Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Books (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What Book Are You Currently Reading ? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3642)

Soul Searching 01-10-2010 10:39 PM

What Book Are You Currently Reading ?

My book of choice at the moment is ...

Stairways To Heaven - by Lorna Byrne.

This follows on her life story from where her first book - Angels In My Hair, finished.

A remarkable tale, from a truly remarkable lady .... very inspiring.

Well worth a read .... :hug3:

Amethyst Angel 04-10-2010 05:02 PM

I've just finished Stairways to heaven as well, I haven't read her first book yet, but it's in my reading pile. I really enjoyed it, totally different than any other angel book I've read :D

Soul Searching 04-10-2010 07:10 PM

Don't tell me how it ends !!! .................. :icon_eek:

I'm only half way through it !!! ............. lol !! :D

Seriously though, you should read her first book - Angels In My Hair, you will love it too.

Very inspiring read. :hug3:

onlyme2 04-10-2010 07:22 PM

im currently reading your posts

Medb 04-10-2010 07:47 PM

I'm finally reading The Mists of Avalon and loving every page of it

Checkers 04-10-2010 07:54 PM

I'm reading Legacy of the Heart, The Spiritual Advantages of a Painful Childhood by Wayne Muller.

I have probably read a 1,000 self help and spiritual books. This is in the top 10 of favorites. It oozes with healing. It wouldn't matter if you had a painful childhood or not. Just read it. The man's words are healing. I have two friends who have read it and said the same thing.

Checkers

jorddy 04-10-2010 08:02 PM

Hey!
Tim O'brien's "The Things They Carried". I'm almost done (about 7/8's done).. It brings some great thought along with the text.
Its one of those books that leave you thinking a while after, and give you great intrespect on your life. (I dont want to explain my ideas of it because, I want you all to come to your own conclusion if you do read it ) :) Hope yall are well

Amethyst Angel 04-10-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul Searching
Don't tell me how it ends !!! .................. :icon_eek:

I'm only half way through it !!! ............. lol !! :D

Seriously though, you should read her first book - Angels In My Hair, you will love it too.

Very inspiring read. :hug3:

I wouldn't dream of it, but so glad you are enjoying it. Looking forward to reading the first one, but reading some historical fiction first though :D

Amethyst Angel 04-10-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medb
I'm finally reading The Mists of Avalon and loving every page of it

aaaahhhh, one of my all time favourite books and one that I would never part with :D

Cosmix 05-10-2010 03:10 AM

I'm going to be reading all of the Carlos Castaneda books. Just got done with "The Teachings of don Juan - A Yaqui Way of Knowledge" and am now starting "Separate Reality".