Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tarot and Oracle Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   what do you do when the cards persist? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=122209)

innerlight 25-04-2018 01:09 AM

what do you do when the cards persist?

What do you do, when you constantly pull the same cards, over and over again. Yes, I know, the "reason" behind such a philosophy is telling one the message still needs to be heard.

What if you abide by the messages, hear them, yet the cards still return to you. No matter what you do. Or what deck you pull from. The cards continue to keep coming out. Over. And over. And I'm not talking one day, or two days. I'm talking weeks to months. Regardless of what question is asked, or even if it's just a general pull, or a week pull, or a card of the day.

SaturninePluto 25-04-2018 01:51 AM

Quote:

Posted by innerlight
What do you do, when you constantly pull the same cards, over and over again. Yes, I know, the "reason" behind such a philosophy is telling one the message still needs to be heard.

What if you abide by the messages, hear them, yet the cards still return to you. No matter what you do. Or what deck you pull from. The cards continue to keep coming out. Over. And over. And I'm not talking one day, or two days. I'm talking weeks to months. Regardless of what question is asked, or even if it's just a general pull, or a week pull, or a card of the day.

Are you using a more than one or two card spread or?

I've had this happen to me in every single spread I would do for myself. I use a big cross based spread that uses 12 or more cards, and in every spread I would do for myself which were basically a general what is in store reading, I had the very same cards over and over and in many times the very same spot in the card spread over and over and over and over, for stretches at times. Example I would read the cards one month. Leave it for two or three months and the spread would be the same, after shuffling, mixing the cards etc etc. On and on trying to tell me the same thing.

Have you tried shuffling and then laying the cards flat on a surface and mixing, and if all else fails 52 pick up type mix, toss em on the floor and give them a thorough mix down?

The cards for me when I tried to do a spread for myself seemed to try and tell me over and over of a change of residence and love, marriage themes. This was years ago. I knew then I doubted the message. It kept coming up over and over.

My remedy is I no longer read tarot often, and the theme for myself seems now a days to be when I read for my self I find I am getting warnings.

So I've stopped card reading all together as I have other means for divining. I usually read by energy or when I am inclined astrologically.

For you I realize you may not want specifically to give the cards a break.

So I suggest perhaps shuffling, and not only shuffling but mixing, lay the cards down on a surface and mix them together, and re- mix, re-mix, maybe see if that helps?

I see why this may concern you more especially if you are reading for others.

So perhaps mixing the cards may help.

innerlight 25-04-2018 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Are you using a more than one or two card spread or?

I've had this happen to me in every single spread I would do for myself. I use a big cross based spread that uses 12 or more cards, and in every spread I would do for myself which were basically a general what is in store reading, I had the very same cards over and over and in many times the very same spot in the card spread over and over and over and over, for stretches at times. Example I would read the cards one month. Leave it for two or three months and the spread would be the same, after shuffling, mixing the cards etc etc. On and on trying to tell me the same thing.

Have you tried shuffling and then laying the cards flat on a surface and mixing, and if all else fails 52 pick up type mix, toss em on the floor and give them a thorough mix down?

The cards for me when I tried to do a spread for myself seemed to try and tell me over and over of a change of residence and love, marriage themes. This was years ago. I knew then I doubted the message. It kept coming up over and over.

My remedy is I no longer read tarot often, and the theme for myself seems now a days to be when I read for my self I find I am getting warnings.

So I've stopped card reading all together as I have other means for divining. I usually read by energy or when I am inclined astrologically.

For you I realize you may not want specifically to give the cards a break.

So I suggest perhaps shuffling, and not only shuffling but mixing, lay the cards down on a surface and mix them together, and re- mix, re-mix, maybe see if that helps?

I see why this may concern you more especially if you are reading for others.

So perhaps mixing the cards may help.

I've used various spreads when pulling for myself. From one card for daily guidance, to a basic three card pull. All the way to a celtic cross spread. Each one just the same cards coming out over and over.

Now when I pull my cards, I will shuffle, and then fan them all the way out. I will then pull random cards from random places that I am feeling the pull to pull from. So in theory there should be no way that I could consciously keep pulling the same cards in such a random way. Cards come out different when I am pulling for others. Just when I pull for myself, I will keep seeing the same cards. Usually they are. The Fool. Three of Swords. The Hermit. Judgement. The Tower. The Chariot... And then I will get cups cards. 9 of cups. Page and Knight of Cups. And then queen of wands and swords will come up. Those are the cards I will continuously keep seeing over and over again. Every now and then other cards will pop up with these cards.

