Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Is earthly life be an incubated dream of the soul? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114250)

baro-san 12-06-2017 05:03 AM

Is earthly life be an incubated dream of the soul?

Could earthly life be an incubated dream of the soul?

This would explain why we don't recall our past lives, and our between-lives selves. It's the same as during our human dreams we aren't aware, usually, that we are dreaming.

Maybe souls incubate dreams for the purpose of experiencing something. It's the same with humans incubating dreams to solve problems, or for entertainment.

Karmic lessons could be homework or tests given to our souls by their teachers.

Maybe we die when our souls wake up, and our lives as humans mean to them what dreams mean for us.

Could this be the true meaning behind "life is a dream"?

Baile 12-06-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baro-san

Spiritual science teaches that the soul alone determines its karmic tasks each lifetime, pre-birth.

It also helps not to envision karma as a test; as an action or activity the soul is forced to undertake in order to accomplish some externally-mandated (teachers, God) goal. Again, the soul chooses its karmic tasks based what it alone sees as needing for its soul development. It is soul learning via the process of the direct physical-material experience. Is waking each day a test? Or is it just happily stepping into the soul-evolution process of experiencing life?

shoni7510 12-06-2017 09:05 AM

This is an interesting question that you raised. It is possible that the physical life to a soul is what dreams are to the human being but I think it is more complex than that. We are spiritual beings having a physical experience and the time we spend on each lifetime is like a bleep to our souls but very significant building block as well just like it is with dreams.

H:O:R:A:C:E 12-06-2017 09:47 AM

rather than being a 'testing ground', in which faults are improved upon in
an effort to perfect a being... there's also the possibility that incarnated
souls have come with particular innate skills which are useful to this world.
the reason for engaging in any of these activities would be in the service
of joy (in my opinion), since i can think of no higher purpose.

Baile 12-06-2017 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
the reason for engaging in any of these activities would be in the service of joy (in my opinion), since i can think of no higher purpose.

Spiritual science identifies the higher purpose as achieving self-realization; evolving to higher stages of soul being. It is said for example that self-realized human beings such as Buddha and Jesus now operate in etheric and astral planes of existence for the purpose of assisting the rest of humanity in their evolution.

slowsnake 12-06-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baro-san
Could earthly life be an incubated dream of the soul?

This would explain why we don't recall our past lives, and our between-lives selves. It's the same as during our human dreams we aren't aware, usually, that we are dreaming.

Maybe souls incubate dreams for the purpose of experiencing something. It's the same with humans incubating dreams to solve problems, or for entertainment.

Maybe we die when our souls wake up, and our lives as humans mean to them what dreams mean for us.

Could this be the true meaning behind "life is a dream"?

No.

KRB

MARDAV70 12-06-2017 03:13 PM

Our earthly lives are not the reality of existence. I've thought about the possibility of our earthly lives being more or less a "dream" of conscious reality so what you've said about that makes sense to me. As far as lessons from them...I suspect consciousness needs no lessons in absence of the ego. Any contemplation in this earthly life must still deal with the ego and we won't know the whole truth until we're completely free of it.

H:O:R:A:C:E 12-06-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baile
Spiritual science identifies the higher purpose as achieving self-realization; evolving to higher stages of soul being. It is said for example that self-realized human beings such as Buddha and Jesus now operate in etheric and astral planes of existence for the purpose of assisting the rest of humanity in their evolution.

i imagine that those activities are enjoyable for those beings.
(and those assisted are likely to enjoy the help and/or contact.)
i do not see how their well-being would be increased by performing
'agonizing' duties... i intuit that they serve in joy.
knowing that well-being is a state of joyousness can provide
a compass-point for those interested in achieving wellness.
:smile:

Baile 12-06-2017 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i intuit that they serve in joy.
knowing that well-being is a state of joyousness can provide
a compass-point for those interested in achieving wellness.
:smile:

That's a good point. Living in joy and gratitude (love) is pretty much the path to spirit. An interesting way to envision service for sure.

H:O:R:A:C:E 12-06-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARDAV70
Our earthly lives are not the reality of existence. I've thought about the possibility of our earthly lives being more or less a "dream" of conscious reality so what you've said about that makes sense to me. As far as lessons from them...I suspect consciousness needs no lessons in absence of the ego. Any contemplation in this earthly life must still deal with the ego and we won't know the whole truth until we're completely free of it.

i'm gonna introduce some 'contrary' thoughts for you.
i'm of the belief that Truth (capital "T") is non-deniable
(it's not like the many "truths" that seem to shift and
alter in human experiences); it is permanent.
i also believe that Truth is known, and knowable...
it is the very basis for all things in existence; it is the
sure foundation for beings to be.
there is nothing in all of creation that can separate us
from this foundation -- the ego, for example, has no
power to obscure our connection to Truth.
if we experience life as if living out a story in a book,
we can't know the whole tale until it's finished...
but life is eternal, and there is no ending to reach!

i largely agree with your ideas here (to a degree).
i suspect that knowing 'the whole truth' would require
absolute freedom. there are several lines of reasoning
that bring me to that conclusion -- perhaps the most
relevant is that 'the whole truth' exists in that state
(of being completely free [and available to understand
without a fee of any kind]).