Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritualism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Spiritualism as a Religion. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27091)

deepsea 22-12-2011 07:12 AM

I follow that!
:smile:
Deepsea

Kaausti 23-12-2011 11:04 AM

Well, I have certainly learned a lot about Spiritualism from the ignorance in my original post about Spirituality. Conclusion? Yes, BIG DIFFERENCE.

The interesting thing is? I believe in the definitions of Spiritualism, always have.

Because it is very defined, my thoughts is that it should be listed under a "Religion".

Spiritualism as a term is not used commonly used in my parts of the World. However, there are Spiritualists that practice the mehods within the parameters of the beliefs of Spiritualism. The problem? Its usually for a fee. Native Spiritualists that are not for profit is a dying group of people and a far and few between.

Signed by: Probably the most Ignorant person on Spiritualism on Spiritual Forums. **shrugging shoulders**blushing** Peace.

deepsea 23-12-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaausti
Well, I have certainly learned a lot about Spiritualism from the ignorance in my original post about Spirituality. Conclusion? Yes, BIG DIFFERENCE.

The interesting thing is? I believe in the definitions of Spiritualism, always have.

Because it is very defined, my thoughts is that it should be listed under a "Religion".

Spiritualism as a term is not used commonly used in my parts of the World. However, there are Spiritualists that practice the mehods within the parameters of the beliefs of Spiritualism. The problem? Its usually for a fee. Native Spiritualists that are not for profit is a dying group of people and a far and few between.

Signed by: Probably the most Ignorant person on Spiritualism on Spiritual Forums. **shrugging shoulders**blushing** Peace.

:D
We all have to start somewhere,so no worries.
I was the same as you,totally ignorant of spiritualism.
best way to start,from rock bottom.
Deepsea

Kaausti 23-12-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepsea
:D
We all have to start somewhere,so no worries.
I was the same as you,totally ignorant of spiritualism.
best way to start,from rock bottom.
Deepsea

:redface:

Thanks, Can I still use.... :sign4:

...as an excuse?

...aaah...too late...

Spiritualism. Lesson Learned.

deepsea 23-12-2011 12:07 PM

Um,well,for a while anyway......:rolleyes:

Kaausti 23-12-2011 12:27 PM

I'll take it!

mac 23-12-2011 12:29 PM

[quote=Kaausti

Well, I have certainly learned a lot about [B]Spiritualism[/b] from the ignorance in my original post about Spirituality. Conclusion? Yes, BIG DIFFERENCE. That's good to hear. :smile:

The interesting thing is? I believe in the definitions of Spiritualism, always have. Spiritualism is very simple. Try to make it more than that and you'll likely find personal beliefs creeping in.

Because it is very defined, my thoughts is that it should be listed under a "Religion". Indeed it should because it is a registered, legally recognised, religion here in the UK and elsewhere.

Spiritualism as a term is not used commonly used in my parts of the World. However, there are Spiritualists that practice the mehods within the parameters of the beliefs of Spiritualism. The problem? Its usually for a fee. That doesn't have to be a problem because there is plenty of information freely available. Native Spiritualists that are not for profit is a dying group of people and a far and few between. Such is the way of the world but it can't prevent any individual subscribing to the notion of Spiritualism. BUT if you're looking for practitioners (mediums) who will demonstrate their gifts without charge you are likely to be disappointed - even here in the UK it's not widespread. Folk do what they do - some do not charge, some ask a small donation, some may ask their travelling costs, others make a very comfortable living by using their 'gifts'.

Signed by: Probably the most Ignorant person on Spiritualism on Spiritual Forums. On I'd disagree with you on that! But SF isn't the most informative place for those who would like to understand more about Spiritualism...:wink: :hug3:

Left Behind 23-12-2011 03:54 PM

Probably the best way to differentiate Spiritualism from Spirituality is that Spirituality is the belief or practice of emphasizing the spiritual, as opposed to the material, aspects of man.

Spiritualism is the belief that the soul or spirit of man survives the death of the body, that it is possible for those still on earth to contact those who have passed beyond earthly life, and the practice of attempting to do so.

All Spiritualists are spiritual but not all spiritual people are Spiritualists.

Jim

mac 23-12-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Left Behind
Probably the best way to differentiate Spiritualism from Spirituality is that Spirituality is the belief or practice of emphasizing the spiritual, as opposed to the material, aspects of man.

Spiritualism is the belief that the soul or spirit of man survives the death of the body, that it is possible for those still on earth to contact those who have passed beyond earthly life, and the practice of attempting to do so.

All Spiritualists are spiritual but not all spiritual people are Spiritualists.

Jim

Some Spiritualists will disagree with, quote: "Spiritualism is the belief that the soul or spirit of man survives the death of the body..." Belief is for issues where evidence isn't available - Spiritualism has evidence of survival beyond death, hence belief isn't needed. Compare the belief that Jesus the Nazarene was the son of God and came that we be saved.

quote: "All Spiritualists are spiritual....." This is conjecture without a definition of what 'spiritual' implies.

The following doesn't strictly apply either, quote: "...that it is possible for those still on earth to contact those who have passed beyond earthly life...." I won't enlarge as I've already mentioned this aspect. The more one tries to define, the greater the risk of personal colouration.

KISS, I suggest, is better. Keep It Simple Sweetie :hug3:

mattie 03-01-2012 09:29 AM

Spiritualism Religion

Wikipedia notes that Spiritualism is a belief system that the dead physical body’s nonphysical spirit has the ability to communicate w/ the living. Spiritualism reached its peak from the 1840s - 1920s in English speaking countries. Spiritualism was popular for about 1/2 a century. By the late 1880s the movement, which supported social activism w/ women’s rights & slavery abolition, was weakened due to medium fraud accusations.

Spiritualism’s beliefs (Principles) are, in general, that the spirit exists after the physical body’s death, a belief in spirit contact, personal responsibility, the spirit continues to learn & grow, a belief in God, & the natural world being an expression ‘Infinite Intelligence’ (God).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritualism

In this list of Spiritualist churches worldwide (Google search), they are only listed in the UK, US, Canada, Australia, & New Zealand.
http://www.spiritualist.tv/churches/

Spiritualism churches are present in 26 of 50 US states. Directory of US Spiritualist churches:
http://www.nsac.org/Churches.aspx?id=4.0