Now, the basic of those cards, is the start of a new journey of healing, and introspection. Releasing of the old, bringing in the new. Learning and growing.. Yet, knowing this, working on all of this. Working on myself. The cards still persist. So, some message is being missed.

angelic star 25-04-2018 03:02 AM

Not cards especially but numbers would continue to appear for me over and over again for years. Like the death card that I would frequently pick at one point in my life, I think it's a continuing pattern, an ongoing lesson in that case. Or in other cases depending on the surrounding cards you may know what the answer might be addressing towards not typically the things that have been taken care of but maybe the next step to overcome an underlying pattern that card specially refers to.
You can do another spread , asking what pattern the card represents and the various factors that contribute to it. So the next time the card appears in a spread you have an idea how to refer to the card and read a new spread each time it appears. Change it up a bit over the weeks, and perhaps also journal to understand what the card might especially mean to you.

I don't just narrow myself to divination but yes it' s one of my passions. Tarot is one of them. I don't like online interactions because I feel it is not very transparent that way for me. I don't feel that I can always trust a person online just in terms of just energy and what they write. I don't heavily rely on online advise a lot anymore. But that's just me.
Otherwise for someone just venturing into Tarot or any other forms of divination, yes it can be interactive and very benificial.

Anyways, as in for your question for reading cards, I would ask you to journal. It's very helpful. Especially if cards turn up often, get more creative around it. All the best to you.

FairyCrystal 25-04-2018 09:14 AM

Close to what Angelic says, you could ask the cards more questions.
For instance, what is the lesson of these cards?
What part of this lesson/s are you not seeing (blind spot)?
What is blocking you learning this lesson? (which makes them come up over and over again).
Which part have you already learnt?

What I'm wondering is if you've had a Tower phase?
I think I'd also dive deeper into the Chariot. Often this card makes me feel I/the readee is trying to get away from something. For some reason I get that feeling now as well, hence me saying I'd look into that card. Is it saying you are trying to get away from something (escape) so you don't have to face the Swords of 3 and/or the Tower?
Or is Chariot's message something else.
SOmetimes it helps to get other cards to answer these questions, oracle cards. I'd use my chakra insight cards for this or the WIsdom of the Oracle.

Clover 25-04-2018 09:23 AM

Maybe you need to switch it up a bit, if I remember correctly, your into Angels and happy feel good type decks. Nothing wrong with that, cough, but Maybe your senses need to be provoked with new imagery that extends beyond your comfort zone. Maybe a dark shadow deck like The Mary-el or even the Fairy lights tarot which don't really use the traditional Rider system. Just imagery that provokes thought or gives you a different perspective.For example, the three of swords on the Fairy light Tarot is a picture of crescent moon phases which I thought was pretty brilliant as a different perspective. We tend to release or work with intention in moon cycles, who knows maybe your getting three of swords during moon phases or retrogrades

Could also be stored emotional energy that has yet to be released. However, I think more times than we realize, we carry or engage in karmic patterns, or we play out the same scenes but with different people/scenarios. The cards could be making you self aware of your karmic patterns and reminding you not to go down a certain path, Or engage in behaviors that your easily drawn too.

innerlight 25-04-2018 09:01 PM

Thanks, Angelic star. I have noticed the trends for some times now. I'm even noticing dream symbols repeating. Which is a new thing for me. I have written down my dreams for years. Decades even. And now, all of a sudden. I will be seeing the same symbols over and over. There is certainly a message in there, that they want me to pay attention to. I just don't know what it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Close to what Angelic says, you could ask the cards more questions.
For instance, what is the lesson of these cards?
What part of this lesson/s are you not seeing (blind spot)?
What is blocking you learning this lesson? (which makes them come up over and over again).
Which part have you already learnt?

What I'm wondering is if you've had a Tower phase?
I think I'd also dive deeper into the Chariot. Often this card makes me feel I/the readee is trying to get away from something. For some reason I get that feeling now as well, hence me saying I'd look into that card. Is it saying you are trying to get away from something (escape) so you don't have to face the Swords of 3 and/or the Tower?
Or is Chariot's message something else.
SOmetimes it helps to get other cards to answer these questions, oracle cards. I'd use my chakra insight cards for this or the WIsdom of the Oracle.

I can not say that I have had the tower phase. I don't know. It's possible it's speaking of a broken relationship that I got out of end of last year.. But it would be silly to see that come up now. I have seen it a few times in pulls. It came out first when I did a pull for the new year, and what it would bring about. I've also seen five of pentacles many times as well. Which is about hardships and hard times, and going through that. Pentacles is more about finances, and right now, luckily I am not going through that. I just in fact got a great review, and a bigger raise than I normally get. So things are staying steady there.

