Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Auras & Chakras (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Tips for opening the Heart Chakra? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116133)

KTM19 15-08-2017 06:10 PM

Tips for opening the Heart Chakra?

Back in January I got a psychic reading for the first time ever. She told me many helpful things, including the fact that my Heart Chakra was "not as open as it could be." This, according to my guides, was a combination of not trusting the right people both in this lifetime and past lives.

I knew nothing about the chakra's at the time, and kind of freaked out. My anxiety driven mind interpreted it like it was a life threatening medical diagnosis. This resulted in me doing research about the chakra and taking a big leap, ending up in my first romantic relationship. A decent amount of bricks had been taken off the wall I've built around my heart.

Now the relationship is over, and some more bricks were added to the wall. I think my heart chakra is more open than it was back in January, but I know it's not as open as it could, or should, be. Some helpful tips would be much appreciated! Thanks for reading! :D

AngelRain 15-08-2017 06:54 PM

Mirror work has helped me immensely.
https://angelrainsite.wordpress.com/...work-exercise/

Tobi 15-08-2017 10:56 PM

Kind deeds. Any kindnesses you can offer so long as the intent is heart-felt. So don't do it for 'karma points' just do it because you really truly need to. Even the smallest thing like rescuing a drowning fly. These things build up and start to shine inside us. They activate the Heart (chakra not physical heart.)
Also recognise with gratitude any kindnesses along the way which are given to you. It may be as simple as someone being polite on the road and letting you out of a parking space, or giving you a smile as they pass by.

KTM19 16-08-2017 12:03 AM

I've heard of mirror work before but have never looked into it. I can see how it could be beneficial! I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

KTM19 16-08-2017 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobi
Kind deeds. Any kindnesses you can offer so long as the intent is heart-felt. So don't do it for 'karma points' just do it because you really truly need to. Even the smallest thing like rescuing a drowning fly. These things build up and start to shine inside us. They activate the Heart (chakra not physical heart.)
Also recognise with gratitude any kindnesses along the way which are given to you. It may be as simple as someone being polite on the road and letting you out of a parking space, or giving you a smile as they pass by.

I've been trying to do more stuff like this recently anyways! Awesome, I'll keep it up! Thank you for the advice!

Lumpino 17-08-2017 05:05 PM

In translantion original eastern texts (see for example The secret of the golden flower, translantion by Richard Willhelm, is free on net in pdf, but there is heart chakra called "fleshly heart") take real opening a chakra years of daily meditations. For opening the heart chakra - Anahata - is very good watching breath. To speed up, it can also be done every night before falling asleep.
And very good is to calm the chakra Ajna (third eye) first, but this chakra not in sleep.

John32241 18-08-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTM19
Now the relationship is over, and some more bricks were added to the wall. I think my heart chakra is more open than it was back in January, but I know it's not as open as it could, or should, be. Some helpful tips would be much appreciated! Thanks for reading! :D

Hello,

The most valuable wisdom any of us have has come from our experiences with life. I find that trust is self will allow your resiliance and your intuition to grow.

Trust is self is preseeded by kindness towards self. That is what this heart chakra is designed to provide. Keep it open.

John

Clover 18-08-2017 12:22 PM

Meditation and music has probably been most effective.

Journal writing..

I wouldn't force to make it happen, just stay present and whatever arises be anger, hurt, pain, joy work with that emotion at that particular time. All this is within you germinates on time when it needs to..

AngelRain 18-08-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clover
Meditation and music has probably been most effective.

Journal writing..

I wouldn't force to make it happen, just stay present and whatever arises be anger, hurt, pain, joy work with that emotion at that particular time. All this is within you germinates on time when it needs to..

This. Do not fight the emotions that come up. Fear, hurt, anger, let it flow through your body and don't fight it.

Panda 20-08-2017 11:31 PM

I recently found out that my heart shakra is closed (or at least partially closed) too; and I'm not surprised with all that's happened lately. My friend suggested that I take a yoga class to help remedy this. So I signed up for a 8 week Wednesday yoga class called Gentle/Restorative yoga.