Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Christianity - the cult of Jesus? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63736)

A human Being 17-02-2014 11:37 AM

Christianity - the cult of Jesus?

Now don't get me wrong, I think there is inestimable value in Jesus' teachings. He emphasised love, compassion, non-judgment, repentance, and humility, amongst other things, and in my view he was right to do so. 'Get your own house in order,' he seems to be saying - and rightly so. Also, he points the way to the realisation of one's own divinity.

But it seems to me that an awful lot of Christians put the emphasis on the man, and not the teachings. They put Jesus on a pedestal, and act unworthy of him, and to me it just seems like passing the buck - 'I'm imperfect, but Jesus is perfect, so I'll look to him to save me,' they seem to be saying. They may pay lip-service to his teachings, but so often they don't appear to actually live it.

But heck, maybe I'm wrong - I'm open to different perspectives on the subject. Anyone got any thoughts?

StaroftheSea 17-02-2014 12:19 PM

I am going to wait for others to post before I post AHB.

For a reason.

Love and kindest wishes

PeteC-UK 17-02-2014 02:19 PM

Hi Folks..

Human; I couldnt agree more..MOST christians are not actually CHRISTIANS at all - havent got a clue about Yeshua or His true message..Yes,there is a CULT - it is the cult of organised religious "worship" - I say it that way,because the only thng actualy being worshipped,cherrished,loved,is the priests and clergy,and those "within the fold" of course..These poeple have no love for fellow man,only for those fellows who like them,are already in the cult..You have to be a christian or else you are a hopeless sinner,cast out into hell and damnation..lol...

Indeed,these people should not even claim the title Christian..Rather,they should call themself Churchian -for they folow the CHURCH,and its dictates -MAN,and his dictates - and the truth of Christ and the Ftaher is purposefully hidden..!!

Did you know,my mate Yeshua actually told us to worship NO MORTAL MAN,ever..He actually says,that we should only bow to "one not born of woman",for all others are our EQUALS,not our superiors..And He says that this bowing down,is not even a choice,but a REALISATION of Self..If you ever are fortunate to encounter a truly Divine person,then you will understand - they radiate an AURA that literally conveys their source,making us mortals feel emtionally inferior,cowed in spirit by their magnificence...

When it says "every knee shall bend before Him" - it is a literal observation,NOT a command to follow blindly..You encounter Divinity,you truly feel smal and pitiful in comparison..It can even feel like a form of domination..You are compelled,fully,to take notice of this Being,and it is in essence an ENERGETIC phenomena,rather than a thinking choice..They ARE Divine,and your Soul fully recognises this as authetic..

Now any so called christian here,have you encountered ever,a MAN,that made you feel this way..?...Any priest..?..Clergy..?..Rabbi..?..Even met a man who you felt compelled to connect wth..?..TRULY..?..Trust me,until you feel the real deal,then then no man is worthy of your worship..Once encountered you will see what I mean,and wil feel cheated by your previous understanding..Once you encounter true Divinity,then you wil feel ashamed that you once,in ignorance before,gave authority to a MAN who you agreed to place above you,when actually,no man could ever hold that authority by rights..

Yes,there is a cult here - the cult of the pope - a so called divine man,with an infallable connection to the one true god..Only problem is,thisone true god they "worship",is not even the same entity that my mate Yeshua speaks of..Jehovah of the bible is not even the Father whom Christ represents..The pope surely knows this as truth,yet he has you all worship him as if he is ineed divine..You are to bow and praise him as if he is this false gods representative..HE IS A MAN !! No better - or worse - than any of you others..WHy doesnt HE bow and worship you..?..

When you see one not born of woman,you will fall on your knees and worship - gladly you will do this,basking in their radiance and Presence..NOT a command,an observation of an energetic interaction..Their aura will engulf you,you will be transformed in that instant,and yu will understand what true Worship really is..Singing praises - NOT done with the voice - not hymns and songs - but rather an energetic vibration,the Sound of the Spheres,as your very energy,your very BEING raises to become like those encountered,and so your very Being will literaly hum and resonate in a new way..No mortal man is even capable of instigating this within you,ever..Wharever your current notions of Divinity are,they will seem pale and insignificant when you encounter the true paradigm..

Worship no man ever..Give your authority to no one..Be your own guide..Yeshua gave only two rules -do not telllies,do not do the things you hate: Nowhere does he say go out create an establishment such as this modern religion..Indeed,check out the Gnostic gospels,we find ample proof that Yeshua wwanted no such thing at all..

See,the Last Supper as it is traditionally known in the bible,is recounted somewhat differently by the Disciples elsewhere - the gnostic texts - which are actually one on one teaching direct frm the mouth of Christ..Here,this last supper happens as the bible says - except also,the disciples tell my mate of a shared vision that they all had,where they saw a future church,full of corrupt priests,taking the offering for them selves,building power and status for their selves,all in the name of Christ..

Yeshua is actualy dosgusted,tells them in no uncertain terms that they have FAILED TO UNDERSTAND - this corrupt church they envision is the results of their failure..Later after He has been murdered and Ascended,He instructs the disciples more diriectly,giving them metaphysical knowledge iof the true Father,relating it all in detail,true Creation of the first realms,heavens,through to creation of Jehovah of the bible (a demi god,created being same as you or I) - and of course,creation of us here,mortal man,physical worlds..

