Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Why so much pain? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111781)

hellabomer 17-03-2017 07:47 AM

Why so much pain?

I have seen that no matter how much good of a person you are, you can't escape pain. But sometimes, the pain does not seem to end for some people. One after the other, something bad happens and keep pulling down and down. They might be the purest people, and yet they go through so much hurt. People say that committing suicide is sin, but why does universe give so much pain to the people, that they end up taking such a drastic step? Whereas there are some people, very bad and evil, but they manage to live a life without feeling anything. Isn't it better to be emotionless and apathetic than to feel so much that living everyday becomes hard?

Rozie 17-03-2017 09:16 AM

I don't know. It's a gift.

What do you think happens to someone who is traumatized. Do they love too much?

They block emotions and turn them off...Emotionless and apathetic is a bit hard and that is nothing. Nothing isn't worth living for.

At least you know you are alive if you have emotions.

Michelle11 17-03-2017 01:12 PM

I've struggled with pain myself but understand it is a great motivator. In my journey I was also told that being good isn't the point. Of course being bad may not produce the kind of life we would find pleasant if we wound up in jail but the destination isn't some arbitrary state of being pure, good or without sin. It's more about learning from our mistakes and finding our true nature. But pain can be hard to accept and cause great resistance in us. Our bodies are wired to avoid pain for our very survival and it does not really know the difference between physical or emotional pain so struggling against pain is fairly normal. But as I wrestled with my own pain I was told often that I agreed to the life I was living. I don't suspect that means I chose to be in pain specifically but rather agreed to allow myself to feel it, to put myself in situations that would trigger it so I could heal what was behind the pain. I read somewhere that pain, illness, and trauma in one's life isn't a sign of a weaker, lesser than soul but rather a sign of strength. It means the soul has gotten strong enough to face the difficult side of life and as such the pain is a sign of real progress being made and not at all because someone is less deserving of a happy life. Happy lives are beautiful but they rarely encourage real growth and rather promote living within the confines of the status quo. That said, some lives are spent in support of others as they face more challenging lives or even as a challenger for someone else to face what they need to work on and some lives are spent doing the hard work. In the realm of eternity this human life we are experiencing is extremely temporary even if it feels like forever. In any event, my belief that a person in pain means that person is weaker, less deserving or doing something wrong has shifted to the total opposite. I have come to see those who are in pain are the brave ones. And then again, maybe that is just my ego trying to make sense of my own pain but it makes total sense in the context of a reincarnation system.

Armadodecadron 17-03-2017 11:37 PM

There is no reason. Any situation you can claim pain needed to exist to improve or enhance a person or idea could have been just as intelligently "designed" to contain the thing pain gave them without any of the trouble.

It is a spinning gear in a clockwork vast enough to discourage casual observation, and its justification can't be found on a personal scale. So when you ask yourself why someone has to suffer like that, it's because they're a tooth on the wheel, too. You'd be better off asking what the machine itself does.

davidsun 17-03-2017 11:56 PM

'Pain' as seen from one 'angle' - there are of course many others:

"There is no reason to be overwrought or become discouraged and demoralized because of the many who work at cross-purposes and the sometimes quite difficult problems they present. No matter how troublesome our trials, and however painful the tribulations our own errors precipitate, because we are at core Intelligence itself, all that we experience and encounter functions for eventual good, as part and parcel of a learning process. We actually need what is ‘bad’, relatively speaking, to distinguish and choose what is better. And, on the whole, this is what we do—Life does improve, though this cannot be said of every aspect of Its spatio-temporal embodiment." (excerpt from the book I once wrote)

Lorelyen 18-03-2017 09:03 AM

Pain is data. It warns you about something about yourself and the answer, difficult as it may be, is to get to the cause rather than cover up the symptoms. In humans it's often emotional pain - doing something that doesn't agree with one's higher principles (bad conscience); longings, thwarted expectations of others; coming to terms with delusion, et al. Sometimes as we grow and change our way of living we suffer pain looking back on former actions or actions against us and feel discomforted. Sometimes we can never be absolved but the pain can be alleviated a little by pressing forward, vowing never to revert to an old behaviour. It doesn't free one's conscience but whatever's behind it motivates us to make amends where we can and move on.

shoni7510 18-03-2017 09:15 AM

Pain is a part and parcel of life in the same way that joy is, it is duality. People don't feel pain as a punishment but it is an experience that they go through in order to grow and learn their lessons as souls.

davidsun 18-03-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Pain is data. It warns you about something about yourself and the answer, difficult as it may be, is to get to the cause rather than cover up the symptoms. In humans it's often emotional pain - doing something that doesn't agree with one's higher principles (bad conscience); longings, thwarted expectations of others; coming to terms with delusion, et al. Sometimes as we grow and change our way of living we suffer pain looking back on former actions or actions against us and feel discomforted. Sometimes we can never be absolved but the pain can be alleviated a little by pressing forward, vowing never to revert to an old behaviour. It doesn't free one's conscience but whatever's behind it motivates us to make amends where we can and move on.

:icon_thumright: Lorelyen.

The only hiccup I had was with what I experienced as the 'severity' of your use of the word 'never' The way I read 'never', relating to 'absolved', is 'what's been done has been done', so stop beating yourself up about it - maybe you will always 'regret' having done or said whatever, but you can completely stop beating yourself up on that account. And, as to 'vowing never to', I think, as in alcoholism for example, one should keep in mind that relapses are always possible till one's psyche<and>nervous system constitution are completely changed; so 'committing' or 'dedicating' strikes me as being more appropriate than 'vowing', which sets one up for more self-flagellation (pain) if one does 'relapse' do to speak.

DoctorStrange 18-03-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellabomer
I have seen that no matter how much good of a person you are, you can't escape pain. But sometimes, the pain does not seem to end for some people. One after the other, something bad happens and keep pulling down and down. They might be the purest people, and yet they go through so much hurt. People say that committing suicide is sin, but why does universe give so much pain to the people, that they end up taking such a drastic step? Whereas there are some people, very bad and evil, but they manage to live a life without feeling anything. Isn't it better to be emotionless and apathetic than to feel so much that living everyday becomes hard?

We live in a duality matrix where we experience everything on different levels at different times.

Good people will experience suffering. Bad people will experience good times. It's how the duality of this existence works.

Trick is to endure and learn. No matter how bad.

Podshell 19-03-2017 06:48 AM

I was on a forum recently where members were saying how wicked Mother Theresa was, one of their reasons being that she claimed suffering was a gift from God, that wisdom of the saint helped me greatly.