Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Signs & Synchronicities (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   What does a praying mantis? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5824)

Lovely 05-11-2010 09:04 PM

What does a praying mantis?

Edit:
The title should say What does a praying mantis mean?

A few weeks a go I saw a praying mantis on my house.
I thought nothing of it but today I saw another one on my house.
Its rare to see praying mantis this close in time. So it is a coincidence
or a sign? What does a praying mantis mean?

LightFilledHeart 05-11-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovely
A few weeks a go I saw a praying mantis on my house.
I thought nothing of it but today I saw another one on my house.
Its rare to see praying mantis this close in time. So it is a coincidence
or a sign? What does a praying mantis mean?

I'm told high spiritual teaching masters sometimes enter into the body of a praying mantis, and indeed I have felt incredibly powerful wise energy emenating off them at various times. I am not sure what "mantis medicine" is, but it may be individual to each person and their specific circumstance. Is there anything going on in your life for which you have consciously or unconsciously put out a call for guidance? If so, the mantis may have come to convey it. What were you thinking when you say them? Perhaps it was nothing more than to alert you to the fact that you HAVE access to higher guidance :smile:

Chrysaetos 05-11-2010 10:49 PM

It's not a coincidence, but just a flow of continuing events.
Nature isn't always as we think it should be..

This week one of our canary males started singing, normally they only do this in spring and summer. I have also seen wasps outside, mosquitoes inside..
Bit unusual, but not impossible.

Moon Willow 05-11-2010 10:57 PM

Hey Lovely - Ted Andrews book Animal Speak is really good for anything to do with animals from a spiritual perspective.

And how wonderful - I love praying mantis, they always seem so wise and are incredibly beautiful! They hang out on my washing machine alot - of all places!:D

Moony :hug:

Roselove 06-11-2010 01:22 AM

look up animal totems, pry mantis are supposed to be very postive from what i can recall, congrats!

Bellasong 06-11-2010 03:12 AM

I saw a praying mantis recently by my front door and then a week or so later a kid at my daughters school came over by me with one he had found. I love them and when I researched about them found they are a positive sign.:smile:

Love and Peace,
Bellasong:smile:

eraser 06-11-2010 03:32 AM

I too have gleaned a lot of interesting information from Ted Andrews' book Animal Speak. I don't agree with everything he writes but I've read it through a couple of times and still refer to it often.

The mantis is a revered animal of the African bushmen and considered to be a very powerful totem.

I also had a rare encounter with a mantis on my patio door about a month ago. First one I'd seen in many years.