallest of changes in the present can have the largest of effects on the future, and perhaps more importantly, on the past.

https://phys.org/news/2020-03-symmet...s-physics.html

inavalan 24-03-2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ketzer
It often seems so impossible that someone as small and insignificant as me could make any impact at all on the universe. Yet there is order in chaos and sometimes even the smallest of changes in the present can have the largest of effects on the future, and perhaps more importantly, on the past.

Probably not on my universe, but definitely you make a big impact on yours.

ketzer 24-03-2020 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inavalan
Probably not on my universe, but definitely you make a big impact on yours.

Possibly not on yours, unless of course for a time our universes become entangled. Then perhaps, at least for the part that becomes entangled, there is effectively "our" universe, and we must abide by each other's choices, or decide to go our own ways and break that entanglement.

inavalan 24-03-2020 07:36 PM

Quote:

Possibly not on yours, unless of course for a time our universes become entangled. Then perhaps, at least for the part that becomes entangled, there is effectively "our" universe, and we must abide by each other's choices, or decide to go our own ways and break that entanglement.

I was just referring to the magnitude of the impact.

ketzer 24-03-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

I was just referring to the magnitude of the impact.

OK, then why would a small decision that I make not be able to have a large impact on "our" universe, and hence on you.... assuming our universes (realities) are entangled of course? I mean it might not, but then again it might, good or bad.

inavalan 24-03-2020 08:48 PM

I haven't read the link you posted, so my comments are just related to what's printed on this page, and to my beliefs.

As per my belief, everything that's "happening to me" has to be accepted by some part of me, at least at some level that is unconscious to the awake-me. In most cases, what's "happening to me" is the eventual materialization of my conscious thoughts and emotions.

It is true that at the level of my conscious-me there are surprises, un(consciously)desired happenings.

I won't enter in details about what I believe, but as a general point of view: I parallel this awake-reality with the reality-I-experience-while-dreaming.

No action that a character in my dream takes can't happen without my subconscious' acceptance. I-as-character-in-my-dream doesn't determine his experience while in a non-lucid dream. But, he can get lucid, and take control.

Probably the difference of view between us is that I believe that there isn't an objective reality in the way is generally accepted, but that the awake-reality is similar to our dream-realities.

I'll share the following example ... Last night my wife said something like: "I know that you think that I cause this (referring to something about the current virus crisis)". Surprised, I replied: "No. I don't believe that".

This pandemic, as per my beliefs, was / is caused by humanity's out of control negative emotions (hate, anger, fear, worry). What my wife's constant preoccupation with what the news report on this pandemic, her panicking, and blaming of those she oppose politically, or on other venues, affects, and will affect how this pandemic will affect only her, my wife.

Surely, this can be explained purely physically:
panic >> stress >> debilitation-of-immune-system >> vulnerability-to-illness >> illness (not necessarily from this virus)
but this is a materialization of what's happening on the thought plane:
negative-thoughts >> thought-forms >> materialize-into-situations (in the life of whoever generated those negative-thoughts) similar to those negative-thoughts.
If you pay attention to how your non-lucid dreams chain and morph: you walk on an empty street, you notice that it's dark, you worry a little, then somebody appears, you get more worried, he becomes more menacing, you become fearful, he attacks you, your run away for your life, your legs don't move fast enough whatever you try, your terror skyrockets, you wake up in sweat.

If you become lucid (or if you gave your subconscious suggestions before going to sleep) you can take control of your emotions. You recognize the worry, or the fear, or the terror and make the decision the change it in some benign emotion. Then the whole scenario of your dream takes another, maybe even satisfying course.

I dislike long posts ...

ketzer 24-03-2020 09:16 PM

Quote:

"As per my belief, everything that's "happening to me" has to be accepted by some part of me, at least at some level that is unconscious to the awake-me. In most cases, what's "happening to me" is the eventual materialization of my conscious thoughts and emotions..."

This is pretty close to my view, only I might say that the thoughts and emotions, as well as what materializes, all emanate from a deeper part of our consciousness (awareness? soul?). All three are integrated parts of the whole experience that we create and experience for ourselves.
"Probably the difference of view between us is that I believe that there isn't an objective reality in the way is generally accepted, but that the awake-reality is similar to our dream-realities...."
No, not so different, this is pretty close to how I would phrase it, almost identical. One difference I see between our "awake" reality and our "dream" reality is that in the dream, we are the only one there, everything and everyone is us so it can be whatever we want it to be, whether lucid or not. When awake, we share a created reality with others. Though we create our reality our selves, we consent to shape it with the information created by others, and they do the same for us. So we can't create any kind of reality we wish, like we can in the dream, and expect others to just follow along. Instead, we share responsibility for creation and we accept the consequences of what other create by incorporating those consequences into our realities, it is a choice and a trade off we choose to make, for the privileged of not being completely alone.

inavalan 24-03-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

"As per my belief, everything that's "happening to me" has to be accepted by some part of me, at least at some level that is unconscious to the awake-me. In most cases, what's "happening to me" is the eventual materialization of my conscious thoughts and emotions..."

