Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Reiki (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=264)

jeremy67 14-02-2006 10:15 AM

Reiki

OK, so who else out there is a Reiki person?

I've done Reiki 1, and so far I tend to use Reiki for my own personal benefit, having done only a handful of treatments on others. Very often I try to send distant Reiki for various people and situations with varying degrees of success. Eventually I'd like to go further through the degrees and maybe even offer treatments on a professional basis. Recently I've been getting the feeling that this is how my development should go - by helping others in this way.

When I started Reiki, my teacher warned me that it could bring about changes in my life, and that was certainly the case. Within a few months of my attunement I knew that I had to move house, though there was no rational reason to do so. My partner and I moved out of London to Hampshire and are very much happier as a result :smile:

I find that the energy of Reiki fits very well with the energies of Spirit; essentially they are both manifestations of love.

So, at what stage of Reiki are you? How do you use it?

Love and Light

Jeremy :cool:

auricman 14-02-2006 04:43 PM

reiki

hi i got my reiki degree 1 too, im gonna try and take my degree 2 sometime soon.

i dont really use pure reiki for anything, i mix it in with my own type of healing to make it stronger, my own hybrid :)

I do do a good bit of healing on others now, and when i leave school i want ot make it my job, its a very profitable bussiness too. but healing others is always worth it :)

silver swan 14-02-2006 05:28 PM

Hi how does reiki differ from spiritual healing?

jeremy67 14-02-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver swan
Hi how does reiki differ from spiritual healing?

Hi silver swan. I'll try to explain as best as I can, but as with anything of this nature it's difficult to pin things down into words!

In its pure, Japanese form Reiki uses the infinite "soul" energy of the universe to heal mind and body with no reference to a god or the healing powers of angels or spirits, though in the west it is quite common for practitioners to use spirit guidance in order to direct the Reiki healing.

Reiki energy can be used by anybody who has been attuned by a Reiki Master, thus opening up their channels in order for the energy to flow. There is no pre-requisite to believe in anything spiritual to be able to use Reiki.

It's my understanding that spiritual healing relies on the healer using his or her own energy, thus depleting their own reserves and necessitating re-energisation. With Reiki you are simply channeling energy that originates elsewhere, so the practitioner doesn't lose his own energy. In fact, by channeling the Reiki energy the practitioner himself, as well as the recipient, benefits from it.

Hope that all makes sense! :confused:

Love and Light

Medicineman4 14-02-2006 07:07 PM

As a Reiki Teacher, it is really great reading this! Its wonderful that people are learning so much, and enjoying this journey!
Wishing much light as you continue your journey towards self healing and inner peace.
Thanks for even more inspiration!
Peace Out
Medicineman4

silver swan 14-02-2006 08:25 PM

Thankyou Jeremy for your reply. I am interested in healing and have begun to learn about spiritual healing through a spiritualist church. I believe that the healing I send out comes through me but not from me. I protect myself when healing so as not to pick up illness myself. My cousin is a reiki healer and has begun to teach through workshops. I have always wondered about the differences . However it sounds as if the two are very similar. I wonder if the vibrations feel the same. How long does it take to complete the training?
I have never experienced reiki myself but whilst in a development circle I received spiritual healing. I felt very peaceful and calm and felt a tremendous surge of wellbeing.

jeremy67 15-02-2006 10:15 AM

Hello again silver swan :smile:

I was interested that you said the spiritual healing you give involves energy that comes through you rather than from you. In that case I had misunderstood how spiritual healing works, and you have my apologies. Reiki and spiritual healing must be even closer than I had imagined!

