Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Are you looking forward to death? yes or no? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110338)

Burntfruit 01-02-2017 09:42 PM

Are you looking forward to death? yes or no?

Death is just going home.

Often we hear incarnation on earth to be like boarding schools.

This statement has various ramifications, such as we are here to learn, we have to follow the rules, we can be child like.

Do you get fed up of life, and yearn to be in the after realms, where there are no misunderstandings, you have the company of your eternal soul group, and can explore a beautiful environment.

Or do you love life, and want to live forever?

Dargor 01-02-2017 11:33 PM

It depends. If there is still some light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to my life then I'm not that much in a hurry to die. But if nothing special awaits me in life and I am just to remain enslaved to time itself then why should I even care about getting old and live long?

Burntfruit 01-02-2017 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
It depends. If there is still some light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to my life then I'm not that much in a hurry to die. But if nothing special awaits me in life and I am just to remain enslaved to time itself then why should I even care about getting old and live long?

You sound like you are fed up, but you have a lingering hope that things may change for the better.

But generally you are misanthropic and don't really care that much.

Dargor 01-02-2017 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burntfruit
You sound like you are fed up, but you have a lingering hope that things may change for the better.

But generally you are misanthropic and don't really care that much.

You arent't wrong about that. But I hope you at least realise it may have it's good reasons though.

Burntfruit 01-02-2017 11:53 PM

Quote:

You arent't wrong about that. But I hope you at least realise it may have it's good reasons though.

Its alright, I feel a similar way.

Faith33 02-02-2017 08:27 AM

NO.
When one has a family and children that need their support, whether it be moral or otherwise, they want to stick around for as loooong as possible and watch their buds blossom into the world.
I am in no hurry to leave! You hear me up there? Or down there? Hehe.

For now, this ( Earth) is what I call home and is where I want to be.

Tristran 02-02-2017 08:35 AM

With Jesus being the 'get out of jail free' card, its only a matter of time now, that i will be leaving this prison planet for a better and more adventurous existence on another planet, out there in Gods' Universe.

Cannot wait to die on this planet and leave hell for evermore.

Gustavo Woltmann 02-02-2017 09:13 AM

Everyone will go to death one day. This is a tough question you know. But in my opinion, I'm not ready yet because I can't imagine what will happen to all my love ones that seem to be most important to me right now. My answer is a big NO.

Busby 02-02-2017 12:09 PM

The three score years and ten, that period which apparently is alloted to us as an average, is in my case well in the past. Maybe I've got another five minutes, five months or five years. I can't know. What I do know is that I'm lucky, I have no illnesses, no pains, no regrets. Unfortunately my wife died eight years ago so I've had to get along without a close companion - which, after 50 years of marriage takes a while to get used to.

Finding a new 'girlfriend' wasn't and isn't for me. No-one could replace the one who's gone.

Whether or not I go further after death (in some way) or not is all the same to me. I do actually have more than just a few reasons, due to my life experiences, to think that death isn't 'the end'. To ask whether I'm looking forward or not to dying isn't a good question. Because it depends. I certainly don't want to be the one remaining. Lots of my friends and neighbours are no longer around and nowadays almost every week brings another little reminder.

We all experience a little death each night when we drop off to sleep - and this doesn't cause us any worry. Could it be a symbol, this dropping off and awakening thousands of times during a lifetime to indicate how things are?
What I can say is that I've had a good life. A very good life. To be reborn and not to have an improvement upon that which went before would be a terrible shock.

So, if it is going to be a life not matching up to this one then I'd prefer to forgo it. An even better life would be welcome. A famous French philosopher said 'it's no more a miracle to be born twice than it is to be born once' - I tend to hold this as a truth - and hope that if I see those pearly gates open that I'll see green grass and sunshine.

shoni7510 02-02-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

This statement has various ramifications, such as we are here to learn, we have to follow the rules, we can be child like.

Do you get fed up of life, and yearn to be in the after realms, where there are no misunderstandings, you have the company of your eternal soul group, and can explore a beautiful environment.

I look forward to death and I think it is not coming soon enough. But I have kids and loved ones that I do not want to leave behind. So I am 50/50.

