Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Divination (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   What if language never happened? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94632)

Timeless 09-12-2015 08:11 AM

What if language never happened?

I know it's an unreal hypothetical situation, but just think about the major role language and communication has played in altering the psychology of human minds. Without language, where would our world be? If you think about the idea of language, it couldn't get any more perfect.

Since the beginning of mankind, there has been a constant theme during each generation, which is building and coming out with new theories. Our current society is the result of the events that took place long before us. So if you look back in history... what you're really seeing is us. That is our progression. How would we ever have gotten here without them.

Nettles 09-12-2015 08:24 AM

I have thought about that a lot. What's also interesting is various languages and translations. Like if there were a language from some distant place that didn't have the word "should" in it because in their society one would ever use the word should, one either does a thing or does not, there is no "should."

I have also thought that if people had not developed language to communicate perhaps instead they would have developed the ability to communicate telepathically, imagine the possibilities of developing a whole different part of the brain. What if we hadn't invented planes, trains and automobiles? Is it possible that we could astral travel to say "hi" to a friend, like an astral skype? Could we maybe teleport or "apparate" to get around? Imagine the social ramifications of people being able to do that?!

I could go on and on, these things are fun to consider.

Timeless 09-12-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nettles
I have thought about that a lot. What's also interesting is various languages and translations. Like if there were a language from some distant place that didn't have the word "should" in it because in their society one would ever use the word should, one either does a thing or does not, there is no "should."

I have also thought that if people had not developed language to communicate perhaps instead they would have developed the ability to communicate telepathically, imagine the possibilities of developing a whole different part of the brain. What if we hadn't invented planes, trains and automobiles? Is it possible that we could astral travel to say "hi" to a friend, like an astral skype? Could we maybe teleport or "apparate" to get around? Imagine the social ramifications of people being able to do that?!

I could go on and on, these things are fun to consider.

Exactly. This is the type of stuff I've been pondering. Nice.

Daboycey93 07-05-2016 09:54 PM

What if verbal language never happened... Hmm well first lrts cast away the obvious that verbal language would come about no matter what. I absolutely believe that if we haven't relied on physically speaking, that we would be doing it more mentally.

Also, I think a lot of nonphysical communication relies on facial expressions and body language. Like with animals, yes they make noises, but a lot of their communication comes from their natural instincts of each other. I'm not as quick as others to believe they just don't communicate, do maybe our path would be the same if we never started verbally speaking with each other.

I also think its very interesting how past events (even those events that some thought to be useless) can ripple into influencing the future. Even this post can send a ripple of influence.

prasannatrust 10-11-2017 05:10 AM

The answer to the question of whether thought is possible without language depends on what you mean by thought. Can you experience sensations, impressions, feelings without language? Yes, and very few would argue otherwise. But there is a difference between being able to experience, say, pain or light, and possessing the concepts "pain" and "light." Most would say true thought entails having the concepts.

dream jo 12-11-2017 05:15 PM

yep i no oftn thrt of it 2 i hav

Agenor 24-11-2017 04:13 PM

we would be merely observers.

inavalan 24-11-2017 06:16 PM

Telepathy.

Language is a crutch that slows down thinking, creates artificial divides, causes miscommunication.

mihael_11 05-12-2017 01:27 PM

It is possible that we would no longer exist, since out functions would be so low developed, that we couldn't cooperate with others. So being smart and language goes together.
Different is when we would have no mouth to speak, so there is possibility of other forms of communication.

headincloud 09-12-2017 06:00 PM

Before verbal language there was telepathy and this is the most reliable source imho because people lie, listening to words alone we can easily misjudge someone but when we listen to body language and sense the finer energies and vibrations of their character it's often a different story.

Speech is a natural progression of the telepathic energies, conversion of the finer wave lengths manifested into a physical vibration of sound which is much denser and easier to perceive. Kind of like the colour spectrum and it's wave lengths of all the different colours being converted to it's equivalent note on the musical scale if we were to take the colour/energy wave and amplify it.

We've long since stopped developing senses that we perceive we don't need although it's interesting that mothers with baby's under a yr old have a strong telepathic link, they will wake just prior to the baby disturbing at night or they will have a strong sense of what's wrong with their child but once the child starts developing the spoken word and other gestures the ability curtails.

I wouldn't agree that the higher language is the spoken word since telepathy is the primordial universal language which knows no language barriers and to my understanding we're coming around in a full circle back towards this as we evolve at which time the old heaven and earth will pass away, Amen.

Imagine a world in which we're all psychic which is part of evolutionary progression, a world where only people with integrity could be in positions of authority because no-one could lie to us, a world where we see the workings behind institutions and society and our eyes are open to those who are self serving and on the take, a world where someone's drives and motivations are open to all, what a terrible shock it will be to most but a wonderful world is waiting in the wings.