As regards how long it takes to train in Reiki, in theory you could receive the attunements for the different degrees one after another and be a Master within a matter of days, however I don't think anyone would advise this. Once you've been attuned to any one particular level it's a good idea to become comfortable with your new energies and give treatments to yourself or others to bed yourself in, as it were. Most people leave a few months between Reiki I and II. I have to confess, it was over a year ago I did Reiki I, but a number of things have happenend in my life recently that have taken precidence over further training. I fully intend to do Reiki II at some point, though :smile:

Having not been there yet, I'm on unfamiliar ground talking about higher levels of Reiki. Perhaps as a teacher, Medicineman4 could take over and patch up my shaky knowledge, as I wouldn't want to misinform anyone!!!

Love and Light

silver swan 15-02-2006 03:01 PM

Thank you Jeremy. Yes it does seem as though the two have lots in common. It sounds to me as though both use the healers body as an "instrument" as it were, in order for the healing to be channelled. When you are giving healing can you feel the vibrations or a heat sensation in your fingertips? I can feel sensations similar to pins and needles when my aura meets with the person I am practising on. We have also done exercises to train ourselves to feel our own aura by very slowly moving our hands towards then away from each other in order to feel the subtle changes.

jeremy67 15-02-2006 03:50 PM

Silver swan, what you describe sounds very familiar. Reiki energy is very often perceived as heat, both for the giver and the recipient, though my own personal way of experiencing it as I pass energy on is as a tingling, the same as when I feel auras. You mentioned feeling the sensationin your fingertips.... Reiki seems to be felt most often in the palms of the hands, and when you're being taught Reiki you are taught that it's through the palms that the energy acts most strongly.

Bluedigits 16-02-2006 06:09 PM

Namaste

You can be attuned without cost actually.
There's a growing movement of free healers.

Here's a link (though don't put your email address in it, unless you want to be attuned within 24-48 hours) for being attuned for free to Usui Reiki:
www.reikisecrets.com

It's legitimate, and they give you the option of ordering a book for additional learning, but it's not required.
A girl I know, just recieved her attunement, and she is still whirling from the energy, but she is happy.

*winks*

Love&Light
-Blu

silver swan 20-02-2006 08:27 PM

With spiritual healing it is believed that the healing energy comes from God. Where do you believe it comes from with reiki?

ross 21-02-2006 10:32 AM

With Reiki the energy comes from the same source as spiritual healing although this is not necessarily interpreted as God. Reiki means "universal life force energy", Rei means universal, transcendental spirit, mysterious power and essence, Ki means life force energy. It is the same as the chinese concept of chi and the indian concept of prana. According to my Reiki master who is also an accomplished spiritual healer, the main difference is that Reiki is as much focused on self healing as it is others and is also geared towards empowering others to heal themselves. With Reiki there are inherent safeguards that prevent the healer from picking up the negative energy from the recipient, regardless of intent. A Reiki healer doesn't have to focus their attention on the recipient in order for the healing to take place, it just flows. However the amount of energy a healer can channel depends on the level to which the healer has been attuned.
I've also done my first degree Reiki (usui tradition) and am doing the second on the 18/19 march. I'm planning on doing the first degree Seichem attunement about june/july time, is anyone attuned to any other traditions of Reiki?
Here's my lineage; Mikao Usui > Chujiro Hayashi > Iris Ishikuro > Arthur Robertson > Judith Tripp > Derek Coker > Colin Kirsch > Sam Webb > Mark Stone.
How close is this to everyone else's?

jeremy67 21-02-2006 12:35 PM

Lineage

Hi Ross, my lineage is:

Mikao Usui > Chujiro Hayashi > Hawayo Takata > Phyllis Lei Furumoto > Florence O'Neal > Jerry Farley > June Woods > Simon Treselyan > Marcus Hayward > Diane Whittle > Taggart King > Janet Butchart.

Seems like our roots diverged quite early on Ross!

