Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   North American Indigenous Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Medicine Bags (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103110)

Buffalo 04-07-2016 02:47 PM

Medicine Bags

Hello. I have a question about medicine bags. What keeps you on it? I hope you can help me. Thank you.

Native spirit 04-07-2016 09:15 PM

Hi Buffalo Welcome to Spiritual Forums,

Medicine bags are small bags and they include items important to the individuel some carry sage, crystals feathers etc what ever is important to urself they help in the clearing of negative energies,and aid in spiritual healing but everyone will have something that means something to them contained in it,

Namaste

Makoiyi 04-07-2016 11:03 PM

Oki and welcome to Sf.

Something else to add to what Native spirit has posted is that you should remember is that the contents of a persons medicine pouch is personal medicine to them, and as such should never been shown to or handled by others not even friends or family.

Makoiyi

Star Wolf Medicine Woman 17-07-2016 09:22 PM

Hello Buffalo and Welcome to this forum.. I agree with both Native Spirit and Makoiyi.. The pouch is usually quite small and it 's contents may depend on what help you may need from Great spirit..
In mine I have asmall piece of white sage, some seeds for the land and a snall strand of sweetgrass, the last item was a cystal called an Apache tear, to hrlp with grief and loss... Something I really need right now...

Uma 27-01-2017 03:06 PM

I love my medicine pouch :smile:

PlatitudePluto 28-01-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makoiyi
Oki and welcome to Sf.

Something else to add to what Native spirit has posted is that you should remember is that the contents of a persons medicine pouch is personal medicine to them, and as such should never been shown to or handled by others not even friends or family.

Makoiyi

What happens in the event of someone passing? Does a family member keep the medicine pouch and just not look at it, just keep it safe?

Makoiyi 28-01-2017 11:08 PM

It go's with the person it belonged to ie Cremated or Buried with them becuase it was personal to them.

Fremen 11-03-2017 05:34 AM

something that was suggested to me for a first medicine bag was to keep pieces of a medicine wheel in it to lay out as a meditation every day and orient to the four cardinal points of the universe.
after medicine begins to appear in your life, refresh the contents.

Crystal Ambassador 11-03-2017 04:39 PM

I'm echoing what the others say in that typically, the contents are personally significant to the individual carrying it. For example mine contains feathers from a member of the species of one of my guides, a few crystals from the place I call my spiritual home, and a piece of branch from a grove of trees I felt connected to that were cut down. Most of the time they're natural things, but not always. I have a token coin from a family fun center we used to have in my hometown that I have fond memories of. It helps remind me of my inner child. Some others carry things from late family members, it really varies.

Rozie 16-03-2017 10:26 PM

I have a medicine bag that my Native American Indian friend made for me. That is special for that reason. It isn't my way, but it was his way. I think the Native American approach to spirituality is quite good.

I simply keep my pouch on the shelf where I keep my medication. It is always there. Symbolically it is strong medicine.