Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Lucifer/Satan, Jesus, Angel? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=121345)

SaturninePluto 15-03-2018 01:23 AM

Lucifer/Satan, Jesus, Angel?

The keys to the bottomless pit.

Well? Which is it then?

Scripture tells us quite a few things, or if not scripture interpretations by ministers.

I've read a theory that Lucifer has the key to the bottomless pit.

I've read that an angel falls from heaven with a key and a chain, and it is not Lucifer that holds the key, but rather this holy angel holds the key to the bottomless pit, but this is no Lucifer, but a Holy Angel.

Then I've read another theory. That it is Jesus whom holds the key to the bottomless pit, that it has always been Jesus, and that it always will be Jesus.

So which is it? Which interpretation is correct? Why are there three interpretations? To further confuse?

Why are there no straightforward answers? If scripture- those whom have written it- never knew the answer, why isn't the answer simply then that it isn't known?

Or is it? I am asking Christian members here, and no this is not to start or otherwise entice some sort of argument. I am respectfully asking for the simple reason that I'd like to know.

What is the bottomless pit, seeing as hell itself is described as a lake of fire?

Whom holds the key to the bottomless pit?

Lucifer/Satan, an angel of Holy status (one of God's angels- not necessarily fallen- hence the wording Holy), or Jesus?

I am assuming this is not entirely metaphorical? Why though would it be metaphorical, Christians believe in Hell don't they?

Which is it then.

How could it be all three?

I am sitting here pondering this question. Finding a total 3 differing theories from my search.

I figured perhaps those here may have some ideas of their own?

H:O:R:A:C:E 15-03-2018 04:54 AM

i'm no bible scholar, but i've read some verses.
i'm not familiar with the idea of there being keys to "the bottomless pit".
is the thought that someone/something is locked in, or out?

i would imagine the bottomless pit to be speaking of "the abyss", which
i'm thinking to represent "the void"... meaning, literally, "nothing".

the "lake of fire" may be referring to a place where 'dead energies'
are dismantled, so that their components may be recovered.
if living beings were subjected to the process, it may seem
hellish... unless it's used as a means to cleanse them from
unwanted energies, in which case it would be like bathing
in healing light.

"I've read that an angel falls from heaven with a key and a chain"
this sounds similar to something i've heard, concerning people.
the chain is representing 'bondage' to some idea, and the key
is the means to releasing oneself from that bondage. it's said
that we hold the key to release ourselves, by god's decree,
since he could not allow us to be imprisoned by anyone except
ourselves (typically understood as a misguided choice).

in christian understanding, jesus is "the son of god". there
seems to exist doubt that the rest of us are the offspring
of the same creator however. who do christians believe
themselves to be the children of? if they share the same
creator, then they are the sons (and daughters) of god too.
(and hence everyone holds the key to releasing themselves
from imprisonment in "the bottomless pit".)

sky 15-03-2018 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
The keys to the bottomless pit.

Well? Which is it then?

Scripture tells us quite a few things, or if not scripture interpretations by ministers.

I've read a theory that Lucifer has the key to the bottomless pit.

I've read that an angel falls from heaven with a key and a chain, and it is not Lucifer that holds the key, but rather this holy angel holds the key to the bottomless pit, but this is no Lucifer, but a Holy Angel.

Then I've read another theory. That it is Jesus whom holds the key to the bottomless pit, that it has always been Jesus, and that it always will be Jesus.

So which is it? Which interpretation is correct? Why are there three interpretations? To further confuse?

Why are there no straightforward answers? If scripture- those whom have written it- never knew the answer, why isn't the answer simply then that it isn't known?

Or is it? I am asking Christian members here, and no this is not to start or otherwise entice some sort of argument. I am respectfully asking for the simple reason that I'd like to know.

What is the bottomless pit, seeing as hell itself is described as a lake of fire?

Whom holds the key to the bottomless pit?

Lucifer/Satan, an angel of Holy status (one of God's angels- not necessarily fallen- hence the wording Holy), or Jesus?

I am assuming this is not entirely metaphorical? Why though would it be metaphorical, Christians believe in Hell don't they?

Which is it then.

How could it be all three?

I am sitting here pondering this question. Finding a total 3 differing theories from my search.

I figured perhaps those here may have some ideas of their own?

They are just metaphors used by the biblical writers for their own state of mind, they are trying to describe how they feel. Interpretations are personal so you will get different stories from each writer depending on their view of the world.

theophilus 16-03-2018 02:42 PM

The bottomless pit is mentioned four times in the book of Revelation, in chapters 9, 11, 17, and 20. It is apparently a place where evil spirits are now confined. It is not the same as Hell, which is the lake of fire.

There are two references to the key to the pit. Revelation 9:1 says, "And the fifth angel blew his trumpet, and I saw a star fallen from heaven to earth, and he was given the key to the shaft of the bottomless pit." This happens during a time when God is punishing the earth for its sins and one of those punishment was the release of demons. Since the one to whom the key was given is a star fallen to the earth it appears to be an evil angel. He is allowed to release the other demons because that is part of God's judgment.

The second reference is found in Revelation 20:1, "Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain." This is a good angel and he is given the job of confining Satan during the Millennium, when Christ will reign on the earth.

We are not given any details as to the identity of these angels. It seems to me that the reason for this is that the Bible was intended to reveal the things we need to know and the exact identity of these angels isn't among those things. There are a lot of things in the Bible we won't understand during this life simply because we don't need to know them.

SaturninePluto 16-03-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theophilus
The bottomless pit is mentioned four times in the book of Revelation, in chapters 9, 11, 17, and 20. It is apparently a place where evil spirits are now confined. It is not the same as Hell, which is the lake of fire.

There are two references to the key to the pit. Revelation 9:1 says, "And the fifth angel blew his trumpet, and I saw a star fallen from heaven to earth, and he was given the key to the shaft of the bottomless pit." This happens during a time when God is punishing the earth for its sins and one of those punishment was the release of demons. Since the one to whom the key was given is a star fallen to the earth it appears to be an evil angel. He is allowed to release the other demons because that is part of God's judgment.

The second reference is found in Revelation 20:1, "Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain." This is a good angel and he is given the job of confining Satan during the Millennium, when Christ will reign on the earth.

We are not given any details as to the identity of these angels. It seems to me that the reason for this is that the Bible was intended to reveal the things we need to know and the exact identity of these angels isn't among those things. There are a lot of things in the Bible we won't understand during this life simply because we don't need to know them.

Hi.

Thank you theo this is exactly what I was looking for and asking in regards to. I simply wanted the Christian perspective on this, and you've given me well perhaps not the only Christian perspective, you have given me yours, and I found answers I was asking in regards to.

The pit then is not the same as the lake of fire.

Thank you also for pointing out the verses it is mentioned within. I can have a look later at the book then, and read.

Horace, Sky thank you both as well for your perspectives.

winter light 17-03-2018 03:23 AM

Here are my thoughts.

The lake of fire is the body. The bottomless pit is the mind. The key is forgiveness. Jesus holds the key. Jesus came down from heaven with the key. The chain is the unbeakable connection with the Father, everlasting life. Forgiveness reconnects us with everlasting life.

SaturninePluto 17-03-2018 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winter light
Here are my thoughts.

The lake of fire is the body. The bottomless pit is the mind. The key is forgiveness. Jesus holds the key. Jesus came down from heaven with the key. The chain is the unbeakable connection with the Father, everlasting life. Forgiveness reconnects us with everlasting life.

Agreed with you on everything you've said of forgiveness. I can not stress the benefits, love, and unselfishness of forgiveness enough in fact.

But to be honest? The lake of fire is the body and the pit being mind, is pure conjecture.

We do not know what happens when we pass, in the after life. Now as a spiritual being I prefer much so being open minded. This in fact for me includes allowing the views of heaven, hell, the pit- purgatory? And such as a real possibility for me.

Being an individual whom has physically seen that demonic entities in fact do exist myself, as well as having this confirmed (confirmed, seriously) by another, I have no doubt absolutely that evil not only exists, but has in a way also succeeded. Why? Because the majority of humanity, still thinks and believes that they don't.

Even when people who have sen them, touched them, in physical form (Theirs) goes and tells them, yes. They exist.

Well where do they go? I don't know. I haven't died yet.
Where do we go? Well I can not be the judge of that. I don't know I haven't died yet.

You see? Do we reincarnate? Many spiritualists and Buddhists say yes. Many spiritualists and Buddhists also see this life as a curse. I hear and read very often I do not want to be here, I want to break the reincarnation cycle, people are horrible, the suffering is terrible. I don't want to come back here. Well what is here? Here is the planet. My friend people do not hate the planet or have a problem with the planet. They hate and have a problem with each other...

Are people just not getting this? Here let me bold this As a person whom has seen for myself hateful entities to exist who literally hate us, still we all despise each other? Blame each other? Hate each other? Blame and hate ourselves? Curse this earth?

We are literally all we have. Humans? Each other? When I walk into a store and see this individual blocking the aisle standing there. And I look into her eyes, as first of all she is standing right in front of me, will not move an inch, seems to be unaware someone has to literally go around her as she seems to be thinking. But that isn't the bad part at all. The part that scares me? I stop a moment and stare her directly in her eyes, and all there is is this look of absolute anger. But for what, for whom? How could it be for me? I barely looked at her to begin with I stared at her eyes simply to see, but you see the anger, the hatred couldn't be for me could it? You see it was there already when I looked at her. So what do I forgive her? I never had too much of a problem with this person to begin with.... She was in front of me, utterly unaware of my presence, I made my presence known by looking into her eyes, ever hopeful mind you, to be met with this anger and cynicism, that very well was there before I even looked. What was she actually doing? She was looking.... only... at the signs... in the store... seemingly determining where she needed to go... but why the anger...?

We need each other. To live. For hope.

But we hate each other....?

We blame each other?

Demons don't exist in the minds of many spiritualists. according to them, we create them. If we think they exist they exist.....

There is no other member here who could possibly understand me when I say they exist, in spite of ourselves, and what we think. I do not remotely feel we are to blame as people. My brother told me he's seen them physically, the exact description of what I've seen, only when he told me, he had no idea I had seen them myself. In fact I told this to him last year when we discussed what he saw...

They exist. Evil exists.

The question is, will they be held responsible? Every bone in my body knows how violent, hateful, and malicious they are. But no I do not know what happens when we die.

If Christians believe in hell, I will not tell them they are wrong. If a Buddhist or spiritualist believes in reincarnation, I will never deny them their thoughts either. Not so much so because I can believe, but really? I have seen, met and touched demons. I have seen their intent. And I will faithfully be true and loyal to my family (Humankind). God, Plants, animals, and no other.

That means I am open minded. If Christians believe in a hell and a bottomless pit, Who am I to either Judge or Deny them their beliefs? The existence of demonic entities I know they are not wrong on. Now what happens exactly when we pass to us? Where do we go? I do not claim to know. But if some choose to believe in Hell , a bottomless pit, why would I argue?

Arguing is for the immature. And those who feel a need to be right.

Talking is for adults.

winter light 17-03-2018 05:36 AM

I agree with everything you say about relationships and even in the eternal sense. All we have is each other. Which is why I am making an effort to reach out. What other people believe is relevant to me only so far as I can try have a relationship with them.

I can only know what motivates others to be angry by looking at my own anger. So I must forgive both myself and others. How other people or demons are ultimately judged is not my concern.

What I meant by the bottomless pit was not a strictly Biblical interpretation. It is more that the mind is endlessly creative and that only by moving into the heart of forgiveness can we escape that process. The lake of fire is also a non-Biblical interpretation and I will not go into further.

My thoughts are based on my own experiences, feelings, and beliefs. The words of the Bible are part of that. However for me spirituality is a living experience not one anchored to the words written by others. If I want to know what Jesus thinks then it is up to me to ask him directly.

sky 17-03-2018 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Agreed with you on everything you've said of forgiveness. I can not stress the benefits, love, and unselfishness of forgiveness enough in fact.

But to be honest? The lake of fire is the body and the pit being mind, is pure conjecture.

We do not know what happens when we pass, in the after life. Now as a spiritual being I prefer much so being open minded. This in fact for me includes allowing the views of heaven, hell, the pit- purgatory? And such as a real possibility for me.

Being an individual whom has physically seen that demonic entities in fact do exist myself, as well as having this confirmed (confirmed, seriously) by another, I have no doubt absolutely that evil not only exists, but has in a way also succeeded. Why? Because the majority of humanity, still thinks and believes that they don't.

Even when people who have sen them, touched them, in physical form (Theirs) goes and tells them, yes. They exist.

Well where do they go? I don't know. I haven't died yet.
Where do we go? Well I can not be the judge of that. I don't know I haven't died yet.

You see? Do we reincarnate? Many spiritualists and Buddhists say yes. Many spiritualists and Buddhists also see this life as a curse. I hear and read very often I do not want to be here, I want to break the reincarnation cycle, people are horrible, the suffering is terrible. I don't want to come back here. Well what is here? Here is the planet. My friend people do not hate the planet or have a problem with the planet. They hate and have a problem with each other...

Are people just not getting this? Here let me bold this As a person whom has seen for myself hateful entities to exist who literally hate us, still we all despise each other? Blame each other? Hate each other? Blame and hate ourselves? Curse this earth?

We are literally all we have. Humans? Each other? When I walk into a store and see this individual blocking the aisle standing there. And I look into her eyes, as first of all she is standing right in front of me, will not move an inch, seems to be unaware someone has to literally go around her as she seems to be thinking. But that isn't the bad part at all. The part that scares me? I stop a moment and stare her directly in her eyes, and all there is is this look of absolute anger. But for what, for whom? How could it be for me? I barely looked at her to begin with I stared at her eyes simply to see, but you see the anger, the hatred couldn't be for me could it? You see it was there already when I looked at her. So what do I forgive her? I never had too much of a problem with this person to begin with.... She was in front of me, utterly unaware of my presence, I made my presence known by looking into her eyes, ever hopeful mind you, to be met with this anger and cynicism, that very well was there before I even looked. What was she actually doing? She was looking.... only... at the signs... in the store... seemingly determining where she needed to go... but why the anger...?

We need each other. To live. For hope.

But we hate each other....?

We blame each other?

Demons don't exist in the minds of many spiritualists. according to them, we create them. If we think they exist they exist.....

There is no other member here who could possibly understand me when I say they exist, in spite of ourselves, and what we think. I do not remotely feel we are to blame as people. My brother told me he's seen them physically, the exact description of what I've seen, only when he told me, he had no idea I had seen them myself. In fact I told this to him last year when we discussed what he saw...

They exist. Evil exists.

The question is, will they be held responsible? Every bone in my body knows how violent, hateful, and malicious they are. But no I do not know what happens when we die.

If Christians believe in hell, I will not tell them they are wrong. If a Buddhist or spiritualist believes in reincarnation, I will never deny them their thoughts either. Not so much so because I can believe, but really? I have seen, met and touched demons. I have seen their intent. And I will faithfully be true and loyal to my family (Humankind). God, Plants, animals, and no other.

That means I am open minded. If Christians believe in a hell and a bottomless pit, Who am I to either Judge or Deny them their beliefs? The existence of demonic entities I know they are not wrong on. Now what happens exactly when we pass to us? Where do we go? I do not claim to know. But if some choose to believe in Hell , a bottomless pit, why would I argue?

Arguing is for the immature. And those who feel a need to be right.

Talking is for adults.

' You see? Do we reincarnate? Many spiritualists and Buddhists say yes. Many spiritualists and Buddhists also see this life as a curse.'

Buddhists do not see life as a curse but as very precious,

Every day, think as you wake up, 'Today I am fortunate to have woken up, I am alive, I have a precious human life I am not going to waste it, I will expand my heart out to others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.”
HHDL.

Also Buddhists do not believe in reincarnation SP...

SaturninePluto 17-03-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
' You see? Do we reincarnate? Many spiritualists and Buddhists say yes. Many spiritualists and Buddhists also see this life as a curse.'

Buddhists do not see life as a curse but as very precious,

Every day, think as you wake up, 'Today I am fortunate to have woken up, I am alive, I have a precious human life I am not going to waste it, I will expand my heart out to others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.”
HHDL.

Also Buddhists do not believe in reincarnation SP...

Not all by any means, I rather meant those whom believe in reincarnation but say things such as "I hate being here" "I don't want to come back to this planet" etc etc.

Personally I wouldn't mind coming back, or being reincarnated. And I don't hate being here.

Odd for some reason I have acquired the thought that Buddhists did believe in re-incarnation.

My apologies, if I was mistaken.