The place I learnt through can be found here: http://www.reiki-evolution.co.uk

Love and Light,

silver swan 21-02-2006 07:25 PM

Thankyou Ross and Jeremy for your replies x

auricman 01-03-2006 10:58 PM

how many reiki degrees are there??? (including master)
could you list them all please

ross 02-03-2006 12:02 PM

Hi Auricman,

In the traditional system of Reiki, Usui tradition founded by Mikao Usui, there are 3/4 degrees; 1st, 2nd and master practitioner/master teacher. Master practitioner/master teacher are generally taught as two separate levels. There are quite a few new traditions which have emerged as a result of Reiki masters channeling different energies into their traditional practice and assimilating different energy healing systems with Reiki. The list of new traditions seams to grow by the day, (look up attunements on ebay) however these are the main ones;

SEICHIM/SEICHEM/SEKHEM/SKHM/NEWLIFE REIKI SEICHEM

This tradition, originally called seichim, was created by Patrick Zeigler (lineage: Mikao Usui>Chujiro Hayashi>Hawayo Takata>Barbara Weber Ray), when he recieved a spontaneous initiation during a night spent in the Great Pyramid at Giza. He studied Reiki in the USA under Barbara Ray and used the Reiki attunement process to pass on Seichim. Seichim is the ancient egyptian word for ki, chi, prana etc.

THE RADIANCE TECHNIQUE/REAL REIKI

Barbara Ray (lineage: Mikao Usui>Chujiro Hayashi> Hawayo Takata), claims that Takata gave her 6 (some say) 7 Reiki attunements which she trade marked as the Radiance Technique, (originally called Real Reiki).

RAKU KEI REIKI

This system was deveped by Arthur Robertson and Iris Ishikuro (lineage: same as Barbara Ray), it incorporates the Johre or "white light symbol" and includes techniques such as breath of the fire dragon, hui yin breath and the kanji hand mudras (the first time they had been used inconnection with Reiki). This was also the first system to teach about the chakras in conjunction with Reiki.
I've got to get off the computer, more later....

Red Sky 11-03-2006 12:12 AM

I've been reading over the threads here and find this very interesting. Now, I'm not really a healer of any type but I've been working on trying to learn and when I try a healing I can feel heat in the palms of my hands and sometimes there is a tingling sensation. Would that be more along the lines of Reiki or spiritual healing or is there no actual distinction. As you can see, I've got a lot to learn. Also, sometimes the healing doesn't seem to work. Is that because I still don't quite no what I'm doing or is there a reason that it doesn't work in all cases?

silver swan 11-03-2006 09:26 AM

Hi Red Sky.
Well, I do not know much about reiki, my experience is with spiritual healing. However, since chatting to people on this site I have discovered that they sound very similar. I suppose the difference is not in the healing itself, but where you believe the energy comes from. Well, thats the way I see it , hope thats right!
When you say that sometimes the healing does not seem to work , I bet it is working, but it sometimes takes longer and needs more to be sent or given, if that makes sense. I have not done a healing course, this is only what i have learned through attending a spiritualist church. I have a lot to learn!!!

Red Sky 11-03-2006 08:47 PM

silver swan,

I understand what you mean. I've not taken any healing courses either. I only know what I've read and learned through working on my own. I'm sure I'll learn more from others here though. Thanks.

sennacharib 24-03-2006 04:29 PM

I havent taken any healing courses but i am due to start healing next week with my friend. I havent heard that much about reiki, though what i have heard it does work for people xxx

Kat 03-04-2006 12:19 PM

I'm a Reiki level 2 channel myself, plus I do Quantum Touch and Kinergetics which is a combination of Kineseology and Reiki. I don't work professionally with it at the moment however I'll use my skills on anything that moves and sometimes things that don't move... me, other people, the cat, tree and plants, other animals, insects, the earth, even my car. Everything can benefit from energy.

With energy however, no matter what the modality is, all the energy comes from one source. What differs is what people label that source... Universal Energy, God etc. They all work only when the client recieving the energy wants it too. The practitioner plays a vital role too. If they don't have pure intent while the healing is taking place, then reduced to no energy flow takes place.