Glacier Serenade 02-02-2017 03:03 PM

I wouldn't really say "looking forward" to it as such. I know this life shouldn't be rushed; we need to experience it like it's all there is, even if you believe there's more. It's a path of challenges and learning how to overcome them. Having fun, loving etc. is basically the starting point to what's "next" like a training level on a game, for which would be a big advantage for you to the rest of the game :D

linen53 02-02-2017 03:08 PM

Hey, I've made it this far. Think I'll stick it out until my time is naturally over here. Yes, it's been a tough life. But I'm good now, this moment.

But when it's my time to pass over The Gates of Hell couldn't stop me from going home.

mogenblue 02-02-2017 05:16 PM

I would like to leave for a better place in the afterlife.

But if there are things that I still need to make up for I rather do it now then come back in another life if possible. If it would save me one extra incarnation I would probably prefer that.

But life on earth is misunderstood by many. If you really want to go that much then you probably don't understand too well why you are here in the first place.
I have learned that spiritual growth can proceed much faster when you incarnate in a physical body then by staying in the afterlife.

I try to make my life as comfortable as possible. But if there is more comfort on the other side I don't want to be dumb and say on the wrong side of the coffin.

taurmel 02-02-2017 06:17 PM

I'm with Glacier, living like there is nothing more because, hey, what if there isn't?! Though I won't lie, some days I am in so much physical pain that I'm crying, literally begging for the end...but then, those days eventually pass and I live like it's the last!

Lynn 02-02-2017 06:27 PM

Hello

There are times when we hit that darker place and home does feel like it would be nice to return to but the lessons do not end in going home. We might well be sent forth again to something in a life that is more of a challenge than the one we have.

In a regression I did I came into this life mad as all "H" that I was female that I would have to do the family things again, that I would marry and be in that state of being for life.

My Mom had a lung fully collapse when she was early on pregnant with me, this should have ended my being the Dr. said but I lived on. She had an emergency C Section that did not go the best, but I lived on. We never connected her and I . It seems I choose my Dad but she was just the tool there to bring me in.

I have three kids, and I have no regrets in this path with them. I got rid of the abusive relationship that was to be the "lifetime one" and replace it with my Mirror Soul Twin. So that feeling from home that was there is now gone.

We have to at times accept that we might not have the best life path but to have the physical world is a wondrous thing.

Lynn

jimrich 03-02-2017 04:54 PM

Quote:

LOL, you ARE "home". What else could you be? Your ego may not understand this but you, the Reality, ARE HOME - not at home but ARE the "home". Death is an aspect of your divine play here. There is no actual "death".
Quote:

that is true for the (imagined) ego but not for you, the Source.

Quote:

Who/what is this "we"? You are not a "we"! Your are the Absolute appearing as this "we" or a person. You, the Infinite Being are ONE appearing as many.

Quote:

This is only about the apparent ego/person/entity that you, the Source, have projected into your cosmic drama for your own enjoyment. You, the Infinite, do not get fed up with life although your imagined ego might. Everything in that statement is about the cosmic Dream that you, the Eternal, have projected.

Quote:

You, the Infinite Being, do "love" life and you already are living FOREVER and beyond whereas, you, the personal, limited and short lived ego may love or hate life and wants to live forever as this limited ego.
None of this comment pertains to you, the Reality or Source or whatever you want to call your divine self.

mihael_11 03-02-2017 05:27 PM

I don't mind death if that is my path. I let the end come when is it necessary to be so.

Until then i live life, that i can't find as a blessing, but that is probably way, that im not too attached to anything. Have wish for pleasant experiences and with time, that i make a connections about everything that is present and is going on in my life and when i am able to see everything will be probably even more saticefied and abble accept what is and what was and will be.

If i would have to live this life again i wish i would have more guidance. But then again i ask myself, what is the path of living this way, somehow in darkness when there could be better. I can feel it, but can't reach it.

Should be more active than writing on forum, but that is the way i have choose for this life. Im really interested to find answers through internet, or lets say, not personal level.

I also tried to imagine death in many ways and situations, so i became really confident about this topic. So i realised there is no meaning to die, until you have find out and accomplished at least the most interesting and hidden things that you were not aware before. So im into some kind of development, but lacking to see bigger picture.

shoresh 04-02-2017 03:50 AM

I do not want to be here...I think for all my life, at an inner soul level, I knew this. Just as Lynn mentioned...Mad as hell...also had many times in my life I should have passed but didn't, instead my beautiful son passes...my second one...
When I lay down, for the final time, it will be good.

