Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Astrology (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Are Cancers stubborn? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117159)

SpiritofZoe 25-09-2017 06:07 PM

Are Cancers stubborn?

I'll just get to the point - I think so. I have 6 in my family. It seems Earth signs like Taurus are more associated with being stubborn, and I can see that, I know a stubborn Taurus or two. But are water signs stubborn? Or just Cancers? Their opposite Capricorns I have known to be stubborn too, like immovable Earth. But I don't notice Cancers described as stubborn like I see them.

Maybe water's qualities influence the signs being stubborn? Like water is heavy and influential and hard to change. It responds readily to boundaries forcefully placed around it, but you can't change its nature, it will do what it does, it will be what it is. Maybe I just know (by relation) too many Cancers so they seem more stubborn to me, emotional in a way- like guided by emotional responses but not necessarily volatile or labile. But they were born with a nature that cannot be changed, although they can be guided by circumstances and can respond intelligently.

Ironically in this view Fire signs are less stubborn. It's easy to know what to do to affect fire- add fuel to it, deprive it of fuel, or throw a lot of water on it, and it will be affected, it can't help it. It's in its nature to be very reactive and responsive so if you know how to treat it, it is not dominant, it relies heavily on relations within its environment, until it is out of control, which is usually not a good thing. Water is so heavy and stubborn in comparison, it outdoes fire - think about how much fire it takes to overcome water (and turn it to steam)- much more likely the water will put out the fire like rock over scissors. Water signs like Cancer are a hidden (creeping) force, they avoid conflict, but they can have a pervasive influence, can flood or smother or sneak attack by surprise. You think you know who they are, where they stand, then they surprise you and show you they are not so malleable and will always "be themselves" no matter what.

Does that make sense- anyone know Cancers like that?

FairyCrystal 25-09-2017 09:47 PM

Hmmm... good question. Someone on here did say something about that at some point if memory serves.
Is their way of being stubborn not more like withdrawing in their shell and/or digging themselves into the sand to hide? Which would make them appear stubborn as they then refuse to move / go with the flow.

If I think about my Cancer ex-husband I think yes, he could be stubborn. ANd if he didn't want to do something, 10 horses couldn't drag him forth. Kinda weird as normally speaking he was easy-going and gentle.

angelic star 26-09-2017 09:21 AM

Yeah it does feel like that. Cancer does feel to be stubborn, and is not afraid to speak it's mind. Capricorn does tend to have that trait too and both are cardinal signs. Good point made, I think maybe people just over rate 'stubborn' in sun signs you know.

rhubarbrosie 26-09-2017 12:11 PM

...Ha! Blushing here. I am a Cancer sun female. 9 times out of ten, I will try to be very malleable, agreeable, go with the flow. That one time, tho, if I dig in my heels, if something feels wrong, or unjust, or God forbid threatens my kids, then watch out! ( note: I also have a pluto/mar conjunction in Virgo tho so that gives me a volcanic capability. But literally MONTHS, years, go by without me going there...)

I would so much rather things be "nice" than "not nice" ... not always possible in this world though

Realm Ki 26-09-2017 08:46 PM

You nailed it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritofZoe
I'll just get to the point - I think so. I have 6 in my family. It seems Earth signs like Taurus are more associated with being stubborn, and I can see that, I know a stubborn Taurus or two. But are water signs stubborn? Or just Cancers? Their opposite Capricorns I have known to be stubborn too, like immovable Earth. But I don't notice Cancers described as stubborn like I see them.

Maybe water's qualities influence the signs being stubborn? Like water is heavy and influential and hard to change. It responds readily to boundaries forcefully placed around it, but you can't change its nature, it will do what it does, it will be what it is. Maybe I just know (by relation) too many Cancers so they seem more stubborn to me, emotional in a way- like guided by emotional responses but not necessarily volatile or labile. But they were born with a nature that cannot be changed, although they can be guided by circumstances and can respond intelligently.

