Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tarot and Oracle Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   A compatibility spread and a lot of questions! (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=118200)

Saturniid 06-11-2017 01:56 AM

A compatibility spread and a lot of questions!

Hello, all. This is my first thread here aside from my welcome post, and of course, tarot reading is one of the reasons I'm here. And just stating right now, yes, I do very much believe in past lives, twin flames, and soul mates. It might seem like I derail into that topic for a moment, but please bear with me. I'll get to my point. Trust me, it's about a tarot reading, I promise. :tongue: I just mention the prior the way I do because of how this started, and so people aren't worried about posting their views, should they also believe in such things, or similar.

Now, I'm not entirely new to the studies of tarot, but I still have a bit to learn about certain card meanings. I did a reading on someone because upon meeting them, they seemed strikingly familiar to the point I gasped and was like "I know you, don't I?" (in my head, of course), but logically, I've never once seen them in this particular life. They even mildly look like me to the point that one of my friends mistook them for me when they had their back turned! After meeting them, I started seeing 111, 222, 333, 444, and 555 everywhere I turned, like 15+ times a day, I swear. Among other things that fell in line with association with this person's identity. Of course, that's a different topic, but it was one of the driving reasons for my questioning with the tarot cards. I figured I should also state that this person also believes in reincarnation and things of that matter, such as a very strong belief in the spiritual and metaphysical.

Anyway, intuition has been nagging at me regarding certain hunches, both related and unrelated to the aforementioned, so I did a reading for possible insight.

The way I read my spreads is to shuffle after every draw. I try to be as specific as possible in regards to my questions, so some may seem a little more eccentric, but the method I use has never once steered me wrong in the past. I close my eyes, spread the cards before me, and sift with the index finger of my dominant hand until it 'favors' a card, and I draw it. I then reshuffle, ask my next question, rinse, repeat.

Like I said, it's never steered me wrong yet, but upon pulling these cards, I'm really questioning what they're trying to tell me. Here's the questions and the reading I've pulled. I've tried to gather as much info as I could in parenthesis below each draw to summarize what it might mean.

How I make them feel: Ace of cups
(emotional card, the start of something good? Potential?)

Best qualities they see in me: 6 of cups
(Nostalgia card, bringing back memories, past love, life, etc)

Worst qualities they see in me: 7 of wands
(Too defensive, or cannot stand up to others well, very plausible)

What this person desires for us: Temperance
(Balance? Moderation? Unity?)

Mental compatibility: 10 of cups
(Fulfillment, contentedness with comfortable wealth--"All you'd ever ask for")

Physical compatibility: The Lovers
(Choice, Love, Bonding/union?)

Emotional compatibility: The Fool*

(A card of risks and new beginnings--exploring the unknown and braving where/what no one else would dare? A warning not to be careless?)

*The Fool card has fallen out of my deck twice during shuffling over the course of this reading, not counting the actual draw.

For things like the 'worst' quality they see in me, I know that one could very well be credible, as an instance at one point brought up the fact that I don't always speak up for myself, as mentioned by the person this reading is about.

So my question is... what's your summary of this? I know many people relate quite a few of these cards to twin flames and soul mates, so if you believe that, or even if you don't, feel free to express how you view this particular reading.

I look forward to what everyone has to say. :) Thank you for taking the time to look! Have a lovely day.

angelic star 06-11-2017 02:37 AM

Wow lovely cards , and welcome to SF :)

