Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   confused about religion and me personal beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129321)

olliebug 04-05-2019 12:07 AM

confused about religion and me personal beliefs

So I was never raised on with a religion I guess. I was told a little bit about God, praying and sins but never forced to go to church or read the bible. I believe in the afterlife and that there's a good and bad place so I refer to them as Heaven and Hell because I've never seen it referred to anything else. I also like and believe in things that aren't considered Christian. I've used pendulums and oracle cards, I tried tarot cards but I could never get the hang of them. If I unde3rstand correctly using those are a "sin". I believe in mediums, psychics and other things like that but I've been told that talking to the dead is a "sin". I'm interested in a lot of things but still want to believe in God. Is it a thing to not be in a certain religion and sort of just "make up your own" for lack of a better phrase? I'm just really confused on where I fit in because it seems I don't fit in anywhere. Some guidance would be awesome and very appreciated :biggrin:

Sorry the whole post is in one clump instead of separated into paragraphs I'm bad at figuring out how to separate stuff lol

JosephineB 04-05-2019 02:41 AM

I don't follow any particular religion either. I go with what feels right. Actually feel in the body. Observe your body when you speak and do. Does it sit well with you is the question to ask. There's a Jordan Peterson video I saw a few days ago talking about this. I'll try and find it again.

JosephineB 04-05-2019 03:06 AM

...........The video:

https://youtu.be/EfEK-Pmi7v0

Altair 04-05-2019 10:04 AM

Here's the real cracker: You will never really fit it anywhere...!! :D

The people that think they 'fit in' are only in a temporary state of order but the actual reality is that creativity rules the universe. You may be part of a group and imagine you agree on core beliefs and 'observations' yet after a while you will notice differences! This is fundamental. You will never fit in, only to yourself you can fit in..

Now, of course there are paths that you can more or less fit in and be a part of, but on the individual level there is just you. So you take what you want from different cultures and paths, mould it and see what works. That's frightening to the stability seeking cultures who imagine everything must be orderly and predictable (that includes that Peterson boy :rolleyes: ) but they are desperate old men.. :tongue:

JosephineB 04-05-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

That's frightening to the stability seeking cultures who imagine everything must be orderly and predictable (that includes that Peterson boy ) but they are desperate old men..

If you listen to what he is saying in the video it's saying the opposite to fitting in, he's saying be true to yourself.

Altair 04-05-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
If you listen to what he is saying in the video it's saying the opposite to fitting in, he's saying be true to yourself.

Maybe he does, I haven't checked your link.
But he's a questionable figure and an Order fanatic which is what you have missed and was the context in which I wrote my reply..

Order fanaticism leads people to all manners of (morally) questionable ethics and belief systems, including hierarchical thinking (''humans are privileged and realize God, no other being can''), spiritual Absolutism belief systems (''Our path and perspective of God is THE absolute truth''), and always finds it way in race and sexuality topics as well. I think you should take a more careful look...

JosephineB 04-05-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Maybe he does, I haven't checked your link.
But he's a questionable figure and an Order fanatic which is what you have missed and was the context in which I wrote my reply..

So instead of giving your opinion on his words in this particular video that you didn't watch, you jumped straight to your opinion on his character, OK.

Altair 04-05-2019 10:37 AM

Context is the key word..

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
So instead of giving your opinion on his words in this particular video that you didn't watch, you jumped straight to your opinion on his character, OK.

Yes, because I'm aware of the larger context, and of where he's coming from..
The part you quoted of my comment already explains it.. :hug3:

JosephineB 04-05-2019 10:39 AM

You're missing out on some pearls Feather.

Greenslade 04-05-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olliebug
Some guidance would be awesome and very appreciated :biggrin:

Be your own Guide. Take what resonates with you as your own truth, leave the rest behind because it is not yours. You'll know when something resonates with you, it's not a feeling that can be described and it's individual. Keep an open mind and don't believe because you think you should, question eveything but not to the point of paranoid scepticism.

Most of all, go explore already and have fun with it.