Ironically in this view Fire signs are less stubborn. It's easy to know what to do to affect fire- add fuel to it, deprive it of fuel, or throw a lot of water on it, and it will be affected, it can't help it. It's in its nature to be very reactive and responsive so if you know how to treat it, it is not dominant, it relies heavily on relations within its environment, until it is out of control, which is usually not a good thing. Water is so heavy and stubborn in comparison, it outdoes fire - think about how much fire it takes to overcome water (and turn it to steam)- much more likely the water will put out the fire like rock over scissors. Water signs like Cancer are a hidden (creeping) force, they avoid conflict, but they can have a pervasive influence, can flood or smother or sneak attack by surprise. You think you know who they are, where they stand, then they surprise you and show you they are not so malleable and will always "be themselves" no matter what.

Does that make sense- anyone know Cancers like that?

I am a cancer and this is probably the very best description of my character I have ever read, when it comes to will and adaptabiltiy /stubbornness.

I never identified with the animal, but with the element of water. Digging my claws in is not me. It's much more like you described; I have a flow and I will flow, there is NO way to change that. I neither can nor want to. I really do try and flow 'around' people and accommodate as much as I can, but at the core I don't change for anyone.

And honestly, I can't be contained either, I'll overflow before long. It's been tried, both by others and by myself :) One just has to make way: 'A river flows here'.

And also the association to fire element characteristics: THATs why I never have any problem with fire people - they are actually reactive, easy to read, please and deal with.

Nature Grows 29-09-2017 10:05 AM

well, my ascendant star sign is cancer the crab, some people have called me stubborn before but its only when i don't do what they want me to do so if someone calls you stubborn your not stubborn you just don't want to do what that person says you should do. It's kinda just a manipulative thing people say when they are frustrated with you because your not acting the way they want you to. It can also be used like, "why are you doing that, it's not going to work, gosh! your so stubborn how many times have i told you!?" but if you just keep going at whatever it is i think thats good, thats a good type of stubborn, like a not giving up no matter how hard whatever it is your trying to accomplish is even when everyone thinks your an idiot, at least you have that fire/strength within you, you know. Sometimes its good to listen to people, sometimes its better not to.

SpiritofZoe 01-10-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi Rakel
I am a cancer and this is probably the very best description of my character I have ever read, when it comes to will and adaptabiltiy /stubbornness.

I never identified with the animal, but with the element of water. Digging my claws in is not me. It's much more like you described; I have a flow and I will flow, there is NO way to change that. I neither can nor want to. I really do try and flow 'around' people and accommodate as much as I can, but at the core I don't change for anyone.

And honestly, I can't be contained either, I'll overflow before long. It's been tried, both by others and by myself :) One just has to make way: 'A river flows here'.

And also the association to fire element characteristics: THATs why I never have any problem with fire people - they are actually reactive, easy to read, please and deal with.

I'm glad to hear it resonates with you! BTW I do love the Cancers in my family... I also have many Fire sign friends and they are easy to please and fun.. I think Cancers really serve to unite all kinds of people.

Akira 01-10-2017 09:55 PM

I am not sure stubborn is the right word. They appear stubborn because they get upset, then they stop everything in their attempt to go the way they need to go. Often this hurts them too. In fact I think that Capricorns which is their opposite sign are the same, it's not stubborn. They're cardinal signs and they are meant to lead in some way or another. Cancer will do it secretively ... They are very kind and funny too :)

KyleConn 17-10-2017 09:42 AM

Of course. My sister is a Cancerian. She is very stubborn.

hallow 19-10-2017 05:35 AM

Hahahahah! Cancer is a fun and interesting sign. My wifes a cancer and i have known a lot others. Idk if you can really call it stubborn but definitely emotional. It can be a challenge to see through there hard shell into there soft heart. Most often you have to deal with the crab before they reveal softness. A lot of other signs have issues with that. The best cancer partner is a virgo. A fire sign will really struggle with a cancer. Cancer will constantly try to put out there fire.