Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Problems with the Law of Attraction (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=120505)

Tirisilex 05-02-2018 10:06 PM

Problems with the Law of Attraction

While I am a Believer of the law of attraction. I have used it to get quite a few things. Like Synthesizers, An Apartment, a new couch and a TV. The occasional parking space as well. But I can't shake the feeling something isn't right. For example.. A Hypochondriac will obsess about having Cancer. They worry about it night and day. Yet they don't get or have cancer. I know of a person with Schizophrenia who wholeheartedly believes that scribbles are this Valuable invention. He believes in it so much that one day he was crying tears of Joy because he thought MIT was gonna send him a big fat check for his inventions.His inventions were basically a Title and a paper of scribble. Noone can make sense of it. Except maybe him. He's never gonna get paid yet he wholeheartedly believes he will.

How come these 2 cases do not come to fruition when the law of attraction says they will receive??

Lorelyen 05-02-2018 10:25 PM

If you read down the list of topics you'll find an anecdote about a woman winning a big lottery prize which she confirmed was through LoA. Responses here, including mine, were that if LoA was the real cause and the win was the real effect then it would be repeatable. We heard nothing more about it. Point is, can it be repeated. To be a "law" analogous to a physical law, the outcome has to be predictable.

The point is that a number of other factors can creep into the production/manifestation of a result. It could even be superstition as I suspect the lottery win was about. But that's only my conjecture.

The fact that I've recently acquired a new keyboard COULD be put down to LoA because I a) wanted one and b) knew I'd have it - but it was more likely down to perceiving that it would help my work and going out and buying it.

Some people are natural attractors (we have at least one on this forum) who talks about LoA but my interpretation of the "evidence" LOL is that she does no LoA stuff, just inwardly asks for something and it turns up.

It works for some, not others. Like you, I know someone who is so negative, worrying about losing her job, never having money to get by - yet she always does, has many more clothes than I, more gadgets, etc. And a few others. A guy who works in a studio I use always certain his latest production is going to be dead on - yet he always makes a mess and needs rescuing.

pluralone 06-02-2018 12:15 AM

Excellent response, Lorelyen.

I think there are very, very few actual 'universal laws'. Seems to me it's a term folks often use as a way of creating a sense of legitimacy to their beliefs and personal experiences.

Magical manifestation of one's desires does seem to happen for a lot of folks, but I still haven't heard of anyone reversing the aging process... or even of a single account of someone being able to live a healthy life without eating or drinking anything. There are limits.

txsha 06-02-2018 02:16 AM

The thing about LOA is you never actually know what someone is thinking or feeling.

In the case of the guy who believes every time that his next idea is going to be a big hit - you don't know if he truly believes that or if he is telling everyone it will be a big hit as a way to convince himself because he doubts himself.

In the case of a hypochondriac worrying about cancer and then never getting cancer, I think your fears can manifest in different ways.

LOA gives you the exact essence of what you think/feel. A hypochondriac may think they fear cancer, but that fear feeling would actually be caused by something else and that is what they would bring more of in their life.

My thoughts on the guy with scribbles is that because he has mental issues, his energy is split and so he can't really create his desires.

txs

Tirisilex 06-02-2018 03:20 AM

Hey, thanks for the replies.. Gives me some things to think about.

Lorelyen 06-02-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txsha
The thing about LOA is you never actually know what someone is thinking or feeling.

In the case of the guy who believes every time that his next idea is going to be a big hit - you don't know if he truly believes that or if he is telling everyone it will be a big hit as a way to convince himself because he doubts himself.

I think we can make some assumptions about people we've known over a period of time. The problem is, will readers here be bothered to read a long entire story?! The person to whom I was referring has a positive enough attitude (toward most things, not just his musical work) but seems to rest on having a couple of successes. He expects success but it doesn't always come.

But you've hit on this point - there could be many factors at play. It could even be down to natural affirmation (which is SO often confused with LoA) like a successful businessperson does without thinking, keeping focus single-mindedly on goals and "winning". It could even be down to coincidence - or just reaching a decision about how to use resources.

What it amounts to for me is that it's - well, I hesitate to say this - but, a useless law - precisely because we really don't know whether a result is the direct cause of how people are using it. Unlike if you have a headache you take a favourite pain-killer knowing with maybe 95% certainty that it's going to work. Like you said:
Quote:

LOA gives you the exact essence of what you think/feel. A hypochondriac may think they fear cancer, but that fear feeling would actually be caused by something else and that is what they would bring more of in their life.
txs
So the LoA (which was earlier advocated by someone who has since been shown to be a bit of a fraud) might sound a nice exhortation for those lacking something but as a technique contains inherently doubts and it's limited in what it can achieve. It relies on vehemently believing you already have or what you want to be. I gave an example on another topic in this section. I AM a world famous concert pianist (so LoA tells me)....which is very hard to believe when I sit at a piano only to realise that I'm not, if nothing else because I don't have the hand span to play many big concert works!
So....it's great (and important) to be optimistic but...don't let's overdo it!

Miss Hepburn 06-02-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tirisilex
How come these 2 cases do not come to fruition when the law of attraction says they will receive??

Time? Or timing? Could it be that simple?
I'm not sure.

Lorelyen 06-02-2018 01:46 PM

There was one of those nice moments in town this morning. I was waiting at a road crossing next to a mum and young boy, about 8 - 10 years old. The light was green for the traffic. The boy snapped his fingers at the lights. Instantly they turned red to stop the traffic.

I had to smile. He said "There you are mum, I knew I could do it!"

I said, "See if you can be around when I'm on my way back, please!"

So...was this a magician in the making or coincidence. If coincidence he got his timing right. One magician (Pete Carroll) said magic is about organising coincidences.

SeekerOfKnowledge 06-02-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
One magician (Pete Carroll) said magic is about organising coincidences.

Good one. Really like it.

txsha 06-02-2018 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The person to whom I was referring has a positive enough attitude (toward most things, not just his musical work) but seems to rest on having a couple of successes. He expects success but it doesn't always come.

Resting your success on just a few items is likely why he can't manifest them.

If, for example, someone thought abundance could only come to them through winning the lottery that would cause a lot of doubt and stress within them.

Doubt and stress slow your manifestation down. You have to be at peace and not care either way that something will happen, that is when it will manifest.

Your friend resting on the idea that he needs to have these few successes is likely causing a lot of internal energy blocks that he needs to clear up before he can make constant progress toward making it a reality.

txs