NightingalesFlame 05-02-2017 12:58 AM

I'm not ready unless all my loved ones go with me as it's the end of the world. I have a child! It's not someone you'd want to leave behind unless we go together under those circumstances. My answer would be NO at this time. I want to see my baby grow and he deserves a chance..

neil 05-02-2017 03:09 AM

IM 54 YEARS YOUNG & AM "DEFINITELY READY" & WILLING.
I do not have children, so no reliance in that regard, but my parents are still on earth, & I will be staying in the flesh, to help them through their elderly years on earth. They are in their eighties, & I figure that I owe it to them to help them in their old age, because, well, they gave eternal consciousness, to a soul, which brought the "eternal" me into being.
& without my folks I would not be in existence.

I have a funeral fully payed for & have chosen a wicker casket.& have retired from work & am fully self funded & do figure that my funds should last at least another 15 years, just long enough I believe.

& i have chosen my choice of exiting the flesh.....
.......& if my folks were to pass today, I would see to their funeral & last wishes & then depart myself immediately there after.

Iam extremely fit & healthy & sane of mind & have everything I need to survive comfortably, but I would rather like to live eternally in the spiritual form without the flesh from this moment on...but alas I will have to wait.

I did tell my folks of my desire to exit the earth life & I asked them if they could cope without my help as they get older, & they said yes & it would be ok by them if I left the earth, but they said they would definitely miss me of course....& well I decided that it would not be the right thing to do, in leaving them behind. ...so I am still here on earth for them, 5 years later.....& my desire to exit the flesh, is growing stronger every moment that i have to, stay in the flesh.

Dreamer67 08-02-2017 04:34 AM

YES! In not in a hurry to get there as I want my soul to finish what it came here to do. But I can't wait to get back home. I've seen the other side many times and know just how beautiful it is there.

Dreamer67 08-02-2017 02:24 PM

I looking forward to my death and welcome it. I'm not in a hurry but can't wait till go to my real home.

Baile 08-02-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Or do you love life

Yes.
Quote:

and want to live forever?

Not a realistic question so no point in even contemplating it. Still, I am an eternal soul, so yes I guess we do live forever in that regard. I live, I will die, I will be reborn many more times. But that's about as much as I think about death itself and the afterlife.

Kwabena 08-02-2017 06:49 PM

Yeah im pretty much ready to leave. A lot of prayers have kept me here this long. Im still here because of relationships. Since i was a child when i dream, i feel way better and free and disappointed that i have to wake up, or be woken up lol.

EgoIsSatan 08-02-2017 10:16 PM

If it was a door that I could walk through right at this moment, I very likely would

Dargor 08-02-2017 11:29 PM

I have a funny feeling that people who desire death live long and healthy but people who are too succesfull and try to avoid death at all costs end up dead sooner. Maybe not always, but still not uncommon.

Snow Goose 09-02-2017 12:03 AM

Yes, i sure am

Kwabena 09-02-2017 01:29 AM

Quote:

I have a funny feeling that people who desire death live long and healthy but people who are too succesfull and try to avoid death at all costs end up dead sooner. Maybe not always, but still not uncommon.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Starman 09-02-2017 09:53 AM

Quote:

I am already in the afterlife at this very moment; you do not have to surrender your physical existence to experience the afterlife.
With a heightened sense of perception we come to realize that we are already home and have always been home.
The Self which I am deep within my physical body does not distinguish between physical and spiritual, as it is already in another
dimension removed from the physical but nonetheless supporting and using the physical for its continued growth and development.
All of us live and have our being in our own awareness. It is not the physical body which needs to be discarded rather it is a
limited perspective which needs to be discarded in my opinion. Life is not what I do, or don't do, rather life is what I am and will always be

Baile 09-02-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starman
I am already in the afterlife at this very moment; you do not have to surrender your physical existence to experience the afterlife.

Wow yes of course that's the case, such a great insight.

Baile 09-02-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starman
It is not the physical body which needs to be discarded rather it is a limited perspective which needs to be discarded in my opinion. Life is not what I do, or don't do, rather life is what I am and will always be

So many unhappy people. Folks, read Starman's comment here and take note. And I mean put aside your limiting belief-constructs that chain you to your angry, or jaded, or tired, or worn-out life-view. Put that all aside for just a moment, and read it, and learn. Learn about the miracle and gift that is physical existence.

tommylama 09-02-2017 01:04 PM

Death, where is thy sting?