I have said elsewhere that the Father that Christ speaks of,and indeed,the true Christ Himself;is not to be even found within the bible at all..The chirstian religon in its modern form,is a sham from start to finish..It diorectly contradicts nearly ALL of Yeshuas true message - with holds personal connection to the Father,and replaces iot with a an absolute need for a "priest" or clergy to facilitate that conncetion for you,on your behalf..No such middle man is ever needed,and Christ is VERY CLEAR - repeatedly warns us against this orgainsed worship,teling us emphatically,it is done for EGOIC MAN,for power and status in mortal terms,and is a DIRECT HINDERANCE to the true spiritual awakening..

Listen - Im just themessenger..Im not making this stuff up..Anybody can go red these texts for them selves..Compare them side by side to the bible narrative and it all becomes clear..Failing that - do what my mate actually advised - ignore all the outward religion,go instead,alone,in secret,in silence,connect to the Father for the Self,just as He taught..THERE and only there wil you find your answers - and there and only there wil you find an authentic Divine presence - not in the bricks and mortal temple -but the temple that you build within your own mind..Once realisation dawns for you,then never again will you bow or worship any man or man made idol..

Seawolf 17-02-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A human Being
Now don't get me wrong, I think there is inestimable value in Jesus' teachings. He emphasised love, compassion, non-judgment, repentance, and humility, amongst other things, and in my view he was right to do so. 'Get your own house in order,' he seems to be saying - and rightly so. Also, he points the way to the realisation of one's own divinity.

But it seems to me that an awful lot of Christians put the emphasis on the man, and not the teachings. They put Jesus on a pedestal, and act unworthy of him, and to me it just seems like passing the buck - 'I'm imperfect, but Jesus is perfect, so I'll look to him to save me,' they seem to be saying. They may pay lip-service to his teachings, but so often they don't appear to actually live it.

But heck, maybe I'm wrong - I'm open to different perspectives on the subject. Anyone got any thoughts?

From a secular perspective it would probably seem that way. We live in a world where we believe that the more intelligent a person is, the more reason they will have.. and they will have less need for religion.

Much of religious faith or spirituality is about dealing with the parts of us that cause pain and suffering. It's about believing in something that addresses that part of us, and giving hope. From a secular point of view, people should use reason to deal with their problems, not faith. The secular sees faith as a crutch and as source of unnecessary guilt. So from that perspective faith looks like 'I'm imperfect and unworthy, but Jesus/Buddah/Krishna/Yahweh/etc is perfect and will save me'. But in reality, I believe faith is a very important part of human development and the secular viewpoint is not very fair or accurate.

Quirkybird 17-02-2014 05:01 PM

I suspect that if Paul hadn't been such a prolific writer we might never have heard of Jesus! I also wonder how much of what is recorded in the gospels about Jesus has any basis in fact? I think the less than credible stories surrounding him are grossly exaggerated or untrue. If Jesus was alive today I wonder if he would be astonished by what is claimed in his name?

Seawolf 17-02-2014 11:08 PM

If he understood the nature of people and how groups work, he wouldn't be upset or surprised at all. :redface:

Morpheus 17-02-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A human Being

Opinion, which gets posted over and over again, despite evidence to the contrary. But, what can be verified?
Such as with Daniel chapter seven. Written hundreds of years before the appearance of Jesus.

"13 In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven...
14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed."

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel%207&version=NIV

"The visions of chapters 7–12 reflect the crisis which took place in Judea in 167–164 BCE when Antiochus IV, the Greek king of Syria, threatened to destroy traditional Jewish worship in Jerusalem.[24]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Daniel

As well as the other prophecies in the Old Testament?
Sorry, what was the explanation for this again? Coincidence... or? What with the many prophecies through the ages, this seems a, "cult", to you?
And, not the largest Faith in the world?

An illustrative song, with lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Vk59SHSWs

Arcturus 18-02-2014 12:25 AM

"so you want to know now what K thinks of the world teacher? right? i really don't know, hes never said "who am i?". hes never said "is the world teacher true or not true?" is this question relevant at all? what is relevant are the teachings, who the teacher is, is not relevant. but to investigate into who the teacher is, we have to find out if we can grasp the mind of the teacher. i personally think its something so immense that the brain that says i'm going to find out, can't find out. but there is something extraordinary which happens, which shows, which occurs, which gives hints and opens the door and after all that i don't even want to open the door and say what is al this?" i don't think the brain can understand it."

Morpheus 18-02-2014 12:29 AM

I can help, vecta. Read my prior post.

A human Being 18-02-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus

Opinion, which gets posted over and over again, despite evidence to the contrary. But, what can be verified?
Such as with Daniel chapter seven. Written hundreds of years before the appearance of Jesus.

"13 In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven...
14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed."

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel%207&version=NIV

"The visions of chapters 7–12 reflect the crisis which took place in Judea in 167–164 BCE when Antiochus IV, the Greek king of Syria, threatened to destroy traditional Jewish worship in Jerusalem.[24]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Daniel

As well as the other prophecies in the Old Testament?
Sorry, what was the explanation for this again? Coincidence... or? What with the many prophecies through the ages, this seems a, "cult", to you?
And, not the largest Faith in the world?

An illustrative song, with lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Vk59SHSWs

Are you familiar with the expression 'self-fulfilling prophecy'? Weren't other people also claiming to be the Messiah?

But that wasn't really my point - my point is, that Christians (and followers of other religions) oftentimes look to another, external to themselves, for salvation, but ultimately I think that the most that religious figures such as Jesus and Mohammed can do is to show you the way - and that way is inwards. After all, didn't Jesus say 'the kingdom of heaven is within you'?

What is Jesus to you, Morpheus? Is it only through him, as you see it, that you can be saved? If that's the case, were people just doomed to spend an eternity in hell before he came along?