Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Judaism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Would Jesus be horrified with Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=41690)

NIRVANA 05-10-2012 01:31 AM

Would Jesus be horrified with Christianity

Imagine if Jesus came back and seen the christians have made a religion out of him. Would he be horrified?

Would christians attack him as a false prophet?:smile:

You could imagine what he would do with the bible :D

psychoslice 05-10-2012 01:53 AM

Well if he's got a good sense of humor, it should be Ok lol.:blob3:

Miss Hepburn 05-10-2012 02:01 AM

If you read what he has to say in the James E Padgett messages...he
makes what he feels AND details what he said pretty clearly...the parts
Left out for example, also.
:smile:

7luminaries 13-01-2013 09:07 PM

Very interesting Miss H.
I took a quick look...clipped below from the site listed...and I'll have to read more later.
http://www.divinetruth.com/PDF/Peopl...Volume%201.pdf

I am not up on these sorts of things and I appreciate the mention :)
Aside from the bolded part, these otherwise appear to be calls to walk with God, to self-examine and to strive to manifest your higher selves in your lives (to turn toward the good) and to live with integrity, all of which are common themes in the Jewish bible.
I still have a hard time accepting the bolded statement as something that would come from the mouth of a Jew...
and I believe Rev. Keith in fact had said these aspects are thought by academic biblical scholars to have been attributed to Jesus the man after his death & by others, and not by him. That sits much better with my understanding of a pious Jew, which he was supposed to have been, for all his perceived mystical eccentricities.
But otherwise, the rest appears to be exhortations to cleave to the Divine and work on the self :) All good things!
Thanks again for the source.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Quote:

It showed that in this development of soul Jesus was indeed his
Father's true Son, not in the metaphysical and mysterious way of a hypothetical virgin birth, but through the Holy
Spirit, that agency of the Father which conveys His Love into the souls of His creatures who seek it in earnest prayer.
It brings to light that Jesus was born of Mary and Joseph, of human parents like other human beings, but that he was
none the less the Messiah promised to the Hebrews and to mankind in the Old Testament
. For wherever he taught the
"glad tidings" that God's Love was available, and that it was this Love which bestowed immortality upon the soul
filled with this Love, Jesus brought with him the nature of God — the Kingdom of God. At the same time Jesus tells
us that neither was he God, nor was his mother Mary the mother of God, nor a virgin after her marriage to Joseph, but
that she was in truth the mother of eight children, of which he was the eldest, and that he had four brothers and three
sisters in the flesh, and not cousins, as some versions of the Bible relate.

In addition, he relates that he did not come to die on a cross, nor did, or does, his shed blood bring remission of
sins. He also shatters the time honored statements now found in the New Testament that he ever instituted a bread and
wine sacrament on the eve of his arrest at the Last Supper. This pious statement, he declares, was never his, nor did
any of his apostles or disciples ever teach it, but was inserted about a century later so that such a doctrine might accord
with the ideas then prevalent among the Greek converts to Christianity. Communion with the Heavenly Father can
never take place through the mistaken notion that he had to be impaled on a cross by Roman soldiers, on the order of
Pilate, the Procurator of Judaea, and in accord with the uncomprehending high priests, so that he could appear as a
sacrifice for sin. There is no sacrifice for sin, affirms Jesus, and his dried up blood cannot do what only man himself
must do, by turning in repentance and prayer to the Heavenly Father, to effect that change in his heart whereby his
soul will give up evil and sin, and embrace what is righteous. The Father's help in the elimination of sin from the
human soul is His Divine Love which, on entering the soul through prayer, removes sin and error from that soul and
provides not only purification but its transformation into a divine soul, at-one with the Father's great soul in nature.
This real communion, which Jesus himself had achieved, is, he declares, the only communion between God and His
children, which He has provided for their salvation and eternal life with Him. The vicarious atonement, Jesus states, is
a myth, and its appearance in the New Testament is one of many false statements inserted therein to make it harmonize
with later concepts concerning his relationship to the Father, which these later Greek and Roman copyists did not
understand

ZechariahBenDovid 18-04-2013 11:19 PM

Yes. He would.

knightofalbion 18-04-2013 11:28 PM

He'd be horrified at the distorted Churchianity that masquerades in its name.