For those of you that haven't attended classes or had any attuments, it is possible still to channel energy on a conscious level.. I did it myself. It just takes a willingness to believe in yourself. Good luck to you. :smile:

:cat:

prachi 04-04-2006 08:24 AM

energy and more

it's wonderful to read all that u wrote about energy. i know sometimes when i'm in a confused state of being or am experiencing contraction (emotional/spiritual) i just hate being around people. i feel i'm emmitting negative energy. sometimes i don't evenfeel my energy field when i bring my palms together...
i would like ot hear more about energy and how it works

Kat 04-04-2006 10:11 AM

Whenever we feel negative emotions, fear, anger, hatred even confusion and negative thoughts, the energy buffer around us evaporates and yes, we do emit negative vibrations/energy when we're in these moods.

Often when people are in turmoil, they'll go to someone they know that has a higher energy vibration than them. By sharing their problems, unless that person they're talking to has protected themselves, they'll find that they end up leeched by the person with the issue. This is done unconciously, but it usually means that the person that has the issue will walk away feeling much more positive and the 'helper' feels depleted.

As for the basics on how energy works in healing sessions, the energy flows through the practitioner to the client. As I said in my other post, intent of the practitioner is important. Technique means very little as long as you have the intent to have the best healing session occur. The client needs to be somewhat open to the experience too. As long as the practitioners intent is pure, then the client (often their higher self) decides on how well the session heals. It's the clients body and higher self that decides where the energy flows to, what blocks (emotional and physical) are removed and how much healing takes place in total.

It's a common misconception that the practitioner is the healer.

I can tell you some of where the energy goes when someone's working on me or I'm working on myself but how it removes the blockages, I don't know. To be honest though, that doesn't really bother me. What will be, will be. It's a good philosophy to have when you work on anyone... release the expectations.

I hope that helps you understand it a bit better. :smile:

:cat:

Ruby 24-04-2006 05:44 AM

Hello,

I have been reading the Reiki thread with interest. I completed Reiki 1 and 2 some time ago and would like to move on the the next level. Unfortunately, my teacher is no longer available and I must admit I'm not immediately struck by the internet search lisitngs, so far.

If anyone knows of a good Reiki training in or around London, I would appreciate a link.

Bye for now, Ruby

jeremy67 26-04-2006 07:51 PM

Hi Ruby,

Have a look at http://www.reiki-evolution.co.uk

They were the people I learnt with, and was impressed by their methods and support.

Love and Light,

Ruby 27-04-2006 06:42 PM

Thanks Jeremy,

I had seen this site before but with a personal endorsement have looked over it more closely. It seems well put together and worth pursuing. Thank you for responding.

Ruby

peteyzen 28-04-2006 01:41 PM

When you say that sometimes the healing does not seem to work , I bet it is working, but it sometimes takes longer and needs more to be sent or given, if that makes sense. I have not done a healing course, this is only what i have learned through attending a spiritualist church. I have a lot to learn!!![/quote]
silver fox

I have a wife who is a reiki practitioner and she feels that the one thing people do not take into account in the healing or not healing argument is karma.

I know some people ridicule the idea of karma but personally i believe in this universal cyclic force. Sometimes no matter how good the healer or how strong the reiki energy it is quite simply in that persons karma to have to go through what ever the trial or suffering that they are going through.
You can put energy into people and they may be open but sometimes it isn`t supposed to be cured, sad as that my seem, sometimes our problems are there for a reason.

That said however the enormous benefits that reiki and other forms of spiritual healing can offer should never be decried.

Some people think we are physical beings and while we are here we are on a spiritual journey
when it is the reverse that is true.

peteyzen 28-04-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peteyzen
When you say that sometimes the healing does not seem to work , I bet it is working, but it sometimes takes longer and needs more to be sent or given, if that makes sense. I have not done a healing course, this is only what i have learned through attending a spiritualist church. I have a lot to learn!!!

silver fox

I have a wife who is a reiki practitioner and she feels that the one thing people do not take into account in the healing or not healing argument is karma.

