Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Affirmations (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Affirmations to help with Schizophrenia (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=115035)

Tirisilex 14-07-2017 01:42 AM

Affirmations to help with Schizophrenia

I've made a couple of long winded affirmations to help deal with Schizophrenia and it works wonderfully. But this is while I am on meds. I'm going through a med change and there is a possibilty I could become psychotic. A rather strong chance actually. I cant wait because I wish to test it out in a psychotic break and see how well it works. I'm writing a book on Schizophrenia and how to handle it and Affirmations is a part of that.

mouse99 15-07-2017 02:52 AM

hi, i would take the new med's and do positive thinking affirmations.

Honza 31-07-2017 10:37 PM

I AM is the best affirmation that I know to help deal with psychotic symptoms.

Psychosis comes from a split in the psyche IMO and the self is crying out for integrity.

I AM offers such integrity.

Tirisilex 01-08-2017 10:39 PM

Saying I AM doesnt reallly help unless I AM means and or represents a certain Idea.

nicole69 04-08-2017 10:28 PM

Hi Tirisilex

How have you been since your med change? I am in a similar boat & recently took myself off all my medicines.

I know how powerful psychosis is & rational thought & reasoning just isn't as easy as it sounds.

Just remember you are strong, if you weren't you wouldn't be on the path you are on.

baro-san 05-08-2017 12:04 AM

Sorry for your predicament.

I assume you know that "I don't have schizophrenia" isn't a valid affirmation. Negatives are perceived by subconscious as their opposites.

GreyHawk58 05-08-2017 01:06 PM

I think it's absolutely fabulous that you are writing your book!! Definitely has Not been a lot of information out there on this subject that comes right from the "horses's mouth" as it were.

Just wanted to suggest a quick read on a different take about mental illness (of most any kind) I have seen more than my share of Cracker Factories :wink: ( mental hospitals) although my diagnosis is different.

It's in Expanded Consciousness ( can't post links ...yet :smile: )
"What a Shaman sees in a Mental Hospital" dated 2014/06/26
It's very interesting (to me anyway lol ) and while it may not speak to You it might offer some thoughts for the book?

Blessings on Your Journey!

Tirisilex 07-08-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole69
Hi Tirisilex

How have you been since your med change? I am in a similar boat & recently took myself off all my medicines.

I know how powerful psychosis is & rational thought & reasoning just isn't as easy as it sounds.

Just remember you are strong, if you weren't you wouldn't be on the path you are on.

My Doctor has raised me up on the clinical dose of the new med and she is gonna start tapering me off the old med next week.. So In about 2 or 3 weeks, I will have a full med switch and I have no idea how well this will go.. I'm kind of hoping it doesn't go well Because I want to see how well my methods work for a full blown episode.

Raziel 14-08-2017 11:04 AM

I find physical activities that force focus like lifting weights or cardio/ yoga are great once you get going - have you ever considered this as a focus whilst changing the meds instead of everything being focused on mind - let the meds do their thing as you and your physical body do something that you can track improvement in?

Abs or biceps or a skinny butt are there in the mirror to show that you can alter if you need too ;-)

Tirisilex 15-08-2017 11:27 PM

Yeah I have considered physical activities like washing the dishes and meditational walks.. I'm not much of a person who works out though.. I should probably change that.