Time 19-04-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightofalbion
He'd be horrified at the distorted Churchianity that masquerades in its name.

Wow knight, we agree on something :icon_eek: LOL

This is the way I see it. The whole temple thing, would look like a tea party compared to what he would do today (of course if you believe in it :P )

running 19-04-2013 05:32 PM

Let's look at history. I feel any sane person would be horrified. Unless one was ok with killing, torturing, and destroying cultures that don't bow to him.

Heck, I'm sick of looking at billboards telling me I'm going to hell. Persecution comes in many ways. This being another.

Amilius777 20-04-2013 12:06 AM

Amen Running!

I think all the masters of so many religions- Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, Moses, and such are all depressed with the state of humanity and what religion has done.

Christopher Hitchens the journalist had a point and it's true.

The Boston thing going on right now is evidence of Hitchens' remark:

"If you want to make a moral person do and say disgusting things and acts just give him or her a religion and cult to worship".

Tobi 20-04-2013 12:31 AM

I think He probably would....but....

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoslice
Well if he's got a good sense of humor, it should be Ok lol.:blob3:

...This is always a happy possibility!

psychoslice 20-04-2013 12:40 AM

But really, who cares what Jesus thinks, it is how we think that really matters, if we don't like the way it is, if it is causing problems, then its up to us to voice our onion and try to stop anything silly happening.

Scattered Sheep 30-04-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIRVANA
Imagine if Jesus came back and seen the christians have made a religion out of him. Would he be horrified?

Would christians attack him as a false prophet?:smile:

You could imagine what he would do with the bible :D

His proper name is Yahshua and the word Christian is refered to in Scripture in a derogatory way, no Yahshua does not experience horror, but He disapproves of those who remain ignorant to what He is saying and what His Father who is YHWH is saying through Him. If Christians saw Him, they would not recognize Him. They are looking for one who did away with Torah and so forth...He is of course Torah observant..The Christians are searching for who they are, that's all....Shalom.

Scattered Sheep 03-05-2013 09:49 AM

Yahshua hates division, yes.

Yahshua is not at all pleased with Christianity to answer your question, they have done nothing but confound, divide and further scatter His people. YHWH is calling out to all His people and many are starting to respond..it is just a matter of time, House of Y'hudah do not be dismayed by them, pay no attention, look to YHWH for His Salvation is near you...Shalom.

Amilius777 07-05-2013 03:09 AM

I don't think people like Jesus care about certain things like this.

If the religion is getting you closer and closer to the Consciousness (Holy Spirit) that was manifested in him then why would he care?

But you have to remember even though Jesus was a very spiritual man, he was also very religious. He didn't intend to create a new religion. He came to give Judaism a new level of consciousness, a higher level than before- that could impact the whole world and history.

Mankind took this opportunity and turned into a religion- Christianity.

Judaism on the other hand didn't begin as a religion. It was a group of Semites who had a strong "Covenant" relationship with a Supreme Being. Over time, rituals and religious rites festered into the Jewish People after Moses and so on. But Jesus was very much Jewish which was a very mystical tradition.

Catholicism (Outside mainstream Christianity) is technically a Mystical Tradition that influences "altars- wine/bread rituals, baptism, sacraments" so much more Egyptian/Hindu/Wiccan/ than mainstream "RELIGION" in general./

psychoslice 07-05-2013 03:29 AM

As usual, wonderfully said Amilius, it makes so much sense doesn't it.

Yamah 07-05-2013 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amilius777
Jesus was a very spiritual man, he was also very religious. He didn't intend to create a new religion. He came to give Judaism a new level of consciousness, a higher level than before- that could impact the whole world and history.

Amilius: if that's what Jesus tried to do that would be wonderful. If that's what Jesus succeeded in doing that would be wonderful. Unfortunately things were not so wonderful.

