Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Deepening silence (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=148016)

Unseeking Seeker 07-01-2024 04:45 AM

Deepening silence

The meditator meditates. Maybe chanting a mantra, visualisation or breath watching helps maintain focus, making attention single-pointed. Then that doing also ceases. Sans thought, all that is, is awareness self-aware in silence.

How may this silence be deepened without any doing, since the doer has disappeared and so doing has ceased? Who or what remains, navigating the void?

JustBe 07-01-2024 06:25 AM

I don’t see awareness deep or shallow. Once aware, there is no deepening. The depth to reach it has already been sourced.. For me, being aware, I’m aware simply means being here and now with what is. My being is aware.

Perhaps you might call this mindfulness. Just being present in the here and now. Living life aware of yourself and life around you. If my mind intercedes or jumps around, I’m not concerned. I’m not entertaining anything that is, rather just being aware of what is. I’m aware my mind or emotions might arise, but it’s not overtaking awareness. I simply observe what flows through me as a process.

Nikos1982 07-01-2024 12:29 PM

If you are familiar with the term assemblage point, a point in your energy body where filaments go through to provide you with what you 're experiencing, I can inform you that there is an assemblage point position that's all inner silence.

Unseeking Seeker 07-01-2024 01:54 PM

@ Nikos ~ could you be clearer please? I don’t understand the terminology you are using - ‘assemblage point’

Unseeking Seeker 07-01-2024 01:59 PM

@ JustBe - by deepening silence, what is alluded to is a kind of melding with the void, corresponding to senses becoming unfocused from objects, inducing a switchover to inner polarity of attention, all this effortlessly, with gently flowing agendaless intent … it is not so easy to put it in words.

ThatMan 07-01-2024 02:32 PM

Yes, there's a deepening silence but only from the perspective of day to day experience, where one can notice that it is less and less the person it used to be ( and a person, or otherwise said, the labels are fading away ) and more and more pure awareness, pure presence, existence as it is, naked of all mental clothing, silence.

This is what I noticed in my experience.

Unseeking Seeker 07-01-2024 02:43 PM

@ ThatMan ~ true. That’s why when we wake up from sleep, before mind is activated, we feel blissful, since we are as yet in the heart.

ThatMan 07-01-2024 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
@ ThatMan ~ true. That’s why when we wake up from sleep, before mind is activated, we feel blissful, since we are as yet in the heart.

Absolutely!! I noticed this and even made a habit if possible to take a nap, daily.

And I noticed that when the mind is activated, all the baggage comes back right away and so once again that silence seems to have gone away. Based on this I came to the conclusion that the waking mind is the veil that "hides" our innate nature - pure presence. I've even witnessed the mind being activated, like someone flipped a switch in the brain, literally like that.

Hemera 07-01-2024 06:05 PM

I find it helpful to focus on my breath for ten minutes or so, just to get myself in that space. Then, as you say, the meditator disappears. At this point I tend to lose myself in the colours in front of my eyes. I don't have a sense of the meditator anymore, it's just colour and bliss. There is a definite switch as if the person I am inhabiting has ceased to be.

FallingLeaves 07-01-2024 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
How may this silence be deepened without any doing, since the doer has disappeared and so doing has ceased? Who or what remains, navigating the void?

this sounds trite to me but anyway, who is the doer that thinks the silence needs to be deepened in the first place? If there is truly a void with silence and no doer, wouldn't whatever silence is already there be enough in and of itself? What is it that wants 'more'?