Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Anyone else an Omnist? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=121053)

oookiritokunooo 01-03-2018 04:06 AM

Anyone else an Omnist?

Just out of complete and plain curiosity is anyone else here on this site believe in all gods and respect every religion or am I just weird? Feel free to add why you believe or don't believe in Omism as well. :)

Lorelyen 01-03-2018 07:52 AM

Depends. If you believe all religions and individual spiritual paths lead to the same Godhead or One True Creator then it would follow that all names of God are synonymous anyway.

Many short-cut the religions, happier to go to the top looking for the One True Creator. At the same time, many are respectful of all religions which can be seen in various ways - arms of control, reactions against other religions etc.

HereAndNow 02-03-2018 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oookiritokunooo
Just out of complete and plain curiosity is anyone else here on this site believe in all gods and respect every religion or am I just weird? Feel free to add why you believe or don't believe in Omism as well. :)

I personally don't care if someone believes in one God or all of them. Most Indians for example believe in many different gods and worship many different gods. What's more important in my opinion is whether your beliefs help you to live in a more harmonious, wise and compassionate way or not. Our actions are what counts ... how we live our day-to-day lives, and not what anyone believes.
The only area where I think i's not very practical to believe in everyone and everything is spiritual practice ... if you are interested in some kind of spiritual discipline. Different teachers/religions/gods give different instructions and advice about how and what to practice ... sometimes advice that contradicts each other ... you can respect all the teachings but for practical purposes you cannot follow them all at the same time I guess ... you have to make some choices :)
Om shanti!

inavalan 03-03-2018 01:14 AM

Quote:

To make a statement as you did, I would need to have some basic knowledge of all religions, which seems impossible. I suspect that you just want to be a good person, and believe that to be the way. I don't think so.

oookiritokunooo 03-03-2018 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inavalan
To make a statement as you did, I would need to have some basic knowledge of all religions, which seems impossible. I suspect that you just want to be a good person, and believe that to be the way. I don't think so.

No, it just happened to be a truth that I have came across in my journey. Although I do wish to be a good person that doesn't always happen and probably never will. I have came across many angels such as seraphims and cherubims they've confirmed this but with a little bit of a twist that a specific god might not exist as that true name but of another god or angel fulfilling this role. You don't have to believe it at and I also believe there is no one true way. This world is whatever you make it and whatever you wish it to be. All truths are really just distractions from feeling like a void of emptiness in my opinion.

oookiritokunooo 03-03-2018 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereAndNow
I personally don't care if someone believes in one God or all of them. Most Indians for example believe in many different gods and worship many different gods. What's more important in my opinion is whether your beliefs help you to live in a more harmonious, wise and compassionate way or not. Our actions are what counts ... how we live our day-to-day lives, and not what anyone believes.
The only area where I think i's not very practical to believe in everyone and everything is spiritual practice ... if you are interested in some kind of spiritual discipline. Different teachers/religions/gods give different instructions and advice about how and what to practice ... sometimes advice that contradicts each other ... you can respect all the teachings but for practical purposes you cannot follow them all at the same time I guess ... you have to make some choices :)
Om shanti!

I don't really practice a certain religion more than others I'm pretty independent on that clause. I don't really "Discipline" myself while meditating, as of right now I am working on my third eye for many reasons including my purpose before many other chakras. Sadly, I have to take a break as I've learned too much for my mental state so I'm just here for the chatter lol.

Ghost_Rider_1970 04-03-2018 11:55 AM

From my viewpoint I believe that everyone and everything is God; Source; the Divine Energy beyond the limitations of a given religion or belief system.

It is therefore our Free Will in each of us that allows us to decide what religion or belief system we want to adopt for ourselves. The real key being that no matter what we believe, it having acceptance of others for who they are and what they believe is right for them :)

7luminaries 08-03-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

No, it just happened to be a truth that I have came across in my journey. Although I do wish to be a good person that doesn't always happen and probably never will. I have came across many angels such as seraphims and cherubims they've confirmed this but with a little bit of a twist that a specific god might not exist as that true name but of another god or angel fulfilling this role. You don't have to believe it at and I also believe there is no one true way. This world is whatever you make it and whatever you wish it to be. All truths are really just distractions from feeling like a void of emptiness in my opinion.

Hello Oooki...
This resonates and for a reason I'd like to draw out. There is an aspect of truth to this, and it has to do with the nature of self-aware sentience.
For self-aware sentient beings like humanity, we are innately capable of thought, reflection, and choice. We do these things naturally and with ease all day, every day, in fact.

And because of this -- our nature and capabilities as self-aware, sentient beings -- we are responsible both individually and collectively for our (so-called) intangible manifestations such as intent, thought, energy, and perspectives or orientations on life...as well as for our concrete manifestations, i.e., our words, our actions/choices taken, and our relationships with one another, with Gaia, and with self/Source.

Our search for knowing, as in direct apprehension or illumination, is IMO a core aspect of our humanity. Clarity on this arises IMO as we take ownership of our journeys, both individually and collectively. From this point we see just how much what we believe, say, and do really does matter, deeply and broadly and for always...as the essense of who we are and all we do exists not only in this now moment but in all now moments. The love we are and the love we do and share matters.

Ultimately IMO much of this and of what is can only be apprehended via the heart-led consciousness, from a place of lovingkindness and equanimity. But the mind tries to follow as best it can :D

Peace & blessings :hug3:
7L

Gracey 08-03-2018 06:55 PM

I love all religions, studied all of them and see truth in all of them, yet follow none. I follow my own path as a mystic.

oookiritokunooo 08-03-2018 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracey
I love all religions, studied all of them and see truth in all of them, yet follow none. I follow my own path as a mystic.

There's no way one can study all religions, maybe all mainstream ones but what about Lithuanian and all of the lowkey ocult like followers?