The way you are trying to understand Jesus is idyllic and based on recent trends in spirituality. If it were true then I would 100% follow Jesus and call him Rabbi. but no. Just no.

running 09-05-2013 01:10 AM

Who's jesus?

Seriously though why waste so much energy wondering about him when gods inside you

psychoslice 09-05-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by running
Who's jesus?

Seriously though why waste so much energy wondering about him when gods inside you

This is what I feel also, its just a wast of time clinging to a myth.

Juanita 09-05-2013 03:42 AM

Quote:

I don't think people like Jesus care about certain things like this.

If the religion is getting you closer and closer to the Consciousness (Holy Spirit) that was manifested in him then why would he care?

But you have to remember even though Jesus was a very spiritual man, he was also very religious. He didn't intend to create a new religion. He came to give Judaism a new level of consciousness, a higher level than before- that could impact the whole world and history.

Mankind took this opportunity and turned into a religion- Christianity.

Judaism on the other hand didn't begin as a religion. It was a group of Semites who had a strong "Covenant" relationship with a Supreme Being. Over time, rituals and religious rites festered into the Jewish People after Moses and so on. But Jesus was very much Jewish which was a very mystical tradition.

Catholicism (Outside mainstream Christianity) is technically a Mystical Tradition that influences "altars- wine/bread rituals, baptism, sacraments" so much more Egyptian/Hindu/Wiccan/ than mainstream "RELIGION" in general./

Amilius, I don't know why I'm taking issue with this, but as you have said it before, I feel compelled to comment on it...."Catholicism (outside mainstream Christianity)" The Catholic Church was the original and only Christian Church, from which all other Christian denominations evolved...It is not the only denomination that has an alter and rituals....
It is certainly a mainstream religion.......

Juanita 09-05-2013 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scattered Sheep
His proper name is Yahshua and the word Christian is refered to in Scripture in a derogatory way, no Yahshua does not experience horror, but He disapproves of those who remain ignorant to what He is saying and what His Father who is YHWH is saying through Him. If Christians saw Him, they would not recognize Him. They are looking for one who did away with Torah and so forth...He is of course Torah observant..The Christians are searching for who they are, that's all....Shalom.

Awwww Scattered Sheep--am finally taking tongue out of cheek.......Unless you converse with spirit, you have no idea of what your yahushua thinks about anything...truly--think about it....Who actually cares if he was Torah observant or not? You are neither Christian nor Jew, so what are you? You consider yourself to be saved, but saved from what I don't know..You have great fear in your heart, which is sad... Try to find joy in your own life and stop worrying about the lives of everyone else.....peace

Amilius777 09-05-2013 05:23 AM

Isn't that a little harsh Juanita?

i mean a lot of people try to meditate and channel. I certainly do. And I don't really get messages from other entities.

In fact I have known many people in my own friendship and family who claim this and they are frauds. They have an extremely overactive imagination.

In fact my imagination is so overactive that I could never claim if it were a real channeling or not. I work in the arts, not going to say what I do, but its all connected and may block my perceptions.

But when I think of Jesus, somewhere in my soul I known what to decipher what is b/s that Christianity came up with for me, and what is true about him.

I won't go down the list of what is probably true and probably false but that is just my answer.

One of the things I don't like and a lot of Witches I know do this. They hoard their spiritual gifts over other mere mortals as if they are spiritually stupid because they don't have the "sixth sense" or they don't channel.

Look what just happened with Amanda Berry. Sylvia Browne claims to channel Spirit and she is under fire to be sued by the family. I don't blame them. The moral of this story and news is- "Don't go to psychic/spiritual elitists to find your loved ones. Be aware and alert on your own and do as that man did yesterday. He saved that woman and her child's life. That is true spirituality. His act of salvation for that mother and child, not Sylvia Browne's self-proclaimed hogwash".

Juanita 09-05-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Isn't that a little harsh Juanita?

i mean a lot of people try to meditate and channel. I certainly do. And I don't really get messages from other entities.

In fact I have known many people in my own friendship and family who claim this and they are frauds. They have an extremely overactive imagination.

In fact my imagination is so overactive that I could never claim if it were a real channeling or not. I work in the arts, not going to say what I do, but its all connected and may block my perceptions.

But when I think of Jesus, somewhere in my soul I known what to decipher what is b/s that Christianity came up with for me, and what is true about him.

I won't go down the list of what is probably true and probably false but that is just my answer.

One of the things I don't like and a lot of Witches I know do this. They hoard their spiritual gifts over other mere mortals as if they are spiritually stupid because they don't have the "sixth sense" or they don't channel.

Look what just happened with Amanda Berry. Sylvia Browne claims to channel Spirit and she is under fire to be sued by the family. I don't blame them. The moral of this story and news is- "Don't go to psychic/spiritual elitists to find your loved ones. Be aware and alert on your own and do as that man did yesterday. He saved that woman and her child's life. That is true spirituality. His act of salvation for that mother and child, not Sylvia Browne's self-proclaimed hogwash".

Harsh in what way, Amilius? SS has proclaimed over several different threads that he "knows" what his yehushua thinks and wants... Why shouldn't I call him out on this? How does he "know"?...

This is an entirely different subject..I am not a medium, but I very often get communications from my loved ones in spirit...I totally believe in spirit communication which is why I consider myself to be a spiritulist......

I have been warning people about Sylvia Browne for years... If she was ever gifted, I don't know, but if she was, she lost that gift years ago.....

Amilius777 09-05-2013 06:17 AM

I am sorry Juanita.

I wasn't aware of this.

Yeah I don't like when people say they know what God or Jesus wants or wills. Because they don't know.

And Besides how could an all perfect being (God) want or need anything? What would Jesus need from anyone?

Even though I know nothing of what goes on in the mind in those who art in Heaven I have an idea that is has something to do with self-love, love of neighbor and love of God. I can not imagine anything else since that is the whole gospel of Jesus.

Yeshua, Yahoshua, Joshua, Jeshua, Jesus, what difference does it make? Still the same guy.

Scattered Sheep 09-05-2013 12:41 PM

There is only one name under Heaven by which men shall be saved.

psychoslice 09-05-2013 09:37 PM

A name will never save you, only you can do that, that is your true self, that's what the name points to, not some dude who supposely lived over two thousand years ago.

Scattered Sheep 09-05-2013 09:45 PM

He can see you! Even when your :brushteeth: or whatever!

psychoslice 09-05-2013 10:35 PM

So what if he's a pervert?

Scattered Sheep 09-05-2013 10:44 PM

He is used to such responses:
come down from the stake.” 41 And likewise the chief priests, with the scribes and elders, mocking, said, 42 “He saved others – He is unable to save Himself. If He is the Sovereign of Yisra’el,let Him now come down from the stake,and we shall believe Him. 43“He trusted in Elohim, let Him rescue...

Juanita 09-05-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

He can see you! Even when your :brushteeth: or whatever!

My loved ones in Spirit can see me as well....

Juanita 09-05-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

He is used to such responses:
come down from the stake.” 41 And likewise the chief priests, with the scribes and elders, mocking, said, 42 “He saved others – He is unable to save Himself. If He is the Sovereign of Yisra’el,let Him now come down from the stake,and we shall believe Him. 43“He trusted in Elohim, let Him rescue...

Hundreds, maybe thousands of people were crucified on crosses in that era....Did they all die for your sins?

Juanita 09-05-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoslice
So what if he's a pervert?

LOL--who the heck would want to watch you brush your teeth anyway...:icon_eek:

Juanita 09-05-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

I am sorry Juanita.

I wasn't aware of this.

Yeah I don't like when people say they know what God or Jesus wants or wills. Because they don't know.

And Besides how could an all perfect being (God) want or need anything? What would Jesus need from anyone?

