Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Vegetarian & Vegan (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Favourite Spicy Foods and Chillies (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=89090)

White Transmigration 31-07-2015 12:42 PM

Favourite Spicy Foods and Chillies

I love eating spicy foods and meals since as a kid. I enjoy Indian, Chinese, Mexican and Thai cuisine.

The spice, taste, heat and sweetness of it makes it quite satisfying to enjoy to eat. :tongue:

I tend to gravitate towards Indian foods nowadays as my favourite spicy foods or meals.

For chillies I tend to have jalapeƱos pretty often, but for a brave taster of chillies, Carolina Reapers are extremely hot, trust me on that.
They are useful for a cold as a cure with peppermint oil. Carolina Reapers and Peppermint oil in water made my eyes tear and nose heat up with steam.

A potent chilli which is a crossbreed of habanero and Ghost Chilli.

What is your favourite spicy food and chillies?

knightofalbion 31-07-2015 12:46 PM

Not a big fan of red hot, spicy food I must confess, but most certainly a fan of spices for medicinal purposes. Turmeric, ginger, cinnamon etc.

Gem 31-07-2015 01:13 PM

Red lentil dhaal.

LibbyScorp 02-08-2015 07:34 AM

thai green curry
i'm such a weenie, though. 2 star max, ok?!

Miss Hepburn 02-08-2015 01:53 PM

I did buy a new, for me, masala...wonderfully spiced with a wonderful heat to it!
Chana masala...usually recommended for chick peas...but,
you know, can be cooked with anything!

White Transmigration 03-08-2015 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
thai green curry
i'm such a weenie, though. 2 star max, ok?!

Some people just can't handle it, nothing to be ashamed of.

White Transmigration 03-08-2015 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I did buy a new, for me, masala...wonderfully spiced with a wonderful heat to it!
Chana masala...usually recommended for chick peas...but,
you know, can be cooked with anything!

Whatever you feel like doing so, Food is food. It shouldn't have to meet expectations. Eat anything with anything edible even it's strange. What if you were in the wilderness to eat? Can you survive? :icon_thumright:

rainbow.sprinkles 03-08-2015 11:59 PM

I love anything chipotle. chipotle mayo is the best.

mogenblue 06-08-2015 05:28 AM

I didn't know there are so many hot spices. I usually go for cayenne peper or chilli if I want hot food.

But I do miss the umami taste. That is the taste you find in blue cheese and fermented yeast, here available in Marmite. I am about to try some seaweed to check that for the umami taste. It's also found in fermented soy products like soy sauce.
I like Marmite a lot. I use it together with peanut butter.

BigJohn 21-09-2018 06:52 AM

I love horesradish mixed with habenaro peppers.