Ace of cups, it feels that they see a light, relief and feeling of inner compatibility, a fire emotionally as if being at home almost, they find hope than they do in their current relationships, or any existing partner does for them. They see their own giving nature with you. A positive reflection.
An emotional healing in the sense they could not find with a partner.
Six of cups feels like they see some with a giving nature, and seven of wands giving to the extent that they are wasting their energy. Someone who needs to relax a bit and not give more than is necessary.
Temperance they see a purpose together. Not entirely romantic but having a common purpose , positive purpose in the right direction. Feeling of having a purpose.
Ten of cups emotional intensity beyond the ordinary senses. Higher purpose, going beyond the veil. Compatibility in family sense too. The Lovers can be wonderful in any relationships spread, need I say more lol :D
Emotional compatibility. There is still some feeling that you need to break the ice in some way, to go beyond in some small way, but truth be told, there is a inner place with this relationship where a more powerful realization has already happened. So any effort on anyone's part is not needed. Things are spontaneous, innocent and pure of purpose and it is meant to be that way.
I feel a partner's mother might have some positive role to play and might be able to reflect positive light to this relationship and your emotional connection together. This feels to me that there is bigger purpose, than just a mere romantic partnership. It is more fulfilling than just any ordinary romantic partnership.
Just my interpretation of this.

Saturniid 06-11-2017 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelic star
Wow lovely cards , and welcome to SF :)

Ace of cups, it feels that they see a light, relief and feeling of inner compatibility, a fire emotionally as if being at home almost, they find hope than they do in their current relationships, or any existing partner does for them. They see their own giving nature with you. A positive reflection.
An emotional healing in the sense they could not find with a partner.
Six of cups feels like they see some with a giving nature, and seven of wands giving to the extent that they are wasting their energy. Someone who needs to relax a bit and not give more than is necessary.
Temperance they see a purpose together. Not entirely romantic but having a common purpose , positive purpose in the right direction. Feeling of having a purpose.
Ten of cups emotional intensity beyond the ordinary senses. Higher purpose, going beyond the veil. Compatibility in family sense too. The Lovers can be wonderful in any relationships spread, need I say more lol :D
Emotional compatibility. There is still some feeling that you need to break the ice in some way, to go beyond in some small way, but truth be told, there is a inner place with this relationship where a more powerful realization has already happened. So any effort on anyone's part is not needed. Things are spontaneous, innocent and pure of purpose and it is meant to be that way.
I feel a partner's mother might have some positive role to play and might be able to reflect positive light to this relationship and your emotional connection together. This feels to me that there is bigger purpose, than just a mere romantic partnership. It is more fulfilling than just any ordinary romantic partnership.
Just my interpretation of this.

Thank you for your interpretation! A lot of what you said is something I think really rings true here. I know that I'd never once seen this man prior in this life, but when I got that pang of realization and familiarity, it hit hard. I've never once had to hold myself back from instinctively saying aloud "I know who you are!" until then. :I What a weird experience this has been...!

The man I'm doing this reading about is very, very calm and stoic, generally. Most people are afraid of him, or very intrigued by him. There's really no in-between. He has a certain energy about him that's terrifying. but ironically in a familiar, comforting way. Like being so comfortable around someone you've logically/physically never seen before in the course of life that it terrifies you. But one thing I've learned before I came to open up and be more expressive, most people who are stoic on the outside are simply good at hiding all those emotions they're trying to decipher inside their heart and mind.

So it seems you are reading them all together, as if in a type of spread, especially the best/worst traits draws. Interesting way of looking at it. :) Might I ask how you would read that if you didn't necessarily 'connect' the two together? As in, how would you read them if they were drawn as individual 'one-card readings'? That's kind of the way I do mine for questions like that, with no particular spread, so I was simply curious. :smile: Though, I'm sure you probably have a particular method to how you read them, and I could certainly see some of the qualities you speak of. I appreciate your input.

All in all, how do you think this is best summarized in your view? Would this be a relationship factor, or something far more significant (I question the 'Lovers' card in this regard, because of the physical nature of the question, not that I'd deny that factor's possibility... :confused: Haha!)

Though, you're definitely almost on the money about giving more than I have/should. One of my biggest vices is that I feel undeserving of what I have, especially when others need it far more than I ever would. This goes for just about anything. I suppose there are problematic situations that could stem from that, especially if someone takes advantage of it, which is where I think the 7 of wands could really come into play, if I'm seeing this correctly.