Death brings us to the World of Effects, which is created by the things we do while we are alive. *I'm thinking there will be a temporary Hellish experience, but most of the Hell we cause will be manifested into our next life on Earth. *The Heaven we create is also temporary, but I'm thinking, depending on our point in evolution, the time may seem to be much longer -- like how time passes in Narnia. *I'm hoping that time is always going forward, i.e. that there is an Arrow of Time which is always advancing. *In other words, I'm hoping that we can't incarnate backwards into the Middle Ages, for example. *

We die every night when we go to sleep. *Our consciousness leaves our physical body and wakes up in our astral body. *There are differences between sleeping and dying, but the main difference is that you can't wake up anymore. *Death is a dream. *All is illusion, in the last analysis, and death is just another form of illusion. *It's a way better illusion, however, because in death we can be aware of the living and the dead at the same time. *There is no loss of loved ones to the deceased. *It will all be illusion, but a very nice illusion indeed!

Des39 27-02-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Yes! Very much fed up of life. I would go immediately, even if there is no afterlife.
Quote:

Living forever this life in this society is absolutely dreadful idea.

Parma 28-02-2017 04:03 AM

I'm curious to see what awaits me, and I'm looking forward to seeing my late husband, but I can't say I'm in a hurry to leave. Though I'm glad I'm closer to the end of my life rather than the beginning.

admissioninfo123 28-02-2017 07:29 AM

It depends ............but i can say most of the times ..................not

lifeisgolden 28-02-2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

I'm looking forward to the day I go back home, but for now many things to do! and experience!

Wandering_Star 01-03-2017 04:15 AM

I admit it; get a little twinge of envy whenever someone close to me dies. They get to go home! But I don't have any strong desire to follow them. In fact, looking at the long lifespans of so many relatives, I suspect I'm going to be here for a long time to come, so I might as well enjoy it.

I've long since made peace with being here, and enjoy this place, so I'm fine with playing out this round of the game. Sure, unpleasant stuff happens, but I just see it as a chance to raise my "power level" by choosing to respond to it from the perspective of an immortal soul that understands it's all a game, rather than from my temporary ego-self avatar. I have work of various kinds that I feel called to do, and I'm doing it, and I'm happier than I've ever been.

I got off to a difficult start in this life, and until I hit about 40 I had some pretty extreme ups and downs. But once I learned to stop being so afraid all the time, caught up in meatsuit-ego issues, and start following my soul's desires instead, living here became immensely easier.

I'm not afraid of dying, and do see it as an option should I ever calmly decide I've had enough, my work is done, and it's time to go. But short of a terminal illness, or debility in extreme old age, I can't think of anything that would lead me to exercise that option.

Silver 01-03-2017 07:25 AM

I admit I have mixed feelings right now. Mostly, I want to live forever - but, I have heart problems that scare me. Had a triple bypass in June of 2014, and have been in and out of the hospital a lot. When the mornings come, I always feel grateful that I woke up. I'm tired of jerks though - noisy neighbors, for example. They wear me down sometimes, but I still wanna out-live them.
:D

Crystal canuck 01-03-2017 10:35 AM

I'm not so much afraid of being dead, but dying scares the hell out of me. Being in hideous pain for years on a death bed with cancer or something:icon_frown:

Seems strange that we put our pets out of misery but humans have to suffer as long as possible.

Also, I am extremely scared of losing the people I love, specifically my wife who is older than I. :icon_frown:

Sometimes I wonder what the point of it all is. It seems we have 2 options in life:

1: To die

Or

2: watch everyone you love die and then later die yourself.

I find myself constantly thinking about death, and it scares the hell out me.

Colorado 10-03-2017 05:39 PM

I'm leaning towards no. I've already had a few NDEs...and though my life here hasn't been easy, I understand why I'm here. As I get older, my life seems to get a little better. It seems I died young in my last past lives, and I want to live long enough to be there for my kids, and be able to not be afraid of life like I was for so long. I'm not afraid of death. Living has always been a challenge for me. There's a lot of us who need to learn to live...without depression, anxiety, fear and to see things differently than we have in the past.