Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Dreams (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Escaping a city (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=121109)

Rsandee 03-03-2018 12:52 PM

Escaping a city

I dreamed I was a guard in a giant tower, I was helping a prince of some sorts getting to the top of this tower. This prince was an enemy of the country/empire we were in, I was feigning alliance with this state and was actually an agent of this prince. I showed the prince a way to get to the top using an incomplete staircase with a hole in it, he could jump over it but the guards would be unable to because of their heavy armour. When the guards found the prince and couldn't chase him because of the staircase, I had to pretend to chase him with some other friends of mine who were undercover as well. We tried to find another way to go up, but when we looked out of the window after a while we found out we were actually near the canal, at water level. We decided it was too late to catch up with the prince and that we should evacuate the city as soon as possible. We took a wooden boat (it were medieval times after all) and tried to use the canal to get out of the city. At the end of the canal some soldiers were guarding the exit, waiting for us. We jumped out of the boat and swam underneath them, one of us transformed into a hippopotamus and broke their boat so we could get away. After we successfully evacuated the city and got away from the soldiers, I found a a talking starfish. She was wise but didn't want to answer my question, where we should go. I told her she was wise, intelligent, smart and that we could never survive out here without her guidance. She disappeared and merged with the sand, building a sandcastle with a pedestal in the middle. The pedestal had a "phi" symbol on it, when I laid my hand on it it disappeared and made a hole in the ground. The sea star woman told me that when defending yourself and trying to find new things, you often find something you were really looking for but never knew you where searching for.

I would like to hear someones interpretation of this dream, the final message is clear but overall it's full of tricky details.

Michelle11 03-03-2018 01:55 PM

I could see this being related to different states of your own being or your struggles with some powerful personalities in your life. You or someone you know has the perception that life should be met with structure, discipline and strong defensive practices. This type of outlook is a threat to seeing our worth and value and our perfect image of ourselves, depending on your perception of the prince ideal. This ideal feels at risk where you live, your state of being or the atmosphere around you so you try to rise above in your thinking to a higher perspective but there are holes in this plan. Your ideal can get there but you still get dragged down emotional and have to make fierce defensive moves (hippo busting the boat) to get free from feeling oppressed by the situation.

So here is where it gets interesting. I suspect the starfish is your higher wisdom related to emotions and living in them as females and ocean dwelling creatures are related to the emotional side of life. By saying you see her as wise could mean you are starting to see the value of emotions in helping you make wise decisions. to fully embrace this it's important to see that the strong fortresses we build to protect ourselves are not built on a solid foundation (Sand) and therefore wind up developing holes of vulnerability. On your quest to understanding this you are starting to see how polar thinking can have an impact on us. Phi can mean a polar coordinate or plane angle. So possibly polar thinking has been put on a pedastal but is on unstable foundation. Polar thinking can be considered thinking in absolutes, good/bad, right/wrong, pass/fail or a very common one, an us versus them perspective. This type of thinking that others who don't see life like we do are the enemy keeps us at odds with them. It's common for us to fall into this kind of mindset when we feel threatened by others but until we break the idea that people can be enemies for how they treat us we will always have to feel on guard in life. You very well may have been looking in a whole other direction to resolve being at odds with strong personalities in your life but in the process are learning much more about thinking styles and in the process liberating yourself fully from feeling the need to defend or run and hide from anyone. Continue to rely on your inner wisdom. It is indeed wise and intelligent.

Rsandee 03-03-2018 03:35 PM

Thanks a lot! It makes a lot of sense!
I definitely have the idea that life should be met with structure and discipline, but I don't want to be dogmatic with my views, I definitely can see that emotions are valuable and it's not a good idea to be seperated from them.
I found that an important detail in the dream is that the prince could jump over the hole in the staircase and that the guards couldn't because they wore heavy armour, I think the prince also represents me in the way that I'm not bound by the same rigidness that a lot of other people have, because they are carrying a heavy idiology or emotional baggage. I however want to find a middle path for myself and grow in my own way, hence I become lighter and can find a higher perception and understanding; symbolized by climbing the tower.

Michelle11 03-03-2018 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rsandee
Thanks a lot! It makes a lot of sense!
I definitely have the idea that life should be met with structure and discipline, but I don't want to be dogmatic with my views, I definitely can see that emotions are valuable and it's not a good idea to be seperated from them.
I found that an important detail in the dream is that the prince could jump over the hole in the staircase and that the guards couldn't because they wore heavy armour, I think the prince also represents me in the way that I'm not bound by the same rigidness that a lot of other people have, because they are carrying a heavy idiology or emotional baggage. I however want to find a middle path for myself and grow in my own way, hence I become lighter and can find a higher perception and understanding; symbolized by climbing the tower.

Yes. I agree the prince is the lighter more free version of yourself and that strong defenses and rigid thinking don't make you as agile. And when it comes to breaking the pattern of polar thinking which exists on unstable ground, the sand, finding the middle road is the way to go. Helps keep us not too grounded and not to high up in the sky. Good insight. And I think the dream is saying you are on your way of achieving just that. And I think in the growing you will gain more than you are expecting which is always nice to hear :smile: