Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Exercise (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Simple exercise for back pain, toned abs, & better posture (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105655)

alcyone 15-09-2016 12:10 PM

Simple exercise for back pain, toned abs, & better posture

What you do is--
Lie on your stomach with your toes on the ground and your chin rested on the ground, arms extended forwards.
Take a good breathe and out stretch your arms up and forward.
Stretch your legs up and stretch them backwards as far as they can go. Legs will be off the ground but not too high.
Keep focusing on your breathing. If you feel like you want to lift higher instead see if you can just stretch further and not up.
Hold for 60 seconds
Enjoy
:smile:

Noracat 24-09-2016 02:30 PM

Thank you. I will try it today, sounds pretty comfortable for me

Rooney 22-11-2016 09:40 AM

Just tried this in the gym after a workout. It was a really good stretch. Thanks for sharing it.

Espresso Bongo 17-12-2016 01:04 PM

Back pain can come from many different areas of the back and is often referred pain felt in the back but caused by the hamstrings or other areas.

Because of that, the best and most specific exercises are as individual as the complain itself.

It is best to get the opinion of a health profession as to what exercises will be most beneficial and equally important, which should be avoided until the problem has improved.

dianabrown 10-08-2017 07:15 AM

Thank you for sharing @alcyone

TeamEffort 28-08-2017 03:15 PM

I've seen this called the "Superman Stretch" on the Darebee exercise site. It's a good one. But Espresso is right, be careful if you have an injury or chronic back problems.

kellyshane 11-05-2018 06:29 AM

Thnak you for sharing it. I will definitely try it today after workout.

Ariaecheflame 03-07-2018 07:59 PM

I do physio prescribed exercises to strengthen the muscles which support my lower back where I get back pain.

Lynn 12-07-2018 01:11 PM

Hello

Thread is closed .

While this is a good exercise for some it could cause more harm than good. Its always best to consult your Dr. or medical therapist for the best exercise for your body and body type.

Dangerous Practices and Medical Advice: For the safety of our members, the discussion of any practice which may be extremely detrimental to mind, body, or spirit is not permitted. This includes practices such as fasting for long periods of time, sun gazing, taking substances that can harm ones health, etc. Comments that could discourage a member from visiting their doctor or from following their doctor's advice or prescriptions also fall under this. Posts that the staff deem as violations of this rule will be removed or edited and repeating this conduct will result in warnings and possible Disciplinary Action.

Lynn
SF Admin

Shooter77B50 30-11-2018 05:56 AM

I hope this helps

Focus on compound movements which means exercises that work multiple muscle groups. Pullups and chin ups are great for building the back muscles. Do some bodyweight squats to build the legs and core but it won't strain the back like situps and crunches do. When you do the squats do full range of motion for the most benefit out of it. You can eventually do one legged squats and that really challenges your core strength. I know this stuff because I train strength athlete kind of stuff. I also train my grip very heavily. Overhead lifts have more benefits than something like the bench press. I don't follow or do any of that bodybuilding garbage. You don't need that many exercises in your program to get in shape. Keep your workout program simple. I hope this helps