Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Wicca (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Wax remains after a spell (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30703)

Shalimar 17-02-2012 05:20 PM

Wax remains after a spell

I've cast a spell and even if I let my candles burn up I still have tiny bits of wax left over (I had to cleaned up the candle holder as it was kind of plug). I read that you are supposed to bury them, but would not wax kind of pollute the ground? I was thinking of putting what remains in my furnace, would that be OK?

Thanks for your help :smile: ! This was my first spell. I'm still reading, reading, learning, learning....I'm on my own with books and books don't talk back...I'm so glad that SF has a "Witch Room" :wink:

Peace :hug3:

Animus27 17-02-2012 09:14 PM

Putting them in the furnace sounds like a great idea. :D The only time I'd bury them would be if it was natural beeswax candles.

Quintessence 17-02-2012 11:28 PM

Dude! Remelt them and make more candles! Candle making is fun! :D

LadyTerra 18-02-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shalimar
I've cast a spell and even if I let my candles burn up I still have tiny bits of wax left over (I had to cleaned up the candle holder as it was kind of plug). I read that you are supposed to bury them, but would not wax kind of pollute the ground? I was thinking of putting what remains in my furnace, would that be OK?

Thanks for your help :smile: ! This was my first spell. I'm still reading, reading, learning, learning....I'm on my own with books and books don't talk back...I'm so glad that SF has a "Witch Room" :wink:

If you use a fire-proof plate for your CandleWorkings--you will be able to divine the Wax for any messages/guidance the Ritual has to offer.

I like to journalize these divinations--then I cleanse the Working by using a knife to free-up the Wax, break it into bits, and place it in a bag--which I then tie into a knot (while chanting);

"With this knot the bag is bound--no negativity to be found!"

I discard the bag with the trash.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

Shalimar 18-02-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyTerra
If you use a fire-proof plate for your CandleWorkings--you will be able to divine the Wax for any messages/guidance the Ritual has to offer.

I like to journalize these divinations--then I cleanse the Working by using a knife to free-up the Wax, break it into bits, and place it in a bag--which I then tie into a knot (while chanting);

"With this knot the bag is bound--no negativity to be found!"

I discard the bag with the trash.

Blessed be...

Thank you LadyTerra for passing on this info!:D I had used candle holders for that spell, but next time I'll use a fireproof plate because I would be very much interested to read any messages/guidances.
I have started a Grimoire, I chose a 3 rings binder (I got one that is made out of clear plastic so I'll be able to slide my own artwork as cover). I have recorded the details of my spell, date, planetary time, what it was for, what I used, what I did, what I felt, etc.. I could easily write down any message I would get. This is really a wonderful idea!

Peace, and blessings to you too! :hug2:

LadyTerra 20-02-2012 05:08 AM

Greetings Shalimar:

Sounds like you are off to an excellent start!:hug:

I would like to suggest an inexpensive little book by D.J. Conway entitled
"A Little Book of Candle Magic".

It can help w/ Planetary timing and tells how to divine Candle Flames and Smoke. You can use any number of books to help divine the meanings of any pics/symbols that may appear in your wax.

Please feel free to PM me any time you would like to discuss any of these things.

Peace and Love on your path to discovering the Mysteries...

Blessed be...

Shalimar 21-02-2012 03:21 PM

Thank you LadyTerra for your help and for the book recommandation :smile: !

I checked it on amazon and it seems real good and yes inexpensive!

Many blessings :hug3:

LadyTerra 21-02-2012 06:19 PM

Greetings Shalimar:

You are very welcome!:hug:

Blessed be...

ArianHawk 24-02-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shalimar

Well i don't know the answer to your question... do you have to burn candles completely out until they are all gone?

Mine are really big and i don't want to waste them.

Plus my candles are being an *** and deciding to tunnel and make a pool of wax which is deeper than the actual wick :(

Blessings,

Arian Hawk

Shalimar 24-02-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArianHawk
Well i don't know the answer to your question... do you have to burn candles completely out until they are all gone?

Mine are really big and i don't want to waste them.

Plus my candles are being an *** and deciding to tunnel and make a pool of wax which is deeper than the actual wick :(

Blessings,

Arian Hawk

Hi Arian Hawk and Welcome to the forum :hug2:

From what I've learned so far, you let or not your candles burn out depending on the spell your are casting. The one I did, called for letting the candles burn out. But I have seen other spells which didn't require that, the instructions were to snuff out the candles.

i don't know if you are aware of that but I learned that it is very important to never blow out your candles, snuff them out.

Now to have it the easy way with candles, I found out that is a lot better to purchase candles that are especially made for spells. They are not expensive, at my local store I pay $1.25 for 5 of them. You can buy them also online. And you can choose the appropriate color for the spell you are casting.

I hope I have been able to help you some :smile: