Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   "Oh, I would like to have that" (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=120366)

inavalan 30-01-2018 08:48 PM

"Oh, I would like to have that"

The little girl, two or three years old, sees something she wants. She could very well be you. In fact, this is your story. She sees something she wants, and it delights her. And as she looks at it, she takes this Non-physical Energy, and it comes into her thinking mechanism. She contours it toward what she wants, and she has no reason, at this point, to believe that it isn't good or that she can't have it. And so, all of her thought, belief and desire go in the same direction — and she is just radiating. "Oh, I would like to have that," she says to you. And you would find yourself moving heaven and earth to assist her, you see.

But now, for whatever reason, because her little friends are jealous of her or because her mother is telling her "no," now this little one sees something she wants, but now she doesn't think she is going to get it. And so, she is whining or crying or throwing a little fit. Now how do you feel? Are you going to help her, or are you going to send her to her room? That is the way the Universe responds to you.

WHEN ALL OF YOUR THOUGHT IS GOING TOWARD WHAT YOU ARE WANTING, IT IS YOURS. All that has happened is that by virtue of the influence that has touched you, you have allowed your Energies to be split.

You remember a time when your Energy was not diverted, and now you are describing a time when often it is. And all that is required to round up that renegade Energy and get it going in the direction of what you are wanting is that you pivot, in the moment of feeling it, identify what is wrong, and then identify what is right, and then focus upon that.

FallingLeaves 30-01-2018 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inavalan
The little girl, two or three years old, sees something she wants. She could very well be you. In fact, this is your story. She sees something she wants, and it delights her. And as she looks at it, she takes this Non-physical Energy, and it comes into her thinking mechanism. She contours it toward what she wants, and she has no reason, at this point, to believe that it isn't good or that she can't have it. And so, all of her thought, belief and desire go in the same direction — and she is just radiating. "Oh, I would like to have that," she says to you. And you would find yourself moving heaven and earth to assist her, you see.

But now, for whatever reason, because her little friends are jealous of her or because her mother is telling her "no," now this little one sees something she wants, but now she doesn't think she is going to get it. And so, she is whining or crying or throwing a little fit. Now how do you feel? Are you going to help her, or are you going to send her to her room? That is the way the Universe responds to you.

WHEN ALL OF YOUR THOUGHT IS GOING TOWARD WHAT YOU ARE WANTING, IT IS YOURS. All that has happened is that by virtue of the influence that has touched you, you have allowed your Energies to be split.

You remember a time when your Energy was not diverted, and now you are describing a time when often it is. And all that is required to round up that renegade Energy and get it going in the direction of what you are wanting is that you pivot, in the moment of feeling it, identify what is wrong, and then identify what is right, and then focus upon that.

one of my problems is, I don't have any wants beyond what other people tell me to want. So what is the point of LOA in that context? Really, if all I am going to do is play 'keeping up with the jones's' what is the point to it?

inavalan 31-01-2018 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
one of my problems is, I don't have any wants beyond what other people tell me to want. So what is the point of LOA in that context? Really, if all I am going to do is play 'keeping up with the jones's' what is the point to it?

It isn't about keeping up with anybody. It is about your thoughts, both wants and don't wants, beliefs known and hidden, fears and hopes, etc..

I'm sure there are things you don't want. Per that Law, you attract them. The only way to avoid that to happen is to think of what you want, and not to think about what you don't want.

But, I guess that your reply wasn't serious.

Melahin 31-01-2018 12:56 AM

Could one not just stop thinking, and as a child allow ones desires to come into being in that none resistant space? Then it is not really about thinking, but about allowing oneself to be :happy8: Or maybe I am also tired of trying to keep up with my thoughts; and just let my Heart guide me to its happiness...

dream jo 31-01-2018 05:12 PM

i
no
wen
i#w
i]
wz
a
kid
i
wz
tld
i
wnt
nevr
gets

Lorelyen 31-01-2018 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inavalan

Oh is that so? Well, I'll try it out.

I yearn to be a world-famous pianist. All I'll need is a Bosendorfer piano @ £100,000, hands with about 2 inches (50mm) more stretch and a magic wand to make me play like Liszt. They're just going to turn up are they? When? I'll need to stay in to take delivery of the piano and wand. Thanks if you can let me know.
:D

inavalan 01-02-2018 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Oh is that so? Well, I'll try it out.

I yearn to be a world-famous pianist. All I'll need is a Bosendorfer piano @ £100,000, hands with about 2 inches (50mm) more stretch and a magic wand to make me play like Liszt. They're just going to turn up are they? When? I'll need to stay in to take delivery of the piano and wand. Thanks if you can let me know.
:D

Probably you're just cheeky here, but assuming you really want it, you should watch your emotions when you think about succeeding, and whenever you feel any negative emotion (doubt, impatience, etc.) identify the thought that triggered that emotion, and pivot it around toward a positive emotion, preferable tied to your wish. Even just discarding the negative thought is effective in a lesser degree. It isn't about the words you use to express your want, it is about the pure thought and belief behind it. Try it!

Lorelyen 01-02-2018 02:55 PM

I suspect affirmations would work for a case like I suggest (except they wouldn't stretch my hand span!) simply because affirmations will override any doubt or negativity if practices correctly and with a determined conviction that they'll work.

Yeah, my example was extreme but it was in response to the outlandish exhortations LoA followers sometimes make like "You can have anything. If you want it, it's yours" I've read topics here of disappointment and frustration when it doesn't work, not because of negativity/doubt but impracticality. Sometimes things need to be done in stages. Sometimes motives need to be questioned.

I've set store in affirmations. Obviously I don't sit around all day thinking them up but when I went freelance I affirmed in various ways about making a success of it and....well, I'm still freelance; not living in the lap of luxury but quite comfortable and able to put aside more than half the money I earn after all expenses/tax. People have been critical, like at the local esoteric shop they claim I'm pretty enterprising and determined anyway...but how much of that is down to affirmation? Does it matter? Well, yes, because I've had to reinforce a few things in recent times with success.

I think some people get disappointed because they aren't opportunistic or persistent enough to carry things through.

Badcopyinc 01-02-2018 04:57 PM

If i think i want a million dollars then I'm using one part of LOA to try to attract a million dollars.
This is like trying to use a car to get somewhere with no gas. Eventually if i think enough someone may show up with gas. but in the end i will still be required to actually steer and navigate the car to that million dollars.
LOA urges you to be in the state of what you want. You want luxury, find the things you own now luxurious and be grateful for them. Then a moment will arises for you start down a path towards that million asked for.

Even in the secret they say its a three step process. Esther Hicks was the one who laid it out during the first edition of the secret.

1. Ask
2. Believe
3. Receive

I do believe that anything is capable through thought but it depends on your level of belief in that statement. why are you asking for what it is you're asking for? is it for good reason. Are you whole? Are you in a good place mentally and vibrationally? Is there any spec of doubt that what you're thinking will not just manifest? do you secretly think like Lorelyen does that its all a bunch of hogwash? Do you doubt your own power? If this is the case then learning the way i said above builds confidence and eventually leads you to learn anything is possible. This would be the equivalent of Jesus manifesting wine into water. but at the same time he first un-learned all the things that taught him turning water into wine was impossible.

Zedna 02-02-2018 05:22 PM

thank you for reminding me to be true to what I want :)