Even though I know nothing of what goes on in the mind in those who art in Heaven I have an idea that is has something to do with self-love, love of neighbor and love of God. I can not imagine anything else since that is the whole gospel of Jesus.

Yeshua, Yahoshua, Joshua, Jeshua, Jesus, what difference does it make? Still the same guy.

I don't know what his hangup is about the name.....and how he cannot be a christian..but that seems to be his "thing"....

Scattered Sheep 09-05-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juanita

There was the point and.........woops.........there it goes!!!

psychoslice 09-05-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Apparently god does lol.:angel12:

Scattered Sheep 09-05-2013 11:52 PM

I'm tryin' to make a decision, between laughter and tears, I know, I know, why don't you ask Him!

Scattered Sheep 09-05-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Hundreds, maybe thousands of people were crucified on crosses in that era....Did they all die for your sins?

Like I said here comes the point and ......................there it goes. bye bye point.

Juanita 10-05-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

I'm tryin' to make a decision, between laughter and tears, I know, I know, why don't you ask Him!

I often laugh and cry at the same time.:angel3:

Juanita 10-05-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Like I said here comes the point and ......................there it goes. bye bye point.

:icon_eek: grab it quick----oops......

Amilius777 10-05-2013 06:10 AM

I wish most people knew how to read the New Testament the right way.

For the historical perspectives I suggest John Dominic Crossan. He is very controversial but very Truthful. He won't dish you any ****.

For a mystical spiritual perspective I suggest Richard Rohr and Eckhart Tolle.

Jesus never said he would die for everyone to go off their merry way and say- "hey look my sins are washed away!"

After he left the planet his disciples and followers tried to make sense of this. He came up with the "scapegoat/lamb" scenario.

Historically Jesus was actually worse than the violent rebels like his other messianic contemporaries. Jesus had a franchise that could influence the Romans and Pharisees to lose their connection. The Pharisees and southern Judeans benefited from the "buying and selling economy" in the Temple. Jesus hated this ****. In fact it caused his to unleash a violent, yes violent act of fury. Jesus wasn't perfect. He had a temper when needed. And we all need a little anger to tell people to get lost sometimes! The Pharisees felt like Jesus was tearing apart the Judean community and their peace with Roman tax collectors. So they killed Jesus to avoid a larger persecution. - Jesus became a scapegoat for Israel. The Pharisees kinda enacted a ritual when they accused him. They purposely spat on him, tore out his hair, and did things they would do to the Goat every year.

But for his followers Jesus was the lamb. He was giving up his relatively innocent self-image (lamb) for a grander consciousness. Basically the false self needs to be sacrificed in order for the True Self to be born. Now not everyone's crucifixion is going to be Jesus' crucifixion, but were ALL gonna get crucified in some way in our lives. We might as well take the right attitude that Jesus took to allow a greater part of ourselves to be Born out of that transformation/suffering. For a woman to have a newborn she always suffers to some degree.

I wish Christians knew that Jesus didn't take away anything. If he did then Israel and the Temple and all his people wouldn't have been destroyed by Rome. If he took away anything there would be no wars, hate, violence, etc. Jesus simply died with our sins. He really suffered the dark side of human nature when they put him through hell on the cross. But instead of cursing them back, he forgave them. So he brought good out of evil.

How did that message get so distorted over 2000 years?????????????

There was no grand divine scheme. Jesus did some violent things in the temple and said many offensive things that got him killed. He "took" on their anger/violence. But it was his own doing. I am not saying these individuals are like Jesus but they were surely inspired. - Harvey Milk did this, Martin Luther King did this, Ghandi, etc/

Scattered Sheep 10-05-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

I wish most people knew how to read the New Testament the right way.

For the historical perspectives I suggest John Dominic Crossan. He is very controversial but very Truthful. He won't dish you any ****.

For a mystical spiritual perspective I suggest Richard Rohr and Eckhart Tolle.

Jesus never said he would die for everyone to go off their merry way and say- "hey look my sins are washed away!"

After he left the planet his disciples and followers tried to make sense of this. He came up with the "scapegoat/lamb" scenario.