I enjoyed reading that. Thank you very much!

angelic star 06-11-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saturniid
Thank you for your interpretation! A lot of what you said is something I think really rings true here. I know that I'd never once seen this man prior in this life, but when I got that pang of realization and familiarity, it hit hard. I've never once had to hold myself back from instinctively saying aloud "I know who you are!" until then. :I What a weird experience this has been...!

The man I'm doing this reading about is very, very calm and stoic, generally. Most people are afraid of him, or very intrigued by him. There's really no in-between. He has a certain energy about him that's terrifying. but ironically in a familiar, comforting way. Like being so comfortable around someone you've logically/physically never seen before in the course of life that it terrifies you. But one thing I've learned before I came to open up and be more expressive, most people who are stoic on the outside are simply good at hiding all those emotions they're trying to decipher inside their heart and mind.

So it seems you are reading them all together, as if in a type of spread, especially the best/worst traits draws. Interesting way of looking at it. :) Might I ask how you would read that if you didn't necessarily 'connect' the two together? As in, how would you read them if they were drawn as individual 'one-card readings'? That's kind of the way I do mine for questions like that, with no particular spread, so I was simply curious. :smile: Though, I'm sure you probably have a particular method to how you read them, and I could certainly see some of the qualities you speak of. I appreciate your input.

All in all, how do you think this is best summarized in your view? Would this be a relationship factor, or something far more significant (I question the 'Lovers' card in this regard, because of the physical nature of the question, not that I'd deny that factor's possibility... :confused: Haha!)

Though, you're definitely almost on the money about giving more than I have/should. One of my biggest vices is that I feel undeserving of what I have, especially when others need it far more than I ever would. This goes for just about anything. I suppose there are problematic situations that could stem from that, especially if someone takes advantage of it, which is where I think the 7 of wands could really come into play, if I'm seeing this correctly.

I enjoyed reading that. Thank you very much!

Hi Satruniid,

Thank you for your responses. Yes you are right. People who are stoic on the outside and usually having to deal with a lot on the inside, with their emotions and the reflect deeply to have some resolution of spirit. But life just seems to be on the surface as do most people and they are able to go beyond it somehow in the fabric of emotions and spirituality together. There is a lot of thought, emotion and seeking there with people who are outwardly calm and stoic.
I don't have a particular way of readings cards, I haven't really thought about it. Sometimes I read the cards individually and sometimes I connect them together.
With your's it does indeed feel very much like twin flames. And since the connection is very spiritual , the cards you are likely to draw will reflect on spiritual truths only. Even if you had met in physical reality, your cards would still reflect the deeper spiritual aspect of such relationship. The attitude we hold towards our partnership reflects on the cards and with deep soul mate partnerships , where both partners are evolved you will find deeper reflections of spirit in the readings. It isn't surprising to me that these lovely cards were drawn in regards to your question, because you are already connecting in spirit and spirit is always full of love and harmony.
The Lovers card to me feels more like tenderness, healing, masculine healing stands out here. Reclaiming parts of self that were lost in previous partnerships and aspects of self lost in intimacy with old partners. Deeply healing partnership even in the physical sense. Intimacy will heal the two of you.
I hope this answers you for now. Thank you for connecting, brightest blessings ~

Saturniid 08-11-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Hi Satruniid,

Thank you for your responses. Yes you are right. People who are stoic on the outside and usually having to deal with a lot on the inside, with their emotions and the reflect deeply to have some resolution of spirit. But life just seems to be on the surface as do most people and they are able to go beyond it somehow in the fabric of emotions and spirituality together. There is a lot of thought, emotion and seeking there with people who are outwardly calm and stoic.
I don't have a particular way of readings cards, I haven't really thought about it. Sometimes I read the cards individually and sometimes I connect them together.
With your's it does indeed feel very much like twin flames. And since the connection is very spiritual , the cards you are likely to draw will reflect on spiritual truths only. Even if you had met in physical reality, your cards would still reflect the deeper spiritual aspect of such relationship. The attitude we hold towards our partnership reflects on the cards and with deep soul mate partnerships , where both partners are evolved you will find deeper reflections of spirit in the readings. It isn't surprising to me that these lovely cards were drawn in regards to your question, because you are already connecting in spirit and spirit is always full of love and harmony.
The Lovers card to me feels more like tenderness, healing, masculine healing stands out here. Reclaiming parts of self that were lost in previous partnerships and aspects of self lost in intimacy with old partners. Deeply healing partnership even in the physical sense. Intimacy will heal the two of you.
I hope this answers you for now. Thank you for connecting, brightest blessings ~

Thank you. Admittedly, while I am looking for views from multiple perspectives, yours adds much insight as well. I certainly appreciate it.

