Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   ASMR when meditating? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116075)

astralwanderer 13-08-2017 12:44 PM

ASMR when meditating?

I had ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response, which I have always described as a sound tickling my spine) when meditating the other night.

I started to hear a very high-pitched tone. It was steady and not intrusive; it just kind of blended with the other sounds in my environment. Then I started to have the ASMR sensation. I tried to press through and continue my meditation, which I did with only minimal difficulty. The high-pitched sound was certainly somewhat of a distraction, though.

Has anyone else experienced something similar and what did you do to overcome it?

iamthat 14-08-2017 09:35 PM

There are many sounds which can be heard within, and there is a whole system of meditation based on these inner sounds.

You could always try focusing your attention on the high-pitched sound and see where it leads you.

Peace.

Divine Consciousness 15-08-2017 06:27 AM

You must continue to meditate whatever senses react you must notinvolve in that. but meditation is supposed to do 4-4.30am to 9pm duration.

astralwanderer 15-08-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
There are many sounds which can be heard within, and there is a whole system of meditation based on these inner sounds.

You could always try focusing your attention on the high-pitched sound and see where it leads you.

Peace.

Interesting. I was trying to lessen my reaction to the sound but hadn't thought of following it. If it happens again I'll definitely try this.

astralwanderer 15-08-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divine Consciousness
You must continue to meditate whatever senses react you must notinvolve in that. but meditation is supposed to do 4-4.30am to 9pm duration.

Are you saying I should meditate between 4 am and 9 pm?

Divine Consciousness 16-08-2017 11:55 AM

yes any period in between 4 am to 9 pm is very good for meditation.

When I was on 10 days course in one most famous Vipasyana meditation commune there I supposed to wake up 4 am and join meditation from 4.30 am, Our last slot of the day used to endon 8 pm and by 9 pm there was rule thart light off to sleep.

9 Pm I used to light out by switching light off.

astralwanderer 16-08-2017 12:55 PM

That's interesting. It is usually after 9 before I am able to meditate. I will make a point to try to do it between these hours. I have had the sensation from the high-pitched tone a couple more times since I originally posted this and have found that when I focus on the tone (and not the sensation it causes), it actually helps enhance my meditation...it expedites the feeling of connectedness with the universe. As a result of this, I now view it as a gift and am glad it was bestowed upon me.

iamthat 16-08-2017 05:51 PM

Regarding meditation at 4.00 am, the hour before dawn is regarded by yogis as the "ambrosial hour", when all is quiet, the spiritual currents flow, and meditation is much easier.

Guru Nanak says:
At the ambrosial hour of the early dawn,
be ye in communion with the Divine Word,
and meditate on His glory.

Peace.

Divine Consciousness 17-08-2017 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
Regarding meditation at 4.00 am, the hour before dawn is regarded by yogis as the "ambrosial hour", when all is quiet, the spiritual currents flow, and meditation is much easier.

Guru Nanak says:
At the ambrosial hour of the early dawn,
be ye in communion with the Divine Word,
and meditate on His glory.

Peace.

Yes brother Iamthat, period from 4 am to 6 am is called amrit bella (ambrosial period), during this period chakras we can activate at high level & our consciousness too is very high (includes all type consciousness in breathing say gross consciousness + unconsciousness + subconsciousness + absolute consciousness).

XalosJuryin 09-09-2017 12:40 PM

Thanks for the tip, Divine Consciousness!