Tower and the fool together to be seems to be about like start fresh with things. Yet, I am not sure what exactly this is about. Other than healing stuff within myself. Which I am doing now. And have been doing for the past 3 years. Which has been a major healing journey for myself.

I don't know what I am trying to avoid, if it's something.. then it's not a conscious thing. The three of swords is the rogue element. As is that speaking of past heartbreaks, and healing from them, or is it speaking of potential? Nothing is lined up that way for me. I'm not dating or interested in anyone right now. So it's not current lineups, and I hope it's not happening again with someone. Done enough of that for a lifetime. Yet all the cups cards speak of healthy and good relationships.

So either my subconscious is all over the place, and it can't pull a good pull, without being confused.. Or I am missing a piece, or soon things will really hit the proverbial fan for me.

innerlight 25-04-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clover
Maybe you need to switch it up a bit, if I remember correctly, your into Angels and happy feel good type decks. Nothing wrong with that, cough, but Maybe your senses need to be provoked with new imagery that extends beyond your comfort zone. Maybe a dark shadow deck like The Mary-el or even the Fairy lights tarot which don't really use the traditional Rider system. Just imagery that provokes thought or gives you a different perspective.For example, the three of swords on the Fairy light Tarot is a picture of crescent moon phases which I thought was pretty brilliant as a different perspective. We tend to release or work with intention in moon cycles, who knows maybe your getting three of swords during moon phases or retrogrades

Could also be stored emotional energy that has yet to be released. However, I think more times than we realize, we carry or engage in karmic patterns, or we play out the same scenes but with different people/scenarios. The cards could be making you self aware of your karmic patterns and reminding you not to go down a certain path, Or engage in behaviors that your easily drawn too.

That was one of my thoughts as well. Was that it was the deck I was using. I was using an angel deck tarot deck. Which is more fluffy than anything else. I don't normally do a lot of tarot readings. Just lately I have been getting into them for a more in depth reading. So I switched to the Happy Tarot Deck to see if that would change it up... But the same cards were still coming out, over and over again. I even used the basic rider, and the cards returned.... I did however order two new decks. Mythic Tarot, which uses Greek Myths in their imagery, and I am a huge fan of Greek Myth. And Healing Light Tarot, I just liked the imagery in them. Perhaps they will give different insights.

And perhaps I need to, as other suggested, ask more questions about the pulls. And go from there.

It could be something that needs to be worked through, and out. I just don't know what it is, nor have I seen any signs of it yet in my life.

Pagandell 26-04-2018 01:36 AM

Just a thought on the queen of wands, is there a woman you need to communicate with.

innerlight 26-04-2018 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pagandell
Just a thought on the queen of wands, is there a woman you need to communicate with.

Not that I am aware of. The women in my life, are the ones I currently speak to. Others, I don't, for good reason. Such as, my latest ex, that I broke with last year. Who is a narcissist, and played me, and another guy for a year. So, I have no desire to open that can of worms, and go back into that world again. More than that would be past relationships that go back further than that. And not people that are in my circle these days, or have access to. To know if it's someone I need to talk to, or perhaps that person may step forward at some point.

Or, abstractly, it's about me embodying those uplifting, nurturing energies of the queen of wands. She's a card of fertility and I don't see myself having a child with a women any time soon. But who knows.

So, I decided to try as was suggested and see if I could learn more about a card. So I started with, since was mentioned. The queen of wands. I pulled three more cards about this card, to see if more light could be shed. With a fourth card for summary of what the cards are trying to say to me.

Cards were as follows, three of pentacles. Justice. And queen of swords. With the fourth card, being The Wheel. Which, of course are more cards I've seen be fore. The queen of swords comes up as often as the queen of wands does. At first I have thought it may have been two different women. But it's possible they are two sides of the same person. Someone who is loving, supporting, and nurturing, but also someone who who has learned from their mistakes, and can be logical with decisions at time.

Wheel, I would imagine either destiny is at play in all of this. Or some change is afoot, or a cycle is ending. With it tied into justice, perhaps some sort of karma playing out? Lesson I need to learn? Or a lesson I need to heal and balance? Three of pentacles if the completion of a goal and teamwork.

So, dunno how this applies to a current situation. Or something, that needs to be healed and released from the past. Cutting cords. Clearing ties. Clearing energies.