Historically Jesus was actually worse than the violent rebels like his other messianic contemporaries. Jesus had a franchise that could influence the Romans and Pharisees to lose their connection. The Pharisees and southern Judeans benefited from the "buying and selling economy" in the Temple. Jesus hated this ****. In fact it caused his to unleash a violent, yes violent act of fury. Jesus wasn't perfect. He had a temper when needed. And we all need a little anger to tell people to get lost sometimes! The Pharisees felt like Jesus was tearing apart the Judean community and their peace with Roman tax collectors. So they killed Jesus to avoid a larger persecution. - Jesus became a scapegoat for Israel. The Pharisees kinda enacted a ritual when they accused him. They purposely spat on him, tore out his hair, and did things they would do to the Goat every year.

But for his followers Jesus was the lamb. He was giving up his relatively innocent self-image (lamb) for a grander consciousness. Basically the false self needs to be sacrificed in order for the True Self to be born. Now not everyone's crucifixion is going to be Jesus' crucifixion, but were ALL gonna get crucified in some way in our lives. We might as well take the right attitude that Jesus took to allow a greater part of ourselves to be Born out of that transformation/suffering. For a woman to have a newborn she always suffers to some degree.

I wish Christians knew that Jesus didn't take away anything. If he did then Israel and the Temple and all his people wouldn't have been destroyed by Rome. If he took away anything there would be no wars, hate, violence, etc. Jesus simply died with our sins. He really suffered the dark side of human nature when they put him through hell on the cross. But instead of cursing them back, he forgave them. So he brought good out of evil.

How did that message get so distorted over 2000 years?????????????

There was no grand divine scheme. Jesus did some violent things in the temple and said many offensive things that got him killed. He "took" on their anger/violence. But it was his own doing. I am not saying these individuals are like Jesus but they were surely inspired. - Harvey Milk did this, Martin Luther King did this, Ghandi, etc/

I disagree, try this perspective and start here....sorry about the words running together, but it is a start.

1 In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth. 2 And the earth came to be a formless and empty, and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of Elohim was mov-ing on the face of the waters. 3And Elohim said, “Let light come tobe,” and light came to be. 4 And Elohim saw the light, that it was good. And Elohim separated the light from the darkness. 5And Elohim called the light ‘day’ andthe darkness He called ‘night.’ And therecame to be evening and there came to bemorning, the first day. 6And Elohim said, “Let an expansecome to be in the midst of the waters, andlet it separate the waters from the waters.” 7And Elohim made the expanse, andseparated the waters which were under theexpanse from the waters which were abovethe expanse. And it came to be so. 8And Elohim called the expanse ‘heav-ens.’ And there came to be evening andthere came to be morning, the second day. 9And Elohim said, “Let the waters underthe heavens be gathered together into oneplace, and let the dry land appear.” And itcame to be so. 10And Elohim called the dry land ‘earth,’and the collection of the waters He called‘seas.’ And Elohim saw that it was good. 11And Elohim said, “Let the earth bringforth grass, the plant that yields seed, andthe fruit tree that yields fruit according toits kind, whose seed is in itself, on theearth.” And it came to be so. 12And the earth brought forth grass, theplant that yields seed according to its kind,and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed isin itself according to its kind. And Elohimsaw that it was good. 13And there came to be evening and therecame to be morning, the third day. 14And Elohim said, “Let lights come tobe in the expanse of the heavens to sepa-rate the day from the night, and let them befor signs and appointed times, and for daysand years, 15and let them be for lights in the expanseof the heavens to give light on the earth.”And it came to be so. 16And Elohim made two great lights: thegreater light to rule the day, and the lesserlight to rule the night, and the stars. 17And Elohim set them in the expanse ofthe heavens to give light on the earth, 18and to rule over the day and over thenight, and to separate the light from thedarkness. And Elohim saw that it wasgood. 19And there came to be evening and therecame to be morning, the fourth day. 20And Elohim said, “Let the waters teemwith shoals of living creatures