Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Nature (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   What's your favourite plant? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133705)

Anala 03-02-2020 02:55 PM

This may sound silly, but basil. I love the smell and the first time I saw the blossoms, I was mesmerized. :smile:

JosephineB 03-02-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anala
This may sound silly, but basil. I love the smell and the first time I saw the blossoms, I was mesmerized. :smile:

Purple!! Is this it Anala? Beautiful. I never knew.

symmetricalsnowflake11 03-02-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I always think bougainvillea looks lovely in hot climes. Have you got room to have that climbing all over your balcony walls and over the side? :smile:

Do you have aloe vera and cactus already? I like those.

Wow Bougainvillea are beautiful. I could get a wall for it to climb on! I don't have cactus, they're not my favourites - I prefer succulents. I would love aloe vera but i don't seem to be able to find it in any shops at the moment.

symmetricalsnowflake11 03-02-2020 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
Love the Oak tree & Bluebell flowers.

I just looked up bluebells, they seem easy enough to grow. Perhaps I should give them a go. They look beautiful.

symmetricalsnowflake11 03-02-2020 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altair
Oak when it comes to trees. I love how every oak tree is unique.

Foxglove when it comes to flowers. They're a real magnet for bees and bumblebees..
If we were to just seed foxglove in many gardens and public spaces we'd really tackle the issue of their decline. :hug3:

Floxgloves are beautiful! I love how the bell parts bunch together.

Anala 04-02-2020 04:41 AM

JB,

The purple is stunning! Mine was white and the shape was geometric and symmetrical! Sorry, I do not have a picture. Maybe this summer. :D

JosephineB 04-02-2020 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anala
JB,

The purple is stunning! Mine was white and the shape was geometric and symmetrical! Sorry, I do not have a picture. Maybe this summer. :D

That's nice you have the fresh from your garden :smile:

I'm trying to work out your profile pic, is it a heart on water?

Native spirit 04-02-2020 10:42 AM

For me the best Flowers are meadow flowers ,Bluebells especially I love them. but I love most flowers the ones I don't like are the horrid one with a big stem you get at Christmas cant remember the name, i'm not a fan of lillies either or chrysants

I have got a spider plant its 30 years old and still producing young

Namaste

BigJohn 04-02-2020 11:37 AM

I was asked why does my Bougainvilleas look so beautiful?

I never water them!

Anala 04-02-2020 01:17 PM

JB, yes, the heart was a melted
spot in a thin sheet of ice on a pond we frequent.

Ah, I struggle growing basil. This year because of the hail. Can hardly wait to set seed on the porch counter.

Native, are you talking about amaryllis. The giant bulb, people gift it at the holidays, grows just one big stem. Not my favorite either, unless in a garden. Oh, blue bells, I had forgotten

BJ I just had to chuckle, when I read you answer! Yep! Best kind of plant! :biggrin:

Can I add too more favorites? Flax and arctic lilies.