Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What is the wildest music you know? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=39084)

Mystik 13-06-2013 05:03 AM

Send me a pm with the track listing(the names of the songs) please. Thanks. ;)

Honza 13-06-2013 07:23 AM

Hi Mystik,

The first song is Larks Tongues In Aspic pt 1, the last song is Larks Tongues In Aspic pt 2. There is song # 3 called Exiles. Its definitely the right album. I wouldn't make a mistake like that.

Mystik 13-06-2013 04:24 PM

Ok. Well, all I can say is that if you give it a chance it will grow on you(especially if you are looking for something "wild." )It's an awesome record. I like it better than the other two KC albums you have. If you like upbeat I would suggest the other two from the Adrian Belew era. YOu already have Discipline so next I would suggest Three of a perfect pair and then Beat. You should be able to listen to them on youtube before you buy.

So what are some of these albums you used to smoke to back in the day. Just wondering.

Honza 13-06-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystik
So what are some of these albums you used to smoke to back in the day. Just wondering.

LOL.

Steve Hillage, Gong, Here & Now, Hawkwind, Frank Zappa, Floyd, Led Zep & King Crimson.....

I still like all these bands today and still listen to them occasionally. They bring back good memories..... :wink: What put me off Larks Tongues was that it is so 'mellow' and dreamy....I need a little more bite. I'll give Three Of and Beat a try like you suggest.

Honza 13-06-2013 10:51 PM

Hi Mystik,

I just discovered Three Of A Perfect Pair and Beat are considered a trilogy along with Discipline; with all three of them being released in the early 80's. They may be worth me buying them. Thanks.

Meanwhile I just ordered In The Court 40th Anniversary Remastered Edition! Its all good stuff. I will give Larks Tongues another try too.

Mystik 14-06-2013 03:29 AM

I'm surprised you don't remember Lark's tongues in aspic from back in the day assuming you were into all those bands when they were new. I know of most of them and have seen Steve Hillage and Hawkwind live(and King Crimson too). If you are into pscyh stuff I would recommend some of the earlier stuff by Porcupine Tree. Maybe not upbeat and they eventually turned a bit heavier later on but I would say start with Stupid Dream or Lightbulb Sun. Both have a dreamy quality like Floyd but without the excessive psychedelia of their earliest stuff. Then move backwards. Try their stuff out on youtube first.

Honza 14-06-2013 09:15 AM

Porcupine Tree & Steve Wilson. Steve has been cropping up in my life because he is responsible for various remasters of old classic albums; such as Warrior On The Edge Of Time. I'm surprised to discover he has a band of his own. I checked out the latest album by Porcupine Tree and did not think much of it. I'll try the earlier stuff too.

Mystik 14-06-2013 08:45 PM

Yeah, I recommend Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun to start with. They are a bit in the alternative vein but much deeper and more atmospheric than most of that stuff. Then go backwards. I haven't heard much Steve Wilson solo but I will eventually. I've heard good things about them. Steve was actually a pretty nice guy when I met him too. Unfortunately the pictures of him and I never turned out.

Cosmical 21-06-2013 11:34 AM

For me I'd have to say Animal Collective.. there is just such a VIBE. When I listen to Animal Collective I feel free and alive... transported to another realm.

The song 'In The Flowers' is one of my favourites for that exact reason.

Seawolf 21-06-2013 02:24 PM

Swans - The Seer

About as wild as it gets on a recording imho. Reaches into the animal subconscious.

Rap is pretty wild, but not for old ears. This band takes it in a new direction and sound pretty wild to me..

Death Grips - The Money Store