My last question, however, is this, if you do not mind answering.

Along with the cards drawn so far, last night, I followed up by asking the cards what would best describe the summary of the relationship I might share with this person, if things were ever to turn out that way. I drew the Ace of Swords and the Hierophant (it 'stuck' with my initial pull and refused to stay in the shuffle, coming out with the Ace). I know both of these cards have a lot of messages to many different people, but with the previous draws, I'm curious how one might see this. Severance and oppression, or balance, commitment, and triumph? I asked for clarification and got the Four of Wands, but while I know this card bodes well, generally, I don't know what it would mean when associated with the Ace of Swords that came with the Hierophant. :confused:

angelic star 09-11-2017 05:07 AM

hi there Saturnid,

Heirophant is tricky card. If this is in regards to your partner it feels that he will be forced to look at things objectively and he will venture to look at things objectively, against the will of something that is already meant to happen. It feels there will be a need to cut severe ties from the past, or past relationships and that might be hard given their own life principles. So there might be a conflict between looking at things objectively, practically and the divine will, or any higher perspectives ( emotions ) that might come into the picture. The divine order of things. So there will be aligning oneself to that energy, either by weighing and going over one's own principles/ loyalty/ commitment and also balancing them with existing relationships.
Ace of swords, a choice to either cut off the old and follow new partnerships, and the Heirophant might be the initial trigger for that to happen. Just a trigger for newer spiritual concepts to come into one's life. Kind of a spiritual crisis point.
If the four of wands appeared than that's a good outcome, but in order to reach that there will be inner conflict, giving up on old principles to embrace new things, and surrendering to the divine order of things.
Just my interpretation of it.

Curious1 10-11-2017 06:27 AM

Are you absolutely sure that this man is single?

Saturniid 10-11-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious1
Are you absolutely sure that this man is single?

Yes, I'm sure he his. His friends tend to joke a tad about it too-- they call him the Monk of the group for this exact reason. :p Heh.

May I ask why you pose this question?

Saturniid 10-11-2017 08:23 AM

Quote:

hi there Saturnid,

Heirophant is tricky card. If this is in regards to your partner it feels that he will be forced to look at things objectively and he will venture to look at things objectively, against the will of something that is already meant to happen. It feels there will be a need to cut severe ties from the past, or past relationships and that might be hard given their own life principles. So there might be a conflict between looking at things objectively, practically and the divine will, or any higher perspectives ( emotions ) that might come into the picture. The divine order of things. So there will be aligning oneself to that energy, either by weighing and going over one's own principles/ loyalty/ commitment and also balancing them with existing relationships.
Ace of swords, a choice to either cut off the old and follow new partnerships, and the Heirophant might be the initial trigger for that to happen. Just a trigger for newer spiritual concepts to come into one's life. Kind of a spiritual crisis point.
If the four of wands appeared than that's a good outcome, but in order to reach that there will be inner conflict, giving up on old principles to embrace new things, and surrendering to the divine order of things.
Just my interpretation of it.

I see. This could be quite applicable. Thank you very much for your interpretation. :)

Curious1 11-11-2017 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saturniid
Yes, I'm sure he his. His friends tend to joke a tad about it too-- they call him the Monk of the group for this exact reason. :p Heh.

May I ask why you pose this question?

Sure. One reason is this...

Best qualities they see in me: 6 of cups
It's not a good thing when the best qualities he sees in you remind him of another (past) relationship. This card can indicate one who is holding out hope that an old flame will return.