Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Going Down The Rabbit Hole. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18007)

Gem 24-06-2011 05:40 AM

Going Down The Rabbit Hole.

What is at the bottom of it? Isn't it that curiosity which makes all this spiritual? Some will have an answer like God or Love but then what's all this curiosity about if indeed such surety is real?

There are two distinct ways... toward God and toward inner self... and yes I also heard 'I am God' but this curiosity is peering into the dark unknown and only presenting a belief.

Why is a belief validated as 'personal truth'? I think we seek comfort in such things when actually it's a ruse, a 'personal lie'.

What really drives all us waskewy widdew wabbits to burrow is the sense of truth itself, so what value is there to the beliefs? They serve only to coddle and comfort, tempt and distract.

Now it becomes apparent nothing comforting in this thread, but if you want to tear things down, have the safety net pulled out from under you, be pushed to the boundry, teeter precariously, be pulled like gravity, feel your grip slipping, let go and fall or hold on for dear life... ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ORlQfHWrQ

NightSpirit 24-06-2011 06:44 AM

Ever seen the tv show "Hollow Man"? Epitamy of an evil killer and what he could do when all was stripped away. With clothes off, he had no substance, so he could stalk like a thief in the night. Clothed, he had to face the world and run like that rabbit down the hole.

We can strip away all that you speak of Gem, till there's nothing left but emptiness and silence. Beliefs are built like a house of cards. One stiff breeze...one false move....and it all comes tumbling down, just like you and I one day. Just like all of us.

So we precariously juggle our beliefs/truths throughout life. Sometimes it works out grand for us, sometimes we head for that rabbit hole...trembling and hiding away from becoming that hollow man.

So go stand on the edge...try it....you will never know whats beyond it without leaning forward and falling.

NightSpirit 24-06-2011 06:49 AM

Reminds me of that joke.....

A man falling over a high cliff face. Grabs hold of exposed roots on the way down and dangles helplessly. He calls out for help. A voice booms out from nowhere "It is God, trust me, just let go." The man yells "Are you insane! Is there anyone else out there who can help me?"

Gem 24-06-2011 01:22 PM

What I think starts it is... curiosity. It's a very gentle thing really, just a little thing which probes, because even though people call it a 'personal truth' in the heart of hearts they also know it isn't true at all... it isn't 'it'... then the curiosity wants to see past this ... 'pretended truth'... we just can't help our curious nature.

Squatchit 24-06-2011 01:26 PM

Hiya Gem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gem
What is at the bottom of it?

A family of cute fluffy bunnies of course. :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::smile:

Squatch

Time 24-06-2011 01:38 PM

Look at the matrix, that natural curiosity, freed you from the computer program. The same thing as actualy reading up ont he bile frees you from preconceptions....

We dont know whats at the bottom, thats why we are so curious

sound 24-06-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gem
What is at the bottom of it?

More digging ... or ... an ever growing woodpile lol

"Run, rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave. "

Time 24-06-2011 01:42 PM

had to post the pink floyd.....

sound 24-06-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time
had to post the pink floyd.....

Yep lol :hug3: ..............

Internal Queries 24-06-2011 01:55 PM

the rabbit hole is as deep as your imagination and as real as your ability to believe in the bizarre. there are a lot of Alices on this site.