Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I made an ankh (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=123609)

Lolly 30-06-2018 02:37 PM

I made an ankh

I was meditating on what my true talents were as I'd like to change my career completely and somehow I made an ankh in my mind. I didn't draw it, it came together in pieces and that's when I realised it was an ankh. It was like I didn't know what I was doing until it was finished.

I've never made anything with my mind in the way this happened, it was an odd experience, I'm not sure I can explain it properly either when I say I made it with my mind.

Has anybody experienced anything similar or does anyone know what I'm trying to explain?

Lumpino 13-07-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolly
I was meditating on what my true talents were as I'd like to change my career completely and somehow I made an ankh in my mind. I didn't draw it, it came together in pieces and that's when I realised it was an ankh. It was like I didn't know what I was doing until it was finished.

I've never made anything with my mind in the way this happened, it was an odd experience, I'm not sure I can explain it properly either when I say I made it with my mind.

Has anybody experienced anything similar or does anyone know what I'm trying to explain?

I think it's a good practice. Meditation on such symbols brings man closer to the spiritual world.

Lolly 22-07-2018 10:42 PM

I also forget that sometimes things don't come straight away. For me its mostly been, I ask questions during meditation, the responses come back in dreams. I get sounds/words or images but its mostly in dreams that I get information so that was an odd experience. Meditating on symbols sounds like good practice to me though, thanks Lumpino :smile:

lugia123 28-08-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolly
I also forget that sometimes things don't come straight away. For me its mostly been, I ask questions during meditation, the responses come back in dreams. I get sounds/words or images but its mostly in dreams that I get information so that was an odd experience. Meditating on symbols sounds like good practice to me though, thanks Lumpino :smile:

Thats awesome! I will try that myself

iamthat 28-08-2018 09:23 PM

The symbolism of the ankh is interesting. In esoteric symbolism the cross normally represents matter and the circle represents Spirit. So the ankh may symbolise Spirit rising above matter, which is why it is associated with life.

And it is also very similar to the astrological symbol for Venus, a planet of great esoteric significance.

So if this ankh manifested while you were meditating on what your true talents are regarding any possible change in career, then maybe your inner Self is saying to find something which serves you spiritually, not just on the material level.

Just one possible interpretation.

Peace.

FallingLeaves 29-08-2018 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
The symbolism of the ankh is interesting. In esoteric symbolism the cross normally represents matter and the circle represents Spirit. So the ankh may symbolise Spirit rising above matter, which is why it is associated with life.

And it is also very similar to the astrological symbol for Venus, a planet of great esoteric significance.

So if this ankh manifested while you were meditating on what your true talents are regarding any possible change in career, then maybe your inner Self is saying to find something which serves you spiritually, not just on the material level.

Peace.

I was thinking something similar. To me it seems to fit in with the general theme of your dreams. But that might just be me, projecting lol!

Aethera 29-08-2018 01:36 AM

I think you saw the Ankh, cause it represents the symbol of life, and key to hidden knowledge.

Lolly 30-08-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat

Peace.

I've never really felt like I knew what I wanted to do but I think other peoples energy was bouncing me around in that I didn't know where they ended and I began if that makes sense. It's time to be myself and really tuck into something I'm going to love. I like your interpretation, thank you iamthat :hug2:

Lolly 30-08-2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I was thinking something similar. To me it seems to fit in with the general theme of your dreams. But that might just be me, projecting lol!

Yes FallingLeaves what are you projecting on to me? :D

LadyMay 30-08-2018 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aethera
I think you saw the Ankh, cause it represents the symbol of life, and key to hidden knowledge.

I was thinking along these lines too, the ankh is the symbol of life (where the cross originally developed from) and the key to life as they say is knowledge of the self and spirit. So maybe as others have said pursuing a more spiritual career will help, or a career focused on finding truth (I can imagine many scientific fields would go hand in hand with that).