Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Reiki (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=264)

silver swan 20-02-2006 08:27 PM

With spiritual healing it is believed that the healing energy comes from God. Where do you believe it comes from with reiki?

ross 21-02-2006 10:32 AM

With Reiki the energy comes from the same source as spiritual healing although this is not necessarily interpreted as God. Reiki means "universal life force energy", Rei means universal, transcendental spirit, mysterious power and essence, Ki means life force energy. It is the same as the chinese concept of chi and the indian concept of prana. According to my Reiki master who is also an accomplished spiritual healer, the main difference is that Reiki is as much focused on self healing as it is others and is also geared towards empowering others to heal themselves. With Reiki there are inherent safeguards that prevent the healer from picking up the negative energy from the recipient, regardless of intent. A Reiki healer doesn't have to focus their attention on the recipient in order for the healing to take place, it just flows. However the amount of energy a healer can channel depends on the level to which the healer has been attuned.
I've also done my first degree Reiki (usui tradition) and am doing the second on the 18/19 march. I'm planning on doing the first degree Seichem attunement about june/july time, is anyone attuned to any other traditions of Reiki?
Here's my lineage; Mikao Usui > Chujiro Hayashi > Iris Ishikuro > Arthur Robertson > Judith Tripp > Derek Coker > Colin Kirsch > Sam Webb > Mark Stone.
How close is this to everyone else's?

jeremy67 21-02-2006 12:35 PM

Lineage

Hi Ross, my lineage is:

Mikao Usui > Chujiro Hayashi > Hawayo Takata > Phyllis Lei Furumoto > Florence O'Neal > Jerry Farley > June Woods > Simon Treselyan > Marcus Hayward > Diane Whittle > Taggart King > Janet Butchart.

Seems like our roots diverged quite early on Ross!

The place I learnt through can be found here: http://www.reiki-evolution.co.uk

Love and Light,

Jeremy :cool:

silver swan 21-02-2006 07:25 PM

Thankyou Ross and Jeremy for your replies x

auricman 01-03-2006 10:58 PM

how many reiki degrees are there??? (including master)
could you list them all please

ross 02-03-2006 12:02 PM

Hi Auricman,

In the traditional system of Reiki, Usui tradition founded by Mikao Usui, there are 3/4 degrees; 1st, 2nd and master practitioner/master teacher. Master practitioner/master teacher are generally taught as two separate levels. There are quite a few new traditions which have emerged as a result of Reiki masters channeling different energies into their traditional practice and assimilating different energy healing systems with Reiki. The list of new traditions seams to grow by the day, (look up attunements on ebay) however these are the main ones;

SEICHIM/SEICHEM/SEKHEM/SKHM/NEWLIFE REIKI SEICHEM

This tradition, originally called seichim, was created by Patrick Zeigler (lineage: Mikao Usui>Chujiro Hayashi>Hawayo Takata>Barbara Weber Ray), when he recieved a spontaneous initiation during a night spent in the Great Pyramid at Giza. He studied Reiki in the USA under Barbara Ray and used the Reiki attunement process to pass on Seichim. Seichim is the ancient egyptian word for ki, chi, prana etc.

THE RADIANCE TECHNIQUE/REAL REIKI

Barbara Ray (lineage: Mikao Usui>Chujiro Hayashi> Hawayo Takata), claims that Takata gave her 6 (some say) 7 Reiki attunements which she trade marked as the Radiance Technique, (originally called Real Reiki).

RAKU KEI REIKI

This system was deveped by Arthur Robertson and Iris Ishikuro (lineage: same as Barbara Ray), it incorporates the Johre or "white light symbol" and includes techniques such as breath of the fire dragon, hui yin breath and the kanji hand mudras (the first time they had been used inconnection with Reiki). This was also the first system to teach about the chakras in conjunction with Reiki.
I've got to get off the computer, more later....

Red Sky 11-03-2006 12:12 AM

I've been reading over the threads here and find this very interesting. Now, I'm not really a healer of any type but I've been working on trying to learn and when I try a healing I can feel heat in the palms of my hands and sometimes there is a tingling sensation. Would that be more along the lines of Reiki or spiritual healing or is there no actual distinction. As you can see, I've got a lot to learn. Also, sometimes the healing doesn't seem to work. Is that because I still don't quite no what I'm doing or is there a reason that it doesn't work in all cases?

silver swan 11-03-2006 09:26 AM

Hi Red Sky.
Well, I do not know much about reiki, my experience is with spiritual healing. However, since chatting to people on this site I have discovered that they sound very similar. I suppose the difference is not in the healing itself, but where you believe the energy comes from. Well, thats the way I see it , hope thats right!
When you say that sometimes the healing does not seem to work , I bet it is working, but it sometimes takes longer and needs more to be sent or given, if that makes sense. I have not done a healing course, this is only what i have learned through attending a spiritualist church. I have a lot to learn!!!

Red Sky 11-03-2006 08:47 PM

silver swan,

I understand what you mean. I've not taken any healing courses either. I only know what I've read and learned through working on my own. I'm sure I'll learn more from others here though. Thanks.

sennacharib 24-03-2006 04:29 PM

I havent taken any healing courses but i am due to start healing next week with my friend. I havent heard that much about reiki, though what i have heard it does work for people xxx