Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tarot and Oracle Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Tarot game - Wheel of Fortune (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94070)

Pandora. 26-11-2015 09:01 PM

Tarot game - Wheel of Fortune

See what happens when I can't sleep? You can see I haven't got much work on at the moment ... :biggrin:

I came up with another idea for a Tarot game. This one is based on the Wheel of Fortune TV game, whereby you have to work out a phrase. In this instant, being Tarot, you have to guess either a keyword or a phrase that is relevant to a Tarot card, which is left by the person who wins the previous round. The key words or phrases will have to in some was reflect the Tarot card (sorry guys, no oracles for this one, as it would be too difficult unless everyone had the same decks).

Each person's turn gets a stab at guessing a letter and the option of solving the phrase or keyword. When someone guesses it, it's then their turn to do the same.

For example, Justice.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Someone chooses "A"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ A _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ A _

Someone else guesses "L"

_ _ _ L _ _ _ A _ _ _ _ _ _ _ LA _

Someone else guesses "T"

T _ _ L _ _ _ A _ _ _ _ T _ _ LA _

From those letters, they guess "THE LONG ARM OF THE LAW". Then it is their turn to pick a card and phrase or keyword.

That is just an example, it could be anything with relation to that card - balance, Karma, Court of Law, scales of justice, etc, etc.

The only rule is that it has to be something that is "traditionally" associated with the card. Not a meaning that you personally have derived which isn't relevant to others. For example, if Justice comes up for your brother, who is a solicitor, that's not going to help anyone else.

Anyone game to have a crack? I don't know how successful this will be. If it doesn't work, we can scrap it.

Seeing as the game is called the Tarot Wheel of Fortune, I thought it fitting to start off with that card. So ...

WHEEL OF FORTUNE

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Good luck!

tealily 27-11-2015 03:22 AM

Can I have an "O" please? :D

Pandora. 27-11-2015 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tealily
Can I have an "O" please? :D

Hahahaha! This is cracking me up ... :biggrin:

Yes missy, you may have an "O"

_ _ _ _ _ O _ _ _ _ _

Oh ****. I've just noticed that it doesn't post with gaps for the words, despite putting in gaps.

I'll have to do it differently. Now we're playing charades, hahahaha!

Three words, first word 5 letters, second word 2 letters, third word 4 letters.

_ _ _ _ _ / O _ / _ _ _ _

tealily 27-11-2015 03:42 AM

Could I have an "F" please :smile:

Pandora. 27-11-2015 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tealily
Could I have an "F" please :smile:

_ _ _ _ _ / OF / F _ _ _

:biggrin:

Adrienne 27-11-2015 04:35 AM

Can I have an E please ? :smile:

Pandora. 27-11-2015 05:14 AM

_ _ _ _ _ / OF / F _ _ E

Getting closer now ... :biggrin:

Pandora. 27-11-2015 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienne
Can I have an E please ? :smile:

At any time you think you may have the whole phrase, take a stab at what you think it may be, even if it's wrong. The first person to get it, gets the next turn.

I also thought, how about for each letter someone guesses correctly, you get to get another extra letter on the next go. So if you guessed "E" correctly (which you did), next go you can pick 2 letters instead of one. If you didn't guess a letter, you only get one letter from the next go. And so on. Does that make sense?

(And as it is experimental, if anyone comes up with an idea, feel free to make suggestions.)

So Adrienne, you get 2 letters ...

Adrienne 27-11-2015 06:06 AM

thanks for the update, ok 2 letters then .....

"S" and "I" please

Pandora. 27-11-2015 06:13 AM

:biggrin: Okay ...

_ _ I S _ / OF /F _ _ E

I forgot, because you got 2 letters right, you get to guess 4 for the next turn.