I know some people ridicule the idea of karma but personally i believe in this universal cyclic force. Sometimes no matter how good the healer or how strong the reiki energy it is quite simply in that persons karma to have to go through what ever the trial or suffering that they are going through.
You can put energy into people and they may be open but sometimes it isn`t supposed to be cured, sad as that my seem, sometimes our problems are there for a reason.

That said however the enormous benefits that reiki and other forms of spiritual healing can offer should never be decried.

Some people think we are physical beings and while we are here we are on a spiritual journey
when it is the reverse that is true.[/quote]

jeremy67 29-04-2006 04:49 PM

My pleasure, Ruby :smile:

However you decide to pursue your Reiki journey, I wish you lots of success and positive energies :smile:

Love and Light,

Light Mage 30-04-2006 11:54 PM

I did Reiki at Level 1 a few years ago, although I don't believe the attunement really worked for me.

I've not had any opportunity to get re-attuned but would be interested in doing so at some point in the future, as well as learning other spiritual healing techniques.

Guiding You 02-05-2006 01:45 AM

Lovely replies,

Reiki has showed me that we can trust our strength to take on challenges, and the vulnerability of our heart to meet life as it is. As we gently release emotions which create tense energy in our vessels, we can feel the tender basis of honesty, love and healing come through...

Bless you for all the wonderful work you are doing :wink:

Abundant Love and Blessings,
Guiding You

silversong 21-07-2006 09:59 PM

I don't know much about reiki, but at a music festival recently I paid someone

goodvibehealer 22-07-2006 11:58 AM

A while ago, I was sitting at a coffee shop with a couple of friends, and i had a guy who was a teacher of Reiki at the university here, and he did something and basically he told us that we now have the power to now heal just as long as we ask the universe to help us heal.

So about a month after. I had like a rash or something i wasn't quite sure what it was. However i didn't really pay attention to it because i thought it would go away. So after a while it got worse and i started getting scared. And because of the area it was in i was kind of embarrsed to go to the doctors about it. So I did what this reiki teacher told me to do and within 2 days the rash was completly gone.

I am thinking about taking the whole lession on this myself.

millyimp 05-08-2006 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy67
Silver swan, what you describe sounds very familiar. Reiki energy is very often perceived as heat, both for the giver and the recipient, though my own personal way of experiencing it as I pass energy on is as a tingling, the same as when I feel auras. You mentioned feeling the sensationin your fingertips.... Reiki seems to be felt most often in the palms of the hands, and when you're being taught Reiki you are taught that it's through the palms that the energy acts most strongly.

Hello Jeremy ,
You did misunderstand re the spiritual healing :). I qualified in 1991 and became a spiritualist healer .I have never done Reiki, nor have I had any healing done via that way .. but am open to being sent some from you ...so that I can experience it first hand for myself .The healing you do ,sounds very similar to the spiritual healing I was taught to do, and we were always taught the healing did NOT come from us as the healer , but that we are merely being used as the channel for that healing. I have not done healing for some time due to circumstances in my lfe ,, but as I have said in another post I am more than willing to send out healing thought to anyone who needs them

take care
Milly

millyimp 05-08-2006 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluedigits
You can be attuned without cost actually.
There's a growing movement of free healers.

Here's a link (though don't put your email address in it, unless you want to be attuned within 24-48 hours) for being attuned for free to Usui Reiki:
www.reikisecrets.com

It's legitimate, and they give you the option of ordering a book for additional learning, but it's not required.
A girl I know, just recieved her attunement, and she is still whirling from the energy, but she is happy.

*winks*

Love&Light
-Blu

Hello ,
I have just been to the site you gave the link for .. but it wouldnt let me bypass the email, just kept saying errors you have not put in your email please put your email address in ....it does seem a lot to take in and d be attuned to in just that short space of time....

take care

Milly

kundalini 05-08-2006 03:42 PM

Hi all,

I just wanted to contribute to this thread as I have some thoughts of my own about reiki or any form of healing via the mind.

I have always believed that you need no qualifications whatsoever to be a healer. After all, love is not about outside proof - Rhonda Britten said that and to my mind as the healing powers are also connected to love as well as your ability to have a connection to spirit, then I do not believe you need qualifications.

I have no doubt however that having qualifications is a way of 'earthing' your ability, another words, to be able to say, I have this qualification and this is what I can do and no doubt it also lends a confidence to those abilities.

But me, I have no qualifications and yet I regularly undertake healing work when requested ( albeit, small tasks...sore throats, out-of-balance chakra as opposed to diseases ) but that is because I KNOW that every single human being on this planet has the ability to heal. The only thing a person needs to do this is to simply KNOW it is real and BELIEVE in it.

Also, though, there is one more thing that is good I think in having a qualification. I have no doubts that an emphasis on Protection is discussed so that the healer does not pick up the patient's ailment. This is of great benefit to an untrained mind. If anyone could tell me more on the official schooling of healing, then please add your comments to this thread. I would be greatly interested in what people have to say on this topic. Thanks for reading, Kundalini.

e-ma 06-08-2006 06:10 PM

Hi All,

I felt for a long time that I needed some form of healing, and finally had my first Reiki session a few weeks ago. It truly did help, and since then, i have had another Reiki session and have attended a healing session at a Spiritualist church.

My problem was that I was completely out of balance. Without going into too much detail, my life was a nightmare and I was living destructively, I was very distressed for a long time until I had a nervous breakdown. During that time, I had a 'Kundalini Awakening', and since then have been in recovery really, trying to make sense of my life again.

I felt during the Reiki session that my head was literally being pulled by a huge magnet, there was a tremendous pulling force. After each session I felt successively more normal and my life is now starting to resemble that of a 'normal' life again. I can't wait to go back for another session now - it feels as though, each time I go for a session, I improve by 50%.

Moonflower 24-10-2006 02:24 PM

Hi Jeremy67

I am a Natural healer & a Reiki Master, I am also a complimentary therapist the healing flows naturally whenever I am working with other therapies even if it is not a specific healing, as soon as I walk in2 the room I know if there is energy for that particular person, I listen not only to my hands but also to messages that I am given I will give advice but never diagnose I have complete trust in the Absolute Infinite I truly beleive that many of the worlds problems can be healed through powerful loving energies sent like ripples on the water.. Never be afraid to trust in such a powerful process.. At times the Spiritual path can be a lonely road & you sometimes doubt what u are being given but to bloom & grow u have to TRUST that all is in it's right place & u are never given more to cope with than you are capable of.

A sprinkling of beautiful silver stardust to you all.

Moonflower

rose 24-10-2006 09:54 PM

i had my first reiki about 6 years ago after a huge fight with my best friend ( she was an aries sun and rising, red head and very firey...needless to say i was shaken and really upset) and luckily had this session booked. this lovely lady gave me water and councelled me for a few minutes and i felt it pull my head as well e-ma, when she gave me reiki. i saw colours and felt bliss.

afterwards i made peace with my friend and helped her through an issue that had been causing her to fight with everyone. so it's powerful stuff.

i have been meaning to learn reiki ever since, so i can heal myself and others around me. i've just been looking for the right teacher. but i think i will look harder where i live as it's such wonderful gift to have.

moonflower....would you be able to recommend any tips?

Sada 24-10-2006 10:45 PM

Hi Jeremy67,

I'm a Reiki person too...1 & 2. I love giving Reiki and receiving Reiki. My Master had told me also that i'd probably notice a lot of changes this year...and boy have I...lol But I think it also has something to do with me turning 30...lol

I have noticed that after giving or receiving Reiki and even when I am meditating I end up with headaches even after I've cleared the energy. Does anyone know why that may be?