This is pretty close to my view, only I might say that the thoughts and emotions, as well as what materializes, all emanate from a deeper part of our consciousness (awareness? soul?). All three are integrated parts of the whole experience that we create and experience for ourselves.
"Probably the difference of view between us is that I believe that there isn't an objective reality in the way is generally accepted, but that the awake-reality is similar to our dream-realities...."
No, not so different, this is pretty close to how I would phrase it, almost identical. One difference I see between our "awake" reality and our "dream" reality is that in the dream, we are the only one there, everything and everyone is us so it can be whatever we want it to be, whether lucid or not. When awake, we share a created reality with others. Though we create our reality our selves, we consent to shape it with the information created by others, and they do the same for us. So we can't create any kind of reality we wish, like we can in the dream, and expect others to just follow along. Instead, we share responsibility for creation and we accept the consequences of what other create by incorporating those consequences into our realities, it is a choice and a trade off we choose to make, for the privileged of not being completely alone.

In our dreams, there is an awareness which is independent of our conscious awareness. I believe that to be the one I call inner guidance, and that can be channeled too.

We can take control of our dreams, but never completely. We can control our reactions, can create things, but there are situations and characters that come our way that we don't consciously create. The same subconscious that creates our awake-reality creates our dream-realities too.

I even noticed that, while in a dream, I have access to memories, and a personal history, that are different from my awake reality history (and don't include almost anything from my awake memories), but include situations and characters from past dreams.

While dreaming, quite often, I get very meaningful symbolic messages, which I decode in trance (not by rationalizing them).

ketzer 25-03-2020 01:08 AM

Quote:

In our dreams, there is an awareness which is independent of our conscious awareness. I believe that to be the one I call inner guidance, and that can be channeled too.

We can take control of our dreams, but never completely. We can control our reactions, can create things, but there are situations and characters that come our way that we don't consciously create. The same subconscious that creates our awake-reality creates our dream-realities too.

I even noticed that, while in a dream, I have access to memories, and a personal history, that are different from my awake reality history (and don't include almost anything from my awake memories), but include situations and characters from past dreams.

While dreaming, quite often, I get very meaningful symbolic messages, which I decode in trance (not by rationalizing them).

I agree our awareness takes on many forms. I also think our deeper level awareness can be channeled, and shows though in our lives in many different forms. Characters in our lives, events in our lives, insights from within.... it is strange how it works, but sometimes it is rather apparent that it is happening.
I think you mentioned that dream memories in a different post. It caught my attention because I am not aware of this type of memory in myself...probably there though.... makes sense. I struggle to remember dreams, but when I do, it is usually because my subconscious has figured something out and is trying to get the message through symbolically. Another sort of channeling I suppose.? When it finally gets through I wake up as if having just been dope slapped and think "of course, that is what all that nonsense in the dream means" LOL. For a while I was working on remembering my dreams more and trying to become lucid by choice. It actually did pay off once after some weeks of following the advice of others. I suddenly stopped and smiled at a rather dangerous tall dark demonic figure that entered the bedroom and was coming around the bed at me. I was terrified in the dream until I suddenly realized it was a dream and then smiled and told the figure he was not real and this is a dream ... but then I suddenly woke up so I didn't get to take control. I should really get back to trying to get that stuff working again, don't recall why I stopped.

Busby 27-03-2020 09:27 AM

Quote:

Yes, it's a fascinating 'problem', the first thought that came to my mind when I read it was that maybe you don't know that there are quite a few atoms in you body - in all our bodies - that once belonged to Napoleon. It could also be said that if you hadn't appeared on this planet then the universe wouldn't exist. 'You' would know nothing about it all. But you do 'exist' and therefore the universe becomes visible to you through your awareness, the awareness based upon your five general senses. This awareness is a product of your mind, a mind which creates its own defined and personal reality - in a collective of personality creations.

Birds of a feather flock together - just observe.